+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

fswp2014applicant

Star Member
Jul 20, 2014
Powai, Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-Jun-2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charged: 26-Sep-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 06-Oct-2014
Med's Request
24-Nov-2014
Med's Done....
13-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
27-Feb-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
29-May-2015 (planned)
I sent an email to NSOI to chk status of applications processed so far and this is what they replied just now (02-Sept-2014) :

Q: How far along are you with regard to nominating 150 applicants under the RLMD stream?

A: We are over 70% complete.

HOPE :)

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
fswp2014applicant said:
I sent an email to NSOI to chk status of applications processed so far and this is what they replied just now (02-Sept-2014) :

Q: How far along are you with regard to nominating 150 applicants under the RLMD stream?

A: We are over 70% complete.

OH MY GOD! I can't believe it. Please people, we should call to NSOI to ask about what will happen with the rest of applications?? It's unfair. We should call them and let their know about our complaints and also call to Government of Nova Scotia to make pressure about this issue.

This is the information of Governmente of Nova Sc

Telephone:
(in metro)
902-424-5200

Toll-Free:
(within North America)
1-800-670-4357

TTY:
(toll-free within North America)
1-877-404-0867

Fax:
902-424-0720

Mailing Address:
Public Enquiries - Service Nova Scotia
PO Box 2734
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3K5

Email:
askus @ gov.ns.ca

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Hello guys

I want to share with you all what I found on Nova Scotia Immigration's facebook. Here is a comment from a person who called to NSOI:

Harman Singh
@Kirandeep Brar and Badal Love. When I spoke to the Lady from the NSNP, I discussed with her many things. I told her that it has been more than 5 months and we have absoultely no updates. I told her that preparing an application and arranging all those documents that you want takes a lot of time and efforts. We prepared applications and send to you but we do not have any acknowledgment of whether you have even received our applications or not. If you are assessing applications you receieved in the middle of march and 100 are already selected then it means that applications that you received after 25th march and whole of april will not be even touched and returned to the applicants because 50 nominees will be selected before those applications. And it has been more than 5 months now. I do not know why they accepted more than 3000 applications when they wanted only 150. Even 1500 application were enough for them. I think that I will have to address this thing to the Canadian Immigration minister. And I have the email and mail address.

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also we should not deny one thing. On March 28th itself Nova scotia immigration office mentioned in their web site that "NS has got enough application for processing, if anybody applying after that are applying on their own risk" and they accepted application till april 28. At that time they were in a decision that they can keep the applications for next year and later they changed it. for that also they are having a valid reason, that in application guide itself they have mentioned that "criteria and decisions are subject to change".

So they are clear in their side. even if we send mails to anybody will not work out. it is my thought :).

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cansen said:
Also we should not deny one thing. On March 28th itself Nova scotia immigration office mentioned in their web site that "NS has got enough application for processing, if anybody applying after that are applying on their own risk" and they accepted application till april 28. At that time they were in a decision that they can keep the applications for next year and later they changed it. for that also they are having a valid reason, that in application guide itself they have mentioned that "criteria and decisions are subject to change".

So they are clear in their side. even if we send mails to anybody will not work out. it is my thought :).
Anyway, they can keep applications till new criteria will be identified, and only after that return only those applications which are not fit to new requirements.

Janny.Gu

Apr 15, 2014
Cansen said:

I was tracing NS website everyday, I never see what you mentioned above,can you show evidence?

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janny.Gu said:
I was tracing NS website everyday, I never see what you mentioned above,can you show evidence?
On March 28th they published but i am not having that screen shots. Any way it is all their decision which we cant do anything.

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itexpert said:
Anyway, they can keep applications till new criteria will be identified, and only after that return only those applications which are not fit to new requirements.
Yes that can be requested.

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Janny.Gu said:
Anybody can show the screen shot??
I can see some discussion in this forum on March 28th about this. please see the 6th question below

Re: 2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)
« Reply #2123 on: March 28, 2014, 12:39:13 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: suzith on March 28, 2014, 12:21:59 pm
Hello,

I am applying NSNP for Regional Market Demand.
Request you to please address the below,

1) Do I need to submit educational assessment report?

2) Is education transcripts mandatory to submit?
3) Can i Type and print my settlement plan in a separate paper similar to Settlement Template(Appendix 3 – Employment and Settlement Plan)?.

4)Do I need to submit medical & police clearance at the first stage of application?

5)My education & employment is in english? Do i need take Ielts? if IELTS is not required, In what way/document i can submit that i have done my education in english?

6) Its been updated in the website,Already received large number of applications and will be nominating 150 out of it!. Is this mean cap is already reached for this year?

Thanks & Regards,
Sujith Dompuru

Good questions for benefit of all I will answer you , But please any one can correct me if I am wrong ..
If you have the WES report it will be ok send it with any proof of graduation ..

They are mentioned in thier Guide ( Page 19 last thing ): ((You must provide a copy of all certification and training obtained by the principal applicant and spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependants aged 22 or older)) they need certification not transcript

3) Can I Type and print my settlement plan in a separate paper similar to Settlement Template(Appendix 3 – Employment and Settlement Plan)?.

Off course yes and highly recommended ..

4)Do I need to submit medical & police clearance at the first stage of application?

Medical No need now and Police clearance: if you and any of your family members offended see the same guide page 19 : Police certificates, if the applicant or any dependent family member age 18 or older has committed an offence, has been charged or been convicted of a crime. Please provide a copy of the police report from the country or countries where the offence(s) occurred. In addition to the police certificate, submit any proof of rehabilitation or pardon.

5)My education & employment is in english? Do i need take Ielts? if IELTS is not required, In what way/document i can submit that i have done my education in english?

If you have IELTS OK put If no , I don't know ?

6) Its been updated in the website,Already received large number of applications and will be nominating 150 out of it!. Is this mean cap is already reached for this year?

applications reached the roof but not the Cap - No body can answer this question

Janny.Gu

Apr 15, 2014
Cansen said:
I can see some discussion in this forum on March 28th about this. please see the 6th question below

Re: 2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)
« Reply #2123 on: March 28, 2014, 12:39:13 pm » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: suzith on March 28, 2014, 12:21:59 pm
Hello,

I am applying NSNP for Regional Market Demand.
Request you to please address the below,

3) Can i Type and print my settlement plan in a separate paper similar to Settlement Template(Appendix 3 – Employment and Settlement Plan)?.

Thanks & Regards,
Sujith Dompuru

Good questions for benefit of all I will answer you , But please any one can correct me if I am wrong ..
If you have the WES report it will be ok send it with any proof of graduation ..

They are mentioned in thier Guide ( Page 19 last thing ): ((You must provide a copy of all certification and training obtained by the principal applicant and spouse, common-law or conjugal partner and dependants aged 22 or older)) they need certification not transcript

3) Can I Type and print my settlement plan in a separate paper similar to Settlement Template(Appendix 3 – Employment and Settlement Plan)?.

Off course yes and highly recommended ..

Medical No need now and Police clearance: if you and any of your family members offended see the same guide page 19 : Police certificates, if the applicant or any dependent family member age 18 or older has committed an offence, has been charged or been convicted of a crime. Please provide a copy of the police report from the country or countries where the offence(s) occurred. In addition to the police certificate, submit any proof of rehabilitation or pardon.

If you have IELTS OK put If no , I don't know ?

applications reached the roof but not the Cap - No body can answer this question

Nothing shows here, Ok , I won’t care of this point any more.

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Cansen said:

If this is true, then, the point is: Why they accepted so many applications?? I agree in the part where it says "criteria an decisions are subject to change", but never said about how they would process all applications. If NSOI had over 500 applications they would have stopped the program and don't accept more applications. It's illogical to accept more than 3000 applications to nominate only 150 people. If they accepted more than 3000 applications because they would open all applications and select the best ones. It sounds logical. Anyway, however this program is a gibe. I don't understand why NSOI isn't doing a professional job if they as Canadian people wants the perfect people to be accepted in their country.

I am disappointed with this program, but I am going to send an email to Canadian Immigration Minister.