+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2014 APPLICANTS - NOVA SCOTIA NOMINEE PROGRAM(WITHOUT JOB OFFER)

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
If you are in Canada or USA.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp#permanent

CPC-O (Case processing center - Ottawa)

Must read FAQ.

tenkrun10 said:
Question Seniors - Is it true that US based applicants are to use Ottawa office ? or is New York / LA ? I'm seeing on other forums that US applicants are routed to Ottawa. True or False ?

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sjulien said:
See you got an opportunity to apply under FSW. so we can't say anything to immigration system.

Nova scotia has provided good opportunity who got low scores in IELTS but people took longer time to submit application.

We can't blame any immigration system.
@sjulien,

Do you really think that NSOI has organized the RLMD program correctly?!

Please explain your aproach to 4250 people.....

It seems you are quite far from planning and management.

So, from my point of view, each immigration program should be organized wisely.

Cansen

Jun 3, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itexpert said:
No, due to my age, I need to score almost the highest score in IELTS according to CLB level.

In other words I need to score 23 points for Language.
And currently I passed IELTS 5 times in a one year period(highest score for Language is 21), and each time there is something less than needed in different sections of the exam:

So, it is something indefinite...
Did you tried in IDP or British council

sjulien

Champion Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
19-11-2014
Med's Done....
20-11-2014
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-04-2015
This is not a big program.. They need only 150 nomination.
For 150, why should they go for planning and management. Yes I completely agree that they accepted too much application. but might be possible that they wanted to increase cap limit but FSW was launched just after NS - RLMD program.

That's why I told you. Did you apply for FSW? Because you got another chance to apply.

itexpert said:
@ sjulien,

Do you really think that NSOI has organized the RLMD program correctly?!

Please explain your aproach to 4250 people.....

It seems you are quite far from planning and management.

So, from my point of view, each immigration program should be organized wisely.

HOPE :)

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
I agree with ITexpert. Im April's applicant, exactly April 3 and I have all my documents correctly. I see that most of people from here NSOI sent them email to rectify their documents and get nomination. I think, NSOI must nominate all people that have their documents rightly and don't waste their time in those that don't have it. NSOI must contemplate all applicants and select the best ones. Also, I am disappointed with this immigration program because when NSOI posted this program never said which method (first come first served basis) would use and Why they accepted applicants until April 28 if they going to choose only until March 14 applicants. IT'S NOT FAIR. :( :( :(

eng.suzan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
palestine / west namk
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome-Italy visa office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/3/2014
Doc's Request.
7/11/2014
Nomination.....
1/12/2014
AOR Received.
24/7/2015
IELTS Request
WITH MY APPLICATION
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
OCTOBER -2015
Med's Done....
OCTOBER -2015 and remedical again after cic request on Nov-2016
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
so from what i saw in this coversation the NS will stop open the files that applied after 14/march?????? please any body tell me? to not return back and hope again. i am 17 / march applicatns and nothing will happen in the future.stupied program!!! :'( :'(we need all to sigh offical doc to canada immgration to stop this farce :mad: :( :eek:

enterpasscode

Jul 11, 2014
HOPE :) said:
I agree with ITexpert. Im April's applicant, exactly April 3 and I have all my documents correctly. I see that most of people from here NSOI sent them email to rectify their documents and get nomination. I think, NSOI must nominate all people that have their documents rightly and don't waste their time in those that don't have it. NSOI must contemplate all applicants and select the best ones. Also, I am disappointed with this immigration program because when NSOI posted this program never said which method (first come first served basis) would use and Why they accepted applicants until April 28 if they going to choose only until March 14 applicants. IT'S NOT FAIR. :( :( :(
agree with this line...

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
enterpasscode said:
agree with this line...
I completely agree with this line and that is what they mentioned in the program that they will select the best applications not the first 150 applications. We should write an email something like this. I saw in one or two post they refuse some application just because of incomplete and missing forms and now they are not following that. So as per them if they are right, then they did unfair to those refused applicants.

bob2015

Mar 29, 2014

I feel your pain. I am in same boat, applied early April with all documents. As i said in earlier post the decision to nominate cannot be only on first come first serve ( and asking many to rectify their incomplete docs)...it cannot be fair to all. They should in matter of fairness and equity, open all applications to April 28, and choose the best most complete ones.

What will be the criteria if/when they re-open in Jan 2015? The criteria has to be much tighter and cannot be just on first come first serve basis. If not, there will be repeat, this time they will have 10,000 applications received on first day of open with same resulting frustration. I am sure many excellent applicants were not chosen because all were not opened and given an equal chance.

Were those nominated so far truly the "best most suited, qualified " applicants out of all applicants to their cut off date of April 28? We don't know for sure...maybe/maybe not, I am just saying...give all a fair chance if you decide to continue taking till April 28.

This present process cannot be fair...my two cents. ;D :D 8)

NurseBaker

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadiam Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Nomination.....
08-08-2014
AOR Received.
28-10-2014

With due respect, the corrections were minor and they were only asking for updates such as bank statement. Those early applicants were in good faith that they, (Including me) completed the necessary documents but they find the need to know a bit more. In the first place, they won't issue prescreening if they find the file incomplete, those who were asked about settlement plan got settlement plan, nsoi just wants a modification of the plan and that shouldn't make them out of the race. For bank cert, they ask for updated ones. Applicant got one already. The file is still complete. I am not asked of settlement plan, i just feel for them. I know that the time that makes us wait is truly frustrating but they are the nominating body and they have the right to take their sweet time and qualifications in assessing one's file. Yeah having the best applicants in ns will surely benefit the province but the world is full of BEST (and BEAST) people. And to their standard, they might already have the best from mar6-14 applicants.that is the time when early birds get the benefit. Still, I understand, my file reached mid march already and if it happened to be a bit late, I would have been totally out of the race. Life is unfair. We are all aware of that! In your view, your file reached apr 3 that your application might not be given consideration, that is unfair because nsoi could have closed the stream earlier. In my view,as well as other early birds, it would also be unfair if they treat the application randomly. We are just lucky this time that the office chose those who risk to send their file the earliest time possible. And this serves as a lesson. Those people who submitted first for nsnp are either once in the end part of the line of other immigration stream or they just move fast.

Yes, the program can be underplanned and stupid, i might be feeling the same way should I have moved slower or should i have known about this a bit later and we can release all the hatred and disappointment towards all the people behind this program. I feel for your disappointments but Don't you think you are giving way toooo much emotions for this unfair program? Does it feel better that the attitude of negativity is being contagious in here?

(PS. I am not being proud that i got my prescreening, that isn't a guarantee of nomination. What catches my attention to reply to your statement "i think, NSOI must nominate all people that have their documents rightly and don't waste their time in those that don't have it." You believe that your file is one of the complete files, isn't it? I absolutely believed the same. But i was asked more. And So I provided more. And I THINK, they are not wasting time for us, for those people they are asking more details,. They are actually very considerate that they give 1 month just to provide the additional info. Yes, we all aim to be in Canada and we all of us are doing our best. We just need to embrace the reality that we cannot manipulate what we are not in control of. :)

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
NurseBaker - I agree with you. The updates are in many cases minor and do NOT qualify for an incomplete application. They asked my for last 3 paystubs (this is just an extra verification, they never asked us for paystubs during the application). Lack of paystub with the original application does not make your application incomplete. They did ask that I review and correct my visa office. I did not leave it empty I put Nova Scotia (i should have put NY or Ottawa), again this can be fixed at the federal level.

The one thing they asked for from me that seems like an incomplete was settlement plan. Like I said, I beleieve my settlement plan was good to start with. I thought about this a bit and concluded that sometimes, request for extra documents with 30 days to respond is a way of making sure you're still keen on Nova Scotia. For example, someone already far along the FSW and NOT interested in NS will not prioritize responding to the inquires or request for documents. NSOI will , after 30 days assume you;re not keen and let someone else more keen take the spot.

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
tenkrun10 said:
NurseBaker - I agree with you. The updates are in many cases minor and do NOT qualify for an incomplete application. They asked my for last 3 paystubs (this is just an extra verification, they never asked us for paystubs during the application). Lack of paystub with the original application does not make your application incomplete. They did ask that I review and correct my visa office. I did not leave it empty I put Nova Scotia (i should have put NY or Ottawa), again this can be fixed at the federal level.

The one thing they asked for from me that seems like an incomplete was settlement plan. Like I said, I beleieve my settlement plan was good to start with. I thought about this a bit and concluded that sometimes, request for extra documents with 30 days to respond is a way of making sure you're still keen on Nova Scotia. For example, someone already far along the FSW and NOT interested in NS will not prioritize responding to the inquires or request for documents. NSOI will , after 30 days assume you;re not keen and let someone else more keen take the spot.
I agree with NurseBaker and Tenkrun10. In as much as everyone is expectant, that does not mean that those already sent Pre-Screening mail or nominated are not qualified. Questions like prove your intention to settle in NS permanently, update your financial information in Schedule 4 and NSNP 100 and provide paystubs were not requirements at the initial stage. Those selected so far have met NSOI expectations are they also applied early. The lesson everyone should take home here is that we should get our package ready, so that whenever opportunities come like this next time, we would apply early. But most importantly, keep your hope alive. We are living because we have hope and believe that the future will be better. My one Cent!

bensonams

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2013
tenkrun10 said:

I agree with NurseBaker and Tenkrun10. In as much as everyone is expectant, that does not mean that those already sent Pre-Screening mail or nominated are not qualified. Questions like prove your intention to settle in NS permanently, update your financial information in Schedule 4 and NSNP 100 and provide paystubs were not requirements at the initial stage. Those selected so far have met NSOI expectations are they also applied early. The lesson everyone should take home here is that we should get our package ready, so that whenever opportunities come like this next time, we would apply early. But most importantly, keep your hope alive. We are living because we have hope and believe that the future will be better. My one Cent!

bst2011

Feb 27, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO/CVO
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014 received at cic
Nomination.....
07-08-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
17-12-2014 to NDVO & 23-01-2015 to CVO
Med's Request
25-06-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015
Interview........
Re medical- 09-06-2017
Passport Req..
28-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2017
tenkrun10 said:
Guys - I received request for documents today from NSOI. I'll send additional details once I'm off work in case anyone has questions - THis includes detailed settlement plan, paystub, correction on form (visa office - put Nova Scotia which was wrong), employment history letter.

I thought my initial settlement plan was clear and my intentions detailed. No problem, will get to work on it
Hello tenkrun... Who is your case officer?

itexpert

May 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw,Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cansen said:
Did you tried in IDP or British council
It was British Council.

There is no IDP in my country.