+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

MimiLeo

Feb 3, 2018
Here’s my current status:

Sent my wife’s PR application w/ open work permit application on Jan 31 2018 received my cic mail room feb 1st.

I just got off phone with CIC as I haven’t heard anything from them he said the application has been returned on Feb 28 in the mail because it’s incomplete.

So now my wife’s current post graduate work permit is expiring next month Apr 16. The agent said they have updated some of the forms and to resubmit with those.

Anyone know if my wife will still get implied status when we re send the application? We are very concerned
Hi i just want to ask how much did you pay for your open work permit to cic thank you

MimiLeo

Feb 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I think I made a critical mistake on my Schedule A.
Just realized it yesterday and I am so worried right now.

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or
permanent resident visa (including a
Certificat desélection du Québec
(CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary
resident visa, to Canada or any other country

I accidentally ticked the No box, instead of the yes.

I actually forgot that I was refused TRV visa before cause after that refusal I reapplied right away and get approved and got my Multiple entry visa.

What to do? We already sent my schedule A to the CIC like 2weeks ago.
Is this serious? Anyone who experience same mistake like this? Pls help. I am so worried right now.
Hi out of topic i just wanna ask how much did you pay for the processing of your csq and undetaking in midi thank you

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Just one last question if you dont mind answering. Is the OWP expiration based on your passport expiry date? Or its in general 2 years from the date of issue?
Yes OWP depends on passport expiry date..if you have passport for 10 years then u can get OWP for 3 years

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone,

I think I made a critical mistake on my Schedule A.
Just realized it yesterday and I am so worried right now.

d) been refused refugee status, an immigrant or
permanent resident visa (including a
Certificat desélection du Québec
(CSQ) or application to the
Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary
resident visa, to Canada or any other country

I accidentally ticked the No box, instead of the yes.

I actually forgot that I was refused TRV visa before cause after that refusal I reapplied right away and get approved and got my Multiple entry visa.

What to do? We already sent my schedule A to the CIC like 2weeks ago.
Is this serious? Anyone who experience same mistake like this? Pls help. I am so worried right now.
Give a call to cic or check ircc webform

abdz

Jan 12, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Hi Guys!
I am Wajahat and I have applied Inland PR Application under Spouse category, I received an email to link my Application to my CIC account I am having difficulty with that I have already tried like 8 times in last 2 days, can anyone help me with that any suggestion or advice regarding my problem.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Check this thread, you would see the instructions on how to link the account online.

Cath289

Sep 29, 2014
I got the AOR for my application to sponsor my common-law partner yesterday (yay)! We submitted it on Feb 15 via purolator, received in Ontario on the 16.

I was wondering (and would really appreciate advice on the following):
  1. How long until we can link the PR application to his online account because when my partner (the applicant) tries it says there is nothing to link (I am thinking 2 days but wasn't sure)
  2. The AOR noted that the date the application was received was Feb 16th - when waiting for the OPW and the PR applications to be processed should I be counting from the date the AOR was received OR the date listed on the AOR which is Feb 16th.
  3. My partner's current work-permit runs out on April 26th - if he has not gotten his OWP at that time could he take an unpaid leave of absence from his job in order to comply to the rule that he cannot work in Canada, or must he formally quit his job?

Thank you so much for any help!!

Cath289

Sep 29, 2014
Hello guys,

Application sent with new checklist but old Family form, will it be returned back ?
I know they were allowing a grace period to receive some of the old forms - the issue could be the fact that you mixed old with new and so they don't align, it may be sent back!

th3.rdx

Jul 2, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my file today with owp inland .. fingers crossed

Reactions: roysk