+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Good to hear that!
How about your federal side? Did they start your background check? I did my medical exam in August, but no news after...
No, you won’t see your background check started on Ecas, only on your gckey.
About your medical exam, it will show on your Ecas only that the medical results have been received, but only on gckey it will say it’s passed.

Reactions: Bhsh

Bhsh

May 10, 2018
I didn't know you could get medicals before receiving your CSQ that surprises me!
My Background check started in August, I haven't been requested any other additional documents so far.
When I received the letter, I was surprised too!
But it seems there are no specific order for BG check and medical exam because I did not receive any news regarding BGC.
Did they notify you regarding the background check start? This is my question.
I also still cannot link my application to my IRCC account. :/

Bhsh

May 10, 2018
No, you won’t see your background check started on Ecas, only on your gckey.
About your medical exam, it will show on your Ecas only that the medical results have been received, but only on gckey it will say it’s passed.
Ok, thanks for clarifications.
I do not know why I still cannot connect it to my IRCC. Probably there is a technical issue.

Reactions: rstuckert

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ok, thanks for clarifications.
I do not know why I still cannot connect it to my IRCC. Probably there is a technical issue.
To link it ,there is a question that ask you if there are one or more applicants , you have to put 2 instead of one , because it's you and the sponsor

elaybanville

Aug 14, 2019
Good to hear that!
How about your federal side? Did they start your background check? I did my medical exam in August, but no news after...
I didn't know you could do medical before having your CSQ that surprises me.
My background check has started for a while now but I haven't done my medical exam
When I received the letter, I was surprised too!
But it seems there are no specific order for BG check and medical exam because I did not receive any news regarding BGC.
Did they notify you regarding the background check start? This is my question.
I also still cannot link my application to my IRCC account. :/
I didn't get notify for my BGC, so if you cannot connect to your GCkey, maybe it has started already without you knowing.

Also for connecting to your GCkey, I know for me the big mistake was writing there was 2 people involved in the application (like in the papers we had to send) but for linking it it is only 1. Hope this helps!

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Good to hear that!
Can you share your timeline? I received the csq in August and still no sign of any medical request yet. A lot of applicants are still hanging after receiving their CSQ

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Reactions: brswng

Bhsh

May 10, 2018
Can you share your timeline? I received the csq in August and still no sign of any medical request yet. A lot of applicants are still hanging after receiving their CSQ
Check my signature.

I still do not have news about my CSQ. They withdrew money on the 3rd of July and a letter confirms the receipt of my application. But it is more than 4 months for my CSQ. :/

unin_vn

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
I didn't know you could get medicals before receiving your CSQ that surprises me!
My Background check started in August, I haven't been requested any other additional documents so far
Hi all,
@elaybanville may i know your timeline . Im waiting CSQ from 15 july , my background check started in June , now have not received medical exam, i worry my case.