Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
Hi guys,

The address for receiving PR card, does it have to be a residential address or can it be a mail box (P.O box)?
Has anyone used P.O. Box

Thanks

In the guidelines, it is written that PR Cards will be sent only to residential addresses (i.e., mailing address will be ignored if they are different than the provided residential address). As for your question, it is mentioned that "PR cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if the P.O. box is your residential mailing address. If no residential address is provided, processing will be delayed until your residential address is provided".

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reom27 said:
Today's Update

The processing time is now reduced to 86 days (i.e., from 93). As mentioned, they are working on applications received on February 18, 2016.
Where did you get this info ? it's still showing 93 days ???

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
Where did you get this info ? it's still showing 93 days ???
Never mind, just refreshed the browser and now it's showing 86 days and that was updated on April 15th.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reom27 - I'm sure your card will be in mail now. Hopefully the Thursday ECAS status will have the update your case.

Reom27

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user3000 said:
Reom27 - I'm sure your card will be in mail now. Hopefully the Thursday ECAS status will have the update your case.
I really hope so ..
Many thanks user3000 ..

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
user3000 said:
Any update ? any one got the PR Approval ?
My and my family's (wife & daughter) PR cards (Renewal) have been approved.

Here is our time line:

March 29 - We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 23, 2016.
March 31 or so - We started processing your application on March 30, 2016.
April 28 - Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on April 21, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.
April 29 - Received PR cards in mail for all 3 of us.

I have spent 832 days in Canada in last 5 years.
My family (wife & daughter) spent 751 days in Canada in last 5 years.

It was not an urgent processing request.

naksa2011

Apr 29, 2016
A Question if any one can reply
Mine and family PR Cards (total 3) are getting expired in Oct.2016.
Can I apply for renewal early or have to wait till they get expired on the due date?
I landed in canada in Jan.2013 and living here since then except made 1 home country visit last year in March.2015.
I am planning to visit states in Aug/Sept So I thought I apply early for renewal.
Thanks
naksa2011

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naksa2011 said:
A Question if any one can reply
Mine and family PR Cards (total 3) are getting expired in Oct.2016.
Can I apply for renewal early or have to wait till they get expired on the due date?
I landed in canada in Jan.2013 and living here since then except made 1 home country visit last year in March.2015.
I am planning to visit states in Aug/Sept So I thought I apply early for renewal.
Thanks
naksa2011
You can apply now, you don't have to wait until the expiry date.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASAINI said:
My and my family's (wife & daughter) PR cards (Renewal) have been approved.

Here is our time line:

March 29 - We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 23, 2016.
March 31 or so - We started processing your application on March 30, 2016.
April 28 - Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on April 21, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

I have spent 832 days in Canada in last 5 years.
My family (wife & daughter) spent 751 days in Canada in last 5 years.

It was not an urgent processing request.
Congrats... did you receive the cards in mail ?

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASAINI said:
I have not received the cards in the mail yet.
Will let you know once I receive them.
Do you see the approval for all of your family members or only your application ? I have applications for me and my wife received to CIC on March 03 and hoping to get the approval soon. I want them get processed together as we have exactly same entry/exits and have lived here since 2013 , 1060 days

ASAINI

Star Member
Apr 27, 2010
user3000 said:
Do you see the approval for all of your family members or only your application ? I have applications for me and my wife received to CIC on March 03 and hoping to get the approval soon. I want them get processed together as we have exactly same entry/exits and have lived here since 2013 , 1060 days
The timeline that I have mentioned is same for me and my family members. We submitted our 3 applications on same day in one package and shows their applications received, processed and approved by them on same dates as mine.
I read somewhere that they process family applications on same time lines as they have same records and it saves their time and efforts to process and verify each application individually.

Don't worry most probably you & your wife will get the approval news next week. Best of luck.

user3000

Mar 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASAINI said:
The timeline that I have mentioned is same for me and my family members. We submitted our 3 applications on same day in one package and shows their applications received, processed and approved by them on same dates as mine.
I read somewhere that they process family applications on same time lines as they have same records and it saves their time and efforts to process and verify each application individually.

Don't worry most probably you & your wife will get the approval news next week. Best of luck.
Thank you for the update.