+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

singh0377

Nov 2, 2017
Well there is someone from 2017 with this timeline. Be positive lol...
Category........: PNP
Visa Office......: SYDNEY, NS
App. Filed.......: January 09,2017
AOR Received.: March 06,2017
Med's Request: February 13,2018
Passport Req..: April 12, 2018
Landed..............May 03,2018
ahaha right lets hope for the best

jas_dhillon90

Jan 23, 2014
i dont know either but what i observed from last year's forum most of the medicals were issued after december cz i didnt see much medicals issued in these two months in 2017 forums.
just read finally. it will start slowly in jan but rains iwill be in feb. to be honest we are one month ahead because til feb apps recievd they MRs are mostly done. we can only wait sit tight and enjoy canada :)

lucamayman

Apr 20, 2017
You can only predict when to receive MR or PPR based on people submitting their file one month before you. Why try to estimate a time for the future, then get nothing? People from January 2018 got their processing blazing fast like Express Entry, but I bet it's gonna stop now until people in December 2017 got their PPR. The way CIC works is based on quotas. You cannot get PPR if people before you have not. So in the end, it is still the same 20 months for everybody (except complicated files), no matter you get MR later near the end or you do it up front. Things like processing will pick up because of allocating more staffs or slow down because of taking vacation are bull.

sneakerfan

Oct 9, 2018
You can only predict when to receive MR or PPR based on people submitting their file one month before you. Why try to estimate a time for the future, then get nothing? People from January 2018 got their processing blazing fast like Express Entry, but I bet it's gonna stop now until people in December 2017 got their PPR. The way CIC works is based on quotas. You cannot get PPR if people before you have not. So in the end, it is still the same 20 months for everybody (except complicated files), no matter you get MR later near the end or you do it up front. Things like processing will pick up because of allocating more staffs or slow down because of taking vacation are bull.
I agree with you. At the same time though, one of my friends landed in one year (in 2018) after submitting to the federal processing center.

maplegoal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-10-2017
Doc's Request.
10-10-2017
Nomination.....
20-11-2017
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
Hi, may I ask if you need to wait for your approved work permit prior submission of PR application? I received MPNP nomination and temporary work permit last Oct. 5 and my employer is already working on my permit. Thank you.
Okay first you only received a nomination and a work permit support letter (thats not a work permit), right? Because you claimed that you or your employer are still working on the WP. Also, the WP has to be applied by you. And your employer has to give you the approved LMIA or the LMIA exempt payment confirmation for the WP application. Every province has different requirements, you might wanna try reading the procedures/guidelines on MPNP on their website and dont rely so much on comments. If you have help from your employer on the application, you ask them on the step by step because im guessing you are under "Employer support PNP nomination".

On my case, I applied my PR before my WP but that's me and i followed every single instruction on the Federal & Provincial guidelines provided on the official website.

Good luck!

karthi1984.tnj

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Alberta
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
18-12-2017
AOR Received.
10-02-2018
AINP INLAND PAPER BASED December 2017 Applicant

How long it will take to get passport call for PNP PR

applicants after medical has been done

File Received: December 18, 2017
AOR: February 10, 2018
Pre-Arrival Service Letter: May 19, 2018
Medical Request: May 23, 2018
Medical Passed: June 7, 2018
Waiting for PP request

Reactions: devang07

maan.amber

Nov 12, 2018
Hii everyone sharing my time line
Paper based PR outside canada
How much more time should I expect for PPR plz reply ....

Category........: MPNP
Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: January 2018
AOR Received.: Feb 2018
Med's Request: Oct 2018
Med received: Oct 2018
Waiting for ppr......

Last edited:
Reactions: leolea

Ann_7

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Hii everyone sharing my time line
Paper based PR outside canada
How much more time should I expect for PPR plz reply ....

Category........: MPNP
Visa Office......: London
App. Filed.......: January 2018
AOR Received.: Feb 2018
Med's Request: Oct 2018
Med received: Oct 2018
Waiting for ppr......
Hi maan.amber, when did you receive the file transfer? Did you receive a pre-arrival email before your medical request? Your processing for outland is super fast! Congrats.

maan.amber

Nov 12, 2018
Hi maan.amber, when did you receive the file transfer? Did you receive a pre-arrival email before your medical request? Your processing for outland is super fast! Congrats.

Brother they took 13 mnths to approve my MPNP so for me its already 2 years in process of PR and still waiting .....