+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 January applicants for PR (paper-based)

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
September 2018
So you got your AOR in May and you added your spouse in September. You will get your medical soon. May be its just because you added your spouse and they need to process two people instead of one. Taking their time to process. But you will receive your medical and ppr near to your completion date. I am on the same page as you but I got AOR on March 09, 2019 and added my spouse on May 1, 2019. I am waiting for medical too as everyone got the medical who got their AOR before me and even after me. I think those who added their spouse in their file, the processing time take longer for them. So let's hope but you will get yours soon !!! GOOD LUCK!!

Happy s

Jul 18, 2019
So you got your AOR in May and you added your spouse in September. You will get your medical soon. May be its just because you added your spouse and they need to process two people instead of one. Taking their time to process. But you will receive your medical and ppr near to your completion date. I am on the same page as you but I got AOR on March 09, 2019 and added my spouse on May 1, 2019. I am waiting for medical too as everyone got the medical who got their AOR before me and even after me. I think those who added their spouse in their file, the processing time take longer for them. So let's hope but you will get yours soon !!! GOOD LUCK!!
Yes hope so
But i got my gcms notes day after yesterday and they didn’t started eligibility and security yet and criminality in progress Any idea how this process works.

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Yes hope so
But i got my gcms notes day after yesterday and they didn’t started eligibility and security yet and criminality in progress Any idea how this process works.
Then in your case, it looks like they didn't even touch your file. I will suggest that go to an MP and inquire through MP about your file. It may help you in processing. Because it has been 16 months already from the date you received AOR and you should get medical at least between 3 to 12 months. But you got nothing. So you need to inquire about your file through MP.

Happy s

Jul 18, 2019
Then in your case, it looks like they didn't even touch your file. I will suggest that go to an MP and inquire through MP about your file. It may help you in processing. Because it has been 16 months already from the date you received AOR and you should get medical at least between 3 to 12 months. But you got nothing. So you need to inquire about your file through MP.
I was waiting for 18 months over because if we inquire now, they will simply reply it that you are under the processing time.

Happy s

Jul 18, 2019
Do you know about your file. What they started or not started yet.

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Do you know about your file. What they started or not started yet.
They started processing my file on March 09, 2019 after that I changed my address and requested them to update and it shows updated on September 09, 2019. But all under is still under processing. So I am confused too but I have passed 6 months from AOR so I have to wait until 10 to 12 months. If I will not receive the medical then I will call cic. I am not sure why they are sending the file to Calgary visa office because my friend was the single applicant and her file was sent to Calgary too and it tooks total 26 + months to get her ppr.

Happy s

Jul 18, 2019
They started processing my file on March 09, 2019 after that I changed my address and requested them to update and it shows updated on September 09, 2019. But all under is still under processing. So I am confused too but I have passed 6 months from AOR so I have to wait until 10 to 12 months. If I will not receive the medical then I will call cic. I am not sure why they are sending the file to Calgary visa office because my friend was the single applicant and her file was sent to Calgary too and it tooks total 26 + months to get her ppr.
Then its better to visit mp and request to inquire file.

Nav3077

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
Then its better to visit mp and request to inquire file.
Yes because someone commented on the page before that his friend add spouse too and it has been over 21 months he/she didn't get anything and when he/she called cic they said that the file becomes complex after adding spouse which is stupid answer. I think it all depends on the visa officer and the visa office. I hope you, me and all others who added their spouse should get their pr in the time frame they told which is 19 months but still no one knows how they work on the file. YOU SHOULD VISIT MP AND INQUIRE. It will help, at least you will get an answer.

Vikaskhatri786

Jul 10, 2019
Guys I did my landing on 10 sep, I got Pr under pnp Ontario foreign worker stream. As I get my PR I can quit my job??
Experts please advise?
I don’t want to change the province but want to change my employer, can I do that right away or should wait for some time?

LiliChung

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Guys I did my landing on 10 sep, I got Pr under pnp Ontario foreign worker stream. As I get my PR I can quit my job??
Experts please advise?
I don’t want to change the province but want to change my employer, can I do that right away or should wait for some time?
You are free now. Go quit your job :)