+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
We had applied for Work permit first and then for PNP paper based PR. got the AOR for the PR application in April 2018.
We did our medicals for Work permit which got carried forward for our PR application.
Am sure you will get your MR very soon, all the best!
Cheers!
thank you for the clarification, hope everything goes well !!

b-pyl

Dec 2, 2017
Hi Friends,
I am an inland PNP paper based pr applicant. Submitted my application in January 2018. My dependent still living in India. My question is 1. Do I receive two separate passport request for myself and my dependent?
2. How do I submit my dependent’s passport? And where?
Anyone please help.
Thanks in advance.

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Hi Friends,
I am an inland PNP paper based pr applicant. Submitted my application in January 2018. My dependent still living in India. My question is 1. Do I receive two separate passport request for myself and my dependent?
2. How do I submit my dependent’s passport? And where?
Anyone please help.
Thanks in advance.
I think you'd better write down your application timeline(like what I did here), and let people know current application status. so people who know about it can tell you more accurately

KingTech

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
We had applied for Work permit first and then for PNP paper based PR. got the AOR for the PR application in April 2018.
We did our medicals for Work permit which got carried forward for our PR application.
Am sure you will get your MR very soon, all the best!
Cheers!
I did medicals for work permit too, but someone told me I have to do another medical test for PR.

It's a good news when hearing from you that the medial results have been made when applying for a work permit can be carried forward for PR application (as long as the medical results still be valid).

Thank you

Reactions: write2rtd

singh0377

Nov 2, 2017
are you sure that meaning of due date is they will issue the MR before that day. because mine is also after one year and it seems pretty standard for everyone. mine is exactly after one year too..
I believe we won't get medicals before this date because i saw last year march April applicants got medical requests after a year and got their ppr in october 2018 so i guess we all should expect our medicals after a year too good luck to everyone for this longest(19 months) journey ever :/

lazyguy

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Thank you so much for the help i applied, another question how long it takes to receive these notes?
The CIC website says it takes 30 days to send out the notes, which has been the case twice for me, although I have come across some cases where it has taken people longer to get these notes.

singh0377

Nov 2, 2017
The CIC website says it takes 30 days to send out the notes, which has been the case twice for me, although I have come across some cases where it has taken people longer to get these notes.
ok thank you for the useful information :) appreciate ur help!

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
I believe we won't get medicals before this date because i saw last year march April applicants got medical requests after a year and got their ppr in october 2018 so i guess we all should expect our medicals after a year too good luck to everyone for this longest(19 months) journey ever :/
dont know man. one of my.friend applied in march 2017. medicals.march 2018 and all.done july.2018..hoping wont go longer than 16 months.

Reactions: summer2018-sep

mouhannadhajj

Apr 19, 2018
Hi guys,
I hope someone could help me with my case. After receiving the nomination letter from SINP OID. I prepared the paper based immigration application and sent it through DHL to the CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia. (Delivered and signed by a Jamie on 9th Aug 2018). Note: Application fees fully paid as well. Up to date nearly 3 months, still no AOR has been received in my email(checked all folders). There doesn't seem to be any was to reach the CIO too to check the status. I've seen many people that sent their apps around the same period, state that they've already received the AOR. Can someone advice on what to do?

Regards,
Mouhannad

nylistener

Jun 12, 2015
Hi guys,
I hope someone could help me with my case. After receiving the nomination letter from SINP OID. I prepared the paper based immigration application and sent it through DHL to the CIO in Sydney, Nova Scotia. (Delivered and signed by a Jamie on 9th Aug 2018). Note: Application fees fully paid as well. Up to date nearly 3 months, still no AOR has been received in my email(checked all folders). There doesn't seem to be any was to reach the CIO too to check the status. I've seen many people that sent their apps around the same period, state that they've already received the AOR. Can someone advice on what to do?

Regards,
Mouhannad
The AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) is only provided when your documents have been assessed for completeness. Most refer to this process as just "AOR" but there is a lot more done by CIO officers to ensure the documents meet a complete application.

My colleague got her documents returned after 67 days due to missing signatures. They were kind to place a "sign here" mark on required missing pages. Its up to each person who receives your documents to make that decision. Some would just decline the application while others need more time. The wait is time consuming but when your do receive the confirmation and order GCMS notes if you decide, you will get to see how complex the web really is prior to AOR. Your documents are already being decided upon which offices are primary and secondary and the main officer who will be assigned to your case from start to end. The reasons for delay are endless, in short stay positive keep your mind off the application for now to have some peace of mind. Thanks