+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I just received the request letter from them today. They asked me to provided the documents that I did provide before, like my baby's birth certificate, proof of relationship =.= anw, no choice.

pratik199

Jan 21, 2019
Landed :)
The "interview" took about 5 minutes, very relaxed, as others mentioned.
Congratulations!

I am logging in after a longtime. Just a question, Your timeline and mine is almost identical, only difference is you received your medical request month earlier then me. I am still waiting to hear back from them ever since...did you receive anything after medical was approved, or send/requested from them?
Thanks!

danielt

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Congratulations!

I am logging in after a longtime. Just a question, Your timeline and mine is almost identical, only difference is you received your medical request month earlier then me. I am still waiting to hear back from them ever since...did you receive anything after medical was approved, or send/requested from them?
Thanks!
Thanks!

My pleasure to help, no worries.
What happened for me is that I was in the same place as you (everything dead quiet for months) so I requested the ATIP.

In my ATIP I notice that I had "invitation to pre-arrival services" issued and then cancelled.

I sent them a webform mentioning it, and things started moving the week after that, coincidence or not.

Last edited:

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Thanks!

My pleasure to help, no worries.
What happened for me is that I was in the same place as you (everything dead quiet for months) so I requested the ATIP.

In my ATIP I notice that I had "invitation to pre-arrival services" issued and then cancelled, replaced by the medical request.

(So basically: looks like the agent was ready to finish my application, but the medical request was still missing since for some reason they don't ask it in the beginning of the process, for QC applicants...)

I wanted to send a webform to try to get them to move, and I realized I could use what I learned in the ATIP.

I used some weasel language in my webform request, something like "Dear officer, I realize that my application is still within the estimated time frame. However, I saw in my ATIP that I was issued the invitation to pre-arrival services, and I never received it. Can you please verify what happened?"

All I said was true, but of course, I actually knew why I never received it (it was cancelled since the medical was still missing).

I'm not sure if my webform helped or not, but it might have. Things started moving the week after that, coincidence or not.
Heyy, I also have the pre arrivals services cancelled in my gcms notes, but it has nothing to do with my medicals, since it was way after I passed this.

The last thing that happened to my app was a note on the 29 March saying “Quebec file - ready for finalization”

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for inland spouse application (Quebec) on last December on 2018, I got email from IRCC to apply for CSQ in February. And I got my CSQ in March 2019. But since then I have not heard anything from IRCC. I have check my GCMC notes. It shows my file was transferred in Vancouver. But no update it almost untouched. Any idea what should I do in this case?

I have also applied for Open Work Permit but I have not got it yet. I guess I have to wait until I get AIP (as I was out of status).
1) have you called them to ask what is going on? You should have at least received the medical request... this is the phone number ‭+1 (888) 242-2100‬.

2) since you were out of status, unfortunately you will have to wait AIP indeed.

cduanra

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Heyy, I also have the pre arrivals services cancelled in my gcms notes, but it has nothing to do with my medicals, since it was way after I passed this.

The last thing that happened to my app was a note on the 29 March saying “Quebec file - ready for finalization”
I have the same situation as yours. My gcms notes show that the pre arrivals services were cancelled, my medicals, AIP and SA were already passed. Since june I was told that my file is waiting for the final decision, until now I have no update