+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
i was able to link my OWP on my gckey account. It has a different application number though.
you can try linking yours :)

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!
For OWP applications sent with inland sponsorship, I think you should pick : "applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common law partner in Canada" though!?

canada1405

Feb 1, 2018
What year of Notice of Assessment did you send?

I sent my in-land spousal sponsorship application on January 30, 2018. CIC office received my application on January 31, 2018.

I only sent 2016 Notice of Assessment.

How many tax years do we need to include?

Do we need to send 2017 Notice of Assessment later?

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
What year of Notice of Assessment did you send?

I sent my in-land spousal sponsorship application on January 30, 2018. CIC office received my application on January 31, 2018.

I only sent 2016 Notice of Assessment.

How many tax years do we need to include?

Do we need to send 2017 Notice of Assessment later?
I don't think they'll ask you to send another notice of assessment!

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I will be sending in my application this week. My only question on the application to sponsor form that my sponsor have to fill it ask for Co signer. We don' have a cosigner so do we just put not applicable?

Rnewart

Feb 4, 2018
Hello all, I'm US-born male and currently live in the states, my husband is Canadian and we got married in the states, he has lived here in the states with me for around 2 years he has his green card and all the proper documents for him to be here.
So here is hypothetical question, if we decide to move to Canada what would I have to do to get my permanent residency in Canada?

missancheta

Oct 13, 2017
Hey guys!

Did anyone have issues validating forms that require barcodes? I have the newest version of Adobe Reader. Tried everything and still can't get barcodes to show up! Everything is already filled out and ready to go!

Need to turn in paperwork this week! SO frustrated!

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hey guys!

Did anyone have issues validating forms that require barcodes? I have the newest version of Adobe Reader. Tried everything and still can't get barcodes to show up! Everything is already filled out and ready to go!

Which form?? Because the schedule A form doesn't generate barcodes if that's the one you're working on

aham1991

Nov 2, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
02-11-2017
AOR Received.
29-12-2017
Hello all, I'm US-born male and currently live in the states, my husband is Canadian and we got married in the states, he has lived here in the states with me for around 2 years he has his green card and all the proper documents for him to be here.
So here is hypothetical question, if we decide to move to Canada what would I have to do to get my permanent residency in Canada?
Hi you can choose for your husband to sponsor you in Canada or outside canada.

Like everyone in this forum, you and your sponsor(husband) need to live in canada to apply in canada spousal sponsorship. The perks is that you the principal applicant can apply for Open work permit while the PR application in process.
You can come with visitor visa first and then apply the Permanent resident with open work permit.

I don’t know much abt outland(outside canada sponsorship) but I think your husband need to prove that he intend to come back to live canada and will have a job/ have a job offer in Canada.
You can do outland application even if you’re currently living in canada but when they ask for interview you need to come back to the US.

I recommend to read this and the basic guide:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children.html

Please jump in if I’m wrong guys!!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
How do you add the info with your profile and the flag in your profile picture? I just joined today and I find reading the forums very helpful. I (Appliciant / Sponsor) sent in the applications and it was recieved on Dec. 27th. We're anxiously waiting to hear from IRCC. Will they email both of us or snail mail or ? I tried setting up online account to link the applications but it won't go through. Appreciate your advises. Thank you.

Can_loves_Aus

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey guys!

We initially had issues with the barcodes printing when we were printing from a MAC computer. Then we tried printing from a WINDOWS computer (non-mac) and it worked fine!

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
I followed exactly your instructions were, but it always ends up not finding my application. I have a feeling they must've typed in my wife's name wrong as many people do that. hmm? It's frustrating having to wait and not hear anything from IRCC / CIC.

i was able to link my OWP on my gckey account. It has a different application number though.
you can try linking yours :)

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Work Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) In Details of intended work in Canada info, Select Open (initial application or extension) for What type of work permit are you applying for?
(10) Select applicant's Current country of residence (For example, if your spouse currently living in India, Please select India)
(11) Select Current marital Status
(12) Next select Spouse or common-low partner of a skilled worker if Applicant's Spouse on Open Work Permit or PGWP in Canada Or Select Spouse or common-low partner of a foreign student if Applicant's Spouse on Study permit
(13) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(14) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(15) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I hope this information will help you...!!!

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
I followed exactly your instructions were, but it always ends up not finding my application. I have a feeling they must've typed in my wife's name wrong as many people do that. hmm? It's frustrating having to wait and not hear anything from IRCC / CIC.
Are you able to link the application without an AOR? I thought only after you receive the email.

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Are you able to link the application without an AOR? I thought only after you receive the email.
I haven't gotten email at all, but I did get text from them that they received the package and will let me know when it's processed. They received the apps on Dec. 27th, 2017.