+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only - timelines

danielt

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Eugh that's so depressing to hear! My partner is going to call IRCC this week again and just ask what's up. Given we've seen other from Mtl office getting their interviews fast, it makes no sense why the wait is so long. We always have had good interactions calling IRCC tbh, they've always been super helpful with us, so my partner prefers to call than just wait it out if that makes sense. Anyway, I guess we will talk mid October :p
Do let me know if your partner manages to speed things up :D
It might convince me to try :p

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I saw someone from Montreal that applied last february and already got her PR Card. This entire process makes no fucking sense.
This could be me, I applied in Feb 2019, and I'm just waiting for my interview to get the PR card. I just joined this 2018 thread as my timeline matched up better with those from the end of last year as opposed to 2019 applicants.

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
This could be me, I applied in Feb 2019, and I'm just waiting for my interview to get the PR card. I just joined this 2018 thread as my timeline matched up better with those from the end of last year as opposed to 2019 applicants.
Nah, the person already landed and even received the PR Card. But still makes no sense. You might have the same officer

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Btw did you get DM?

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Btw did you get DM?
Ah ok then.
Yeah our timelines would be very similar then. I got DM sep 5 on ECAS, then landing letter sep 16th and just waiting for landing interview. No idea why this part of the process seems to be taking so long when it should be the fastest part!

rstuckert

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ah ok then.
Yeah our timelines would be very similar then. I got DM sep 5 on ECAS, then landing letter sep 16th and just waiting for landing interview. No idea why this part of the process seems to be taking so long when it should be the fastest part!
Taking long? Lol you applied in February! My app is done since May and I get no news since then... this is taking long!

Sep 24, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have applied for inland spouse application (Quebec) on last December on 2018, I got email from IRCC to apply for CSQ in February. And I got my CSQ in March 2019. But since then I have not heard anything from IRCC. I have check my GCMC notes. It shows my file was transferred in Vancouver. But no update it almost untouched. Any idea what should I do in this case?

I have also applied for Open Work Permit but I have not got it yet. I guess I have to wait until I get AIP (as I was out of status).

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Taking long? Lol you applied in February! My app is done since May and I get no news since then... this is taking long!
As in you have DM on both sides since May? If that's the case, you should definitely have called them up to ask what's going on.
I've been told on other threads that some applications just move faster than others, it's how it goes. I am allowed to think that part of my process is taking a while, even if others have waited longer, or shorter, there is no need to be condescending.

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Do let me know if your partner manages to speed things up :D
It might convince me to try :p
I totally forgot to tell you. We called them up last Thursday and they told us the local immigration office has up to 8 weeks to invite us to land after we receive the landing letter... But they also said it is usually within a month. Sorry I didn't have better news for you!

At first they said we didn't need the invitation letter, we could just go walk in with the landing letter, but I made my partner call back and check, because I was 99% sure they made that up lol. You can't fyi haha. Need that invitation letter.

Reactions: danielt

danielt

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
I totally forgot to tell you. We called them up last Thursday and they told us the local immigration office has up to 8 weeks to invite us to land after we receive the landing letter... But they also said it is usually within a month. Sorry I didn't have better news for you!

At first they said we didn't need the invitation letter, we could just go walk in with the landing letter, but I made my partner call back and check, because I was 99% sure they made that up lol. You can't fyi haha. Need that invitation letter.
No worries :)

At least now we know there is an 8 weeks limit on the delay. Given how odd this entire process flows, that's actually comforting, a bit, haha.

We will be celebrating soon =)

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
No worries :)

At least now we know there is an 8 weeks limit on the delay. Given how odd this entire process flows, that's actually comforting, a bit, haha.

We will be celebrating soon =)
Haha I feel you! It is a comfort knowing any information. I've had the champagne in the fridge for 3 weeks now waiting to open it... :p

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I just got the invitation letter! :D
Will go there this Saturday.
OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY. I haven't got anything yet but I'm super happy for you!!! That's so exciting, I hope I get mine soon then too.
It's funny how excited I can be for something good happening to someone I've never met before!
Was it an email?

danielt

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
OH MY GOSH CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYY. I haven't got anything yet but I'm super happy for you!!! That's so exciting, I hope I get mine soon then too.
It's funny how excited I can be for something good happening to someone I've never met before!
Was it an email?
Thank youuu :)
Yes, an email.
They sent it to sponsor and PA.

Reactions: corincan