+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2017 PGP Applicants

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
one more question... my birth certificate is in punjabi and i have notorized translated copy from India with me... would that be good... or need to get translated here and notorized locally. Thanks
Your translated / notarized documents from India is no more useful here. You need to translate / notarize it from someone who is authorized to do so here in Canadian. Please see IRCC instructions for details. Those are self explanatory to me. I also had to do it for my documents. I can share you the contact details of the person who did this for me if you are from Calgary. Let me know if interested.

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Your translated / notarized documents from India is no more useful here. You need to translate / notarize it from someone who is authorized to do so here in Canadian. Please see IRCC instructions for details. Those are self explanatory to me. I also had to do it for my documents. I can share you the contact details of the person who did this for me if you are from Calgary. Let me know if interested.
Hi

I don't have birth certificate but I just got not found birth certificate from back home India, my parents get it translated and notarized from India with affidavit from lawyer.

Do u think that this will not accepted by ircc?

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
Hi

I don't have birth certificate but I just got not found birth certificate from back home India, my parents get it translated and notarized from India with affidavit from lawyer.

Do u think that this will not accepted by ircc?
You are in Canada, right. So the document translated or notarized or affidavit from lawyer from India has no value here, even if the original document is generated from India. So endorsement /certification from someone who is in Canadian system is required in your case. If you dont have your birth certificate here then get it delivered thru courier and get the translation. This is what I would do if I was in your situation. Otherwise its your choice whether you want to use India translation / Canadian.

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I mailed my application for PGP 2017 through Canada Post express post and requested a signature. Mail is still showing out for delivery on day 2. Will someone from CPC-Mississauga pick up my application from Canada Post ? Should I have not asked for a signature ? Has anyone else on this forum sent their app through Canada Post requiring signature and received confirmation of delivery ?

Last edited:

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You are in Canada, right. So the document translated or notarized or affidavit from lawyer from India has no value here, even if the original document is generated from India. So endorsement /certification from someone who is in Canadian system is required in your case. If you dont have your birth certificate here then get it delivered thru courier and get the translation. This is what I would do if I was in your situation. Otherwise its your choice whether you want to use India translation / Canadian.
Wrong, there is no requirement that translation/certifications must be from Canadian sources.

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
Wrong, there is no requirement that translation/certifications must be from Canadian sources.
Sure. Try it and waste the time... If the translation and certification(Notarized) are done outside of Canada. How would CIC know that the translated/certified document is accurate or true. They would not know the rectifier as him/her is not registered here. So who is under the Onus, person who is not from Canada :)
My friend read the instructions and use common sense.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Sure. Try it and waste the time... If the translation and certification(Notarized) are done outside of Canada. How would CIC know that the translated/certified document is accurate or true. They would not know the rectifier as him/her is not registered here. So who is under the Onus, person who is not from Canada :)
My friend read the instructions and use common sense.
You are wrong.

The instructions are very clear, you are allowed to get these from anywhere in the world. Countless people have done this successfully. Stop posting incorrect information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.
The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:
Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmacedo

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
You are wrong.

The instructions are very clear, you are allowed to get these from anywhere in the world. Countless people have done this successfully. Stop posting incorrect information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp
If the translation isn’t done by a member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, you must submit an affidavit swearing to the accuracy of the translation and the language proficiency of the translator. A certified translator will provide both a certified translation and certified copies of the original documents.
The affidavit must be sworn in the presence of:
Outside of Canada:

• a notary public
Authority to administer oaths varies by country. Consult your local authorities.

Authority to certify international documents varies by country. Check with your local authorities.
I dont have time to waste on you Rob. As I said try to use common sense .... If the translation and certification(Notarized) are done outside of Canada. How would CIC know that the translated/certified document is accurate or true or the person who did it is in a good standing. They would not know the rectifier as him/her is not registered here. So who is under the Onus, person who is not from Canada :) ..... If someone wants to try it then try it and see. Also this is not a misleading information. In fact this is helping others to show people simple and straight forward path.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I dont have time to waste on you Rob. As I said try to use common sense .... If the translation and certification(Notarized) are done outside of Canada. How would CIC know that the translated/certified document is accurate or true or the person who did it is in a good standing. They would not know the rectifier as him/her is not registered here. So who is under the Onus, person who is not from Canada :) ..... If someone wants to try it then try it and see. Also this is not a misleading information. In fact this is helping others to show people simple and straight forward path.
There are global standards and recognized organization for notaries and those able to certify documents. You really have no clue what you're talking about. Hundreds before have used notaries from outside Canada, and faced no problems.

To anyone reading this, I would suggest to ignore "advice" from user swali2010. No more to say here.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The please stop wasting your time posting useless and incorrect information.

Rob is most definitely correct.

swali2010

Feb 15, 2010
There are global standards and recognized organization for notaries and those able to certify documents. You really have no clue what you're talking about. Hundreds before have used notaries from outside Canada, and faced no problems.

To anyone reading this, I would suggest to ignore "advice" from user swali2010. No more to say here.
Global standards... Good one Rob ;-) Anyways guys its up to you if you want to take the advice or not ... Rob is not CIC or going to decide in your case. I gave an honest advice which I did for myself also, despite I had back home's Notary public endorsement on my documents. Now its up to you if you want to follow it or not. I am done with this useless discussion. Lets move on. Can anyone volunteer to create a spreadsheet for PGP 2017s

javkalin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
I mailed my application for PGP 2017 through Canada Post express post and requested a signature. Mail is still showing out for delivery on day 2. Will someone from CPC-Mississauga pick up my application from Canada Post ? Should I have not asked for a signature ? Has anyone else on this forum sent their app through Canada Post requiring signature and received confirmation of delivery ?