+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
I used Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth. As mentioned before, what's tricky is the "Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application". At first, I thought it would be as question 3 under Application Details on IMM-0008, which is "1" in our case. But, it worked with "3" instead, which I guess is sponsor + co-signer + principal applicant. So, try with different numbers here.
Thanks.. Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth... you put these of principal applicant?? Also, was the count same when linking to principal applicant account and sponsor's account?

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For me, it only worked today (36 days after the application was received by CIC), which is the same day as I was able to check it on ECAS. So, if it's not on ECAS yet, it won't be found to be linked.
Just a note to clarify:

- ECAS can be accessed by both Sponsor and Principal Applicant. Sponsor will be able to see both Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status. Principal applicant will only see Permanent Residence Application Status.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

- Linking application is available only to Principal Applicant
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
i tried every possible combination to link the app. For weeks...nothing. Even spoke on the phone with them and they told me to keep trying eventually it will work....nice answer:)
You mean you received a confirmation letter from them with a UCI?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
I didn't received any confirmation letter nor email from them. As for the UCI, I used the one from my PR Card and the sponsored person used the one from her tourist visa.
The UCI from your PR card and the tourist visa UCI connects you to a Parents and Grand Parents permanent residence PGP application???

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The UCI from your PR card and the tourist visa UCI connects you to a Parents and Grand Parents permanent residence PGP application???
Yes, UCI from sponsor (PR Card) with sponsor's details can access ECAS and is able to see both sponsorship and permanent resident process status (for the principal applicant)..
UCI from principal applicant (tourist visa) with principal applicant's details can access ECAS and is able to see permanent resident process status (for the principal applicant). By the way, the UCI on the visitor visa is to the right of the letters "FPA", "FPC" or "FPE".

Reactions: SpottedDick

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, UCI from sponsor (PR Card) with sponsor's details can access ECAS and is able to see both sponsorship and permanent resident process status (for the principal applicant)..
UCI from principal applicant (tourist visa) with principal applicant's details can access ECAS and is able to see permanent resident process status (for the principal applicant). By the way, the UCI on the visitor visa is to the right of the letters "FPA", "FPC" or "FPE".
I understand UCI as an unique code assigned by CIC to any person who submits any application with them, including any kind of visa. This UCI remains the same for your life, even for different kind of applications. So, your UCI for a visitor visa is the same as for your supervisa, study visa, work permit visa, immigrant (PR) visa, citizenship application and so on.

P.S. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=772&top=4

Last edited:

can-quest

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
8-11-2012
I received email for cosponsor NOA ( only mail option , no fax or upload) on July 17; sent the required doc via Canada post - delivered on July 19...no change in online status till now ...shows - requested additional documents on July 17.

Do i need to call to confirm that they have received the documents ?? Or just wait

Thanks

Hi can you add:

july 26, reveived a request letter via email to send my spouse's option C printout for 2014-2016. I faxed it on the same day.

august 4, receieved another email containing i met the sponsor eligiblity requirements and the file has been forwarded to CPC-Ottawa.

Thanks!

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Just a note to clarify:

- ECAS can be accessed by both Sponsor and Principal Applicant. Sponsor will be able to see both Sponsorship Application Status and Permanent Residence Application Status. Principal applicant will only see Permanent Residence Application Status.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

- Linking application is available only to Principal Applicant
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Just to confirm, I could NOT use a citizenship application UCI which was closed few years ago. Maybe because the application is closed now?

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
You mean you received a confirmation letter from them with a UCI?
No, i am talking about linking my app. It's virtually impossible to link it, regardless of the combinations of data i use. And the answer for that was to keep trying, eventually it will work...

mmacedo

Star Member
Jul 5, 2012
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just to confirm, I could NOT use a citizenship application UCI which was closed few years ago. Maybe because the application is closed now?
Yes, you won't be able to see a past application after some time. You'll be able to see your sponsorship application with this same UCI, but it takes some time after the application is received by CPC Mississauga. In my case, it took exactly 36 days, but it can vary.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Yes, you won't be able to see a past application after some time. You'll be able to see your sponsorship application with this same UCI, but it takes some time after the application is received by CPC Mississauga. In my case, it took exactly 36 days, but it can vary.
This means I have to wait for them to send me a new UCI as a sponsor and only then I can do ECAS or Link - correct? Do they send this by mail or email?