+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Bpolen

Feb 16, 2018
Hello guys,
AOR February 16, 2018
MP June 4, 2019
I got pre-arrival letter on September 12, 2019
VO-Sydney, NS

Is it good sign to get pre-arrival?
Can't see the status of my application on ECAS anymore. Why is it so?

Thank you

Reactions: LiliChung

LiliChung

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hello guys,
AOR February 16, 2018
MP June 4, 2019
I got pre-arrival letter on September 12, 2019
VO-Sydney, NS

Is it good sign to get pre-arrival?
Can't see the status of my application on ECAS anymore. Why is it so?

Thank you
Means that you pass the eligibility. Good sign buddy

Reactions: Bpolen

veravera

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hi guys.
Please help.
Did someone send passport to cic with ups with returning service?

I am asking because I send mine for visa extension 2,5 weeks ago and I didn’t get it back. And it was not sent back.
And I don’t know if I should ask them (ups) to pick up or UPS will do it everyday?
Or cic lost it??

Any advice.

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
what is current trend for getting pre approval and ppr after medical pass for 2019 applicant.
For 2018 I saw many people getting PPR within one month of the Medical Pass

Good_Will

Aug 22, 2019
Dear *****

Thank you for your correspondence of August 26, 2019, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, regarding applications for permanent residence processed at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offices in Canada.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Unfortunately, due to the lack of specific information contained in your correspondence (immigration stream, program, category, processing office), I am unable to provide you with detailed information about processing times. However, I can provide you with the following general information.

IRCC understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

The processing times listed on IRCC’s Website are published to give applicants a general idea of how long an application process may take. These times are estimates based on how long the Department expects most applications to take under normal circumstances if they apply today. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements, which include eligibility requirements and admissibility (medical, criminality, and security) clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians, and must be satisfied before a permanent resident visa can be issued.

In this respect, IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which the Department has no control.

In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

If clients have questions regarding their application(s), they may submit their questions through IRCC’s Web form. The Web Form allows clients to submit questions, comments, compliments, and complaints about departmental services through a single, centralized portal.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

Reactions: Jenn20

Good_Will

Aug 22, 2019
Hello Guys,

I received this reply from the minister. Nothing useful for the people that are waiting.

Good luck everyone :) God bless you and the Canadian system!

jaseenaliottawa

Jun 23, 2019
LANDED..........
April 5 2022
Guys I did my landing on 10 sep, I got Pr under pnp Ontario foreign worker stream. As I get my PR I can quit my job??
Experts please advise?
I don’t want to change the province but want to change my employer, can I do that right away or should wait for some time?
You can change your employer because you dont need a work permit anymore but I would suggest staying in ontario because you are morally obliged to live there , also when you will apply for citizenship it will be smoother , Good luck and have a happy journey.

Last edited:

Happy s

Jul 18, 2019
Hello Guys,

I received this reply from the minister. Nothing useful for the people that are waiting.

Good luck everyone :) God bless you and the Canadian system!
Did you send any email or online form? I think if we start sending all then these higher officials understand this issue.

Good_Will

Aug 22, 2019
Did you send any email or online form? I think if we start sending all then these higher officials understand this issue.
Hi,
I sent a LONG email to the minister explaining a lot of your guy's issues and ask him to check this forum so he can feel the pain of future Canadians. And, looks like "THEY DO NOT CARE"