+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

newquebecors

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,
Quebec Oct 2018 inland applicant. still in the eligibility review/background check.
Was wondering is that normal? According to IRCC, the application should be done in 12 months? Am I right?

cosmicL

May 25, 2018
Hi All,
Quebec Oct 2018 inland applicant. still in the eligibility review/background check.
Was wondering is that normal? According to IRCC, the application should be done in 12 months? Am I right?
I've applied on April 2018 and background check is in process since December 2018. In short, yes, unfortunately it is normal to take longer than 12 months (especially for Quebec applicants).

newquebecors

Nov 4, 2019
I've applied on April 2018 and background check is in process since December 2018. In short, yes, unfortunately it is normal to take longer than 12 months (especially for Quebec applicants).
Thanks for reply.
Do you know how long it takes for IRCC to process the application right now?

cosmicL

May 25, 2018
Thanks for reply.
Do you know how long it takes for IRCC to process the application right now?
It depends on the province/complexity of the case. I guess the average processing time it's still around 12 months, but for Quebec applicants, it is not uncommon to take a bit more than that. I don't have the precise data of how much more though.

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Do you guys say that it’s still in background check process because what you see on your gckey, or you really called them and they said that? Coz that status on gckey wont change, not even when you receive your PR card

Reactions: MinMin13

elaybanville

Aug 14, 2019
Hi all,
@elaybanville may i know your timeline . Im waiting CSQ from 15 july , my background check started in June , now have not received medical exam, i worry my case.
Hey @unin_vn here's my timeline

April 9th: PR application sent
May 22nd: AOR
June 14th: CSQ requested
June 28th: CSQ payment recieved
Mid-august: BGC started
September 18th: OWP
October 18th: CSQ accepted
October 24th: CSQ in the mail

I don't have medical request yet

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I am a Dec 2018 Applicant. I got my CSQ in March. Since then radio silence until Mid October for Medical. And silence again !!!
Damn, i can't believe it took 7 month to get your medical. Wish you best of luck. You are almost at the end :) Got CSQ in Aug and still waiting on that medical