+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2016 PR CARD APPLICANTS TIMELINE

amr95

Jul 31, 2012
ASAINI said:
My and my family's (wife & daughter) PR cards (Renewal) have been approved.

Here is our time line:

March 29 - We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 23, 2016.
March 31 or so - We started processing your application on March 30, 2016.
April 28 - Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on April 21, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

I have spent 832 days in Canada in last 5 years.
My family (wife & daughter) spent 751 days in Canada in last 5 years.

It was not an urgent processing request.
That's impressive ASAINI. Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing any tips on how you compiled your application and your documents? Did you put them in a specific order and did you provide any extra or specific documents for you or your family besides the required documents ?

Congrats again!

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
amr95 said:
That's impressive ASAINI. Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing any tips on how you compiled your application and your documents? Did you put them in a specific order and did you provide any extra or specific documents for you or your family besides the required documents ?

Congrats again!
Thanks amr95 :)

I didn't do anything special. I just prepared three separate packages (1 for me and 2 for my family members) and put them in one bigger package and sent it to them.
I arranged all the documents as per the checklist order. I provided them each document that they requested for. However, as my wife didn't have last 2 year's IT NOA so I sent them copies of CCTB & UCCB letters that we received to prove that she and my daughter was present here in Canada at that time.
That's all.

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
ASAINI said:
My and my family's (wife & daughter) PR cards (Renewal) have been approved.

Here is our time line:

March 29 - We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 23, 2016.
March 31 or so - We started processing your application on March 30, 2016.
April 28 - Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on April 21, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

I have spent 832 days in Canada in last 5 years.
My family (wife & daughter) spent 751 days in Canada in last 5 years.

It was not an urgent processing request.
Just got home and was surprised.
I got PR cards in the mail for all three of us.

It took less than 2 months from date of receiving application (23rd Feb) to approval (21st April).

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASAINI said:
Just got home and was surprised.
I got PR cards in the mail for all three of us.

It took less than 2 months from date of receiving application (23rd Feb) to approval (21st April).
Excellent !!

naksa2011

Apr 29, 2016
Another Question If I get a reply very soon from all of you.

Is it very necessary to send all the pages of the passports for the last 5 years? showing all exits/entries
My understanding is in the form they have asked to click on the box to give consent to get all these details from CBSA etc. along with they have asked to submit NOA for the last 2 yrs in order to show that you have paid taxes and you have lived in Canada.

Thanks

Naksa2011

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, send the color copies of all pages of all of your passports.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR card processing times are showing 93 days now. May be it's a glitch ??

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reom27 said:
Today's Update

The processing time is now reduced to 86 days (i.e., from 93). As mentioned, they are working on applications received on February 18, 2016.
It's showing 93 days now and processing applications received on Jan 28. Last updated April 15. Not sure what's going on ??

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
user3000 said:
It's showing 93 days now and processing applications received on Jan 28. Last updated April 15. Not sure what's going on ??
It looks like a system glitch as my application was received on 23rd Feb and already processed. I received my card in mail on 29th April.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
I do not know what is going on there!!
Last update of 86 days in CIC website was on April 26 (written as of April 15). As ASAINI mentioned, it might be a glitch in the system and they will fix it later this week.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reom27 said:
I do not know what is going on there!!
Last update of 86 days in CIC website was on April 26 (written as of April 15). As ASAINI mentioned, it might be a glitch in the system and they will fix it later this week.
Hope it's a glitch and they are not playing around with processing times. I'm really hoping I'll get my cards approved this week,if not already :D

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
Reom27 - Do you have any update ? I think your application was received on Feb 22 right ?

Nothing as of yet.
Yes, my application was received on Feb 22.

I am feeling a little bit frustrated

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
Most probably you both will get your PR cards in the mail this week.
That's what I guess and hope :)