+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

jis80

Jul 15, 2017
Hi Guys,

I really need some help here as I am not sure what to do. I applied for the 2017 PGP lottery and was selected to proceed with the application. However, my mom had Cancer on her tongue and had a major surgery in 2014 to remove the tumor. On the Schedule A – Background/Declaration form they are asking a question if you "had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder". Should I say yes and explain the situation? and if I do, would they consider her for PR? The doctors also say that there are two very small mole kind growth in her lungs which is not treatable now as it is very small.

My worry is that if I say yes, and explain the situation and they proceed with her PR process, when it comes to the Medical, would it get rejected? I am totally confused and not sure what to do. I really want to take care of my parents and I cannot do that if they are in India and I am here.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

I really need some help here as I am not sure what to do. I applied for the 2017 PGP lottery and was selected to proceed with the application. However, my mom had Cancer on her tongue and had a major surgery in 2014 to remove the tumor. On the Schedule A – Background/Declaration form they are asking a question if you "had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder". Should I say yes and explain the situation? and if I do, would they consider her for PR? The doctors also say that there are two very small mole kind growth in her lungs which is not treatable now as it is very small.

My worry is that if I say yes, and explain the situation and they proceed with her PR process, when it comes to the Medical, would it get rejected? I am totally confused and not sure what to do. I really want to take care of my parents and I cannot do that if they are in India and I am here.
I understand your frustration and worries and I wish that she would be allowed to join you in Canada. However, it is always the best policy to declare everything truthfully, having cancer is a serious health issue and it may or may not affect the application, she may still be admissible now that she has recovered after the surgery and may not be a financial burden to Canada. If you do not declare then later they discover it would be a much worse situation as they may think you withheld important information. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope you and your mom can unite in Canada and all the best.

Reactions: Cocoa

Cocoa

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi Guys,

If you don't mind the money and the emotion you are going to go through, you definitely can try. It's a "May" or "May not" situation. People here are not the CIC official, any opinion is only for your reference. Good luck to any of your decisions.

Last edited:

yalgar

Oct 13, 2013
Am waiting for AOR and see that some of the people have got them in 20 days and for some, it has taken over 40. Just wondering if all province candidates submit the application at one location ie Missisuaga or there are multiple CIC offices to receive them and hence have their own queue
Sorry for my ignorance on this matter

xaideez

Apr 1, 2012
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Received email with file number and sponsorship approval. File transferred to CPP Ottawa for processing.
Congrates...any idea what is the criteria for Visa Office Selection? Were your parents here in Canada when you submitted the application?
Someone told me if we put Canada's address as parents' home address it will be forwarded to Ottawa.

PGP2017Applicant

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Congrates...any idea what is the criteria for Visa Office Selection? Were your parents here in Canada when you submitted the application?
Someone told me if we put Canada's address as parents' home address it will be forwarded to Ottawa.
Off topic question - did the office locate your application?

Javiya

Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO - New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013 PER Received.: 16-08-2013
AOR Received.
17-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with APPLICATION
Med's Request
04-12-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2014
LANDED..........
20-02-2014
Yes they did
Haven't got any email yet but i can see through UCI that they did receive my application on May 11th.
Hi xaideez, Congratulations about locating your application. Glad to know that IRCC has got it and confirmed that they have it.

A query for spread sheet.

When did your Ecas started showing AOR ?

Wishes for faster processing ...good luck !

mufarina

Sep 12, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-08-2012
i am starting to think cic call center is just for show...can't get through at all.....

Reactions: pav.scorpion

can-quest

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with docs
Med's Request
8-11-2012
Hello sr members
I sent completed package on June 19, received email today to provide co-sponsor NOA's. Should I send mine as well along with co-sponsor ?? My salary and taxes were sufficent for processing , we added co-sponsor just to be on safer side.