+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
I'm pretty sure this is your AOR. Congrats!!!
That is your AOR!
Like what they said, that's your AOR.

What worked for me is to use the option Application Number and Last Name. Supply the information then the drop-down options for the category, etc. Click Search then it'll tell you which other information you need to fill in, the ones with the arrows, NOT the asterisks.

You can also try this:

Category: Permanent Residence
Subcategory: Family (Spouse)

Use UCI and Family Name
-> do not enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country (leave it blank)

Proceed to Passport Info:
- passport number
- country of issue
- issue and expiry date

Enter personal info:
- intended residence (province and city)
- current marital status
- number of applicants: put 2 (if there's only 1 PA and 1 sponsor)

Link. Hope it works! Just remember that all entries you put must match the entries you've written in your application as well.

Thank you so much guys. I'll update when I successfully Link my application :)

Reactions: crystarclear

MountainAB

Jan 4, 2018
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
I got my AOR today guys!!! 7:51PM Super happy!!!
For the ones still waiting, it's coming.

shmoops

Aug 27, 2016
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
Have you received your application number yet as I applied on the same date but have not received the application number yet
P.S I applied from india
Thanks!
Our application was received by cic Dec 19, no AOR yet so far. We applied inland by the way

Together

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hi, some more questions. What works as a proof of relationships/living together? We don't have much from the list they suggest. My ideas are:
1. Joint chequing account. Questions are: do they need only the printout with our names on it or they need a history on that account? Also, does it matter if there are any money on that account or not?
2. Could I as a second document submit sponsor's life insurance, stating that the spouse is a beneficiary? Will it work as a proof?

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi, some more questions. What works as a proof of relationships/living together? We don't have much from the list they suggest. My ideas are:
1. Joint chequing account. Questions are: do they need only the printout with our names on it or they need a history on that account? Also, does it matter if there are any money on that account or not?
2. Could I as a second document submit sponsor's life insurance, stating that the spouse is a beneficiary? Will it work as a proof?
(1) Yes, more banking information, the better. And put at least some money in the account so that the CIC knows it's being used rather than being a dummy dormant account. Maybe at least a couple hundred bucks will do.

(2) Yes, you could do that too! Put in insurances that you're a dependent of the spouse.

(3) if you have phone bills maybe contact the service provider, tell them to put both your names under one account.

Reactions: Together

gellyvezina

Jul 8, 2012
Quebec
App. Filed.......
December 14,2017
Hello Guys.. I Linked my Application Online :) My mistake was the city/town of birth I didnt put a coma I just put " San Mateo Rizal" so last night i tried putting the coma "San Mateo,Rizal" (like what i put exactly on my forms) and it was a succes!
TIP: Look at your Generic form and put what exactly you wrote in there :)
and
QUESTION: Now that i link my application theyre asking for police certificates. I know i have to scan and upload it online but.. Will i need a Hard Copy of Police clearance for the future processing of the PR and OWP Application?

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hello Guys.. I Linked my Application Online :) My mistake was the city/town of birth I didnt put a coma I just put " San Mateo Rizal" so last night i tried putting the coma "San Mateo,Rizal" (like what i put exactly on my forms) and it was a succes!
TIP: Look at your Generic form and put what exactly you wrote in there :)
and
QUESTION: Now that i link my application theyre asking for police certificates. I know i have to scan and upload it online but.. Will i need a Hard Copy of Police clearance for the future processing of the PR and OWP Application?
I think it depends if they ask for the hard copy. Just keep it at hand in case they request for it. I submitted my hard copy along with the app back in December. So far, they haven’t requested any police certificates from me yet.

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
Hi there

Just submitted our in land spousal application with OPW and just today they received it. Im just puzzeled right now because my visitor visa will expire this month feb 17.. though i belong to implied status but what if there is a problem with my application and they will return my application do you think the implied status will no longer applied?

Is it safe to apply for extension of my visitor visa now?

Would appreciate any help from you guys.
Thanks much in advance

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi there

Just submitted our in land spousal application with OPW and just today they received it. Im just puzzeled right now because my visitor visa will expire this month feb 17.. though i belong to implied status but what if there is a problem with my application and they will return my application do you think the implied status will no longer applied?

Is it safe to apply for extension of my visitor visa now?

Would appreciate any help from you guys.
Thanks much in advance
You should apply for an extension immediately. In case your application for PR & OWP gets returned, you will be out of status.

Moreover, the PR application doesn't give you the implied status. Only the OWP gives you that. I also read somewhere in other forums that to be able to be granted OWP, you need to have a valid status. If not, you will only be given an OWP after AIP (approval in principle) which comes lates in the process (about 2 months before PR landing)

The extension is also for assurance that you have a status here in Canada.

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
You should apply for an extension immediately. In case your application for PR & OWP gets returned, you will be out of status.

Moreover, the PR application doesn't give you the implied status. Only the OWP gives you that. I also read somewhere in other forums that to be able to be granted OWP, you need to have a valid status. If not, you will only be given an OWP after AIP (approval in principle) which comes lates in the process (about 2 months before PR landing)

The extension is also for assurance that you have a status here in Canada.
Thanks for advice it really helps.
I will send my application next by week. Are u frm PH?

Thanks again.

Rochorange

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Do we have to submit original birth or baptismal certificate or just copy ? Please let me know. My spouse has only a copy of birth certificate and not the original. Please help.