January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Vik74 said:
How do you order GCMS notes? What information does this contain?
Google gcms..You will have more information. Thanks

toronto_cool

Oct 14, 2011
Vik 74, ravi@yahoo, Pawgursh, TomRiddle - Thank you all for your replies.

I just called CIC other day, they told me I should sign up for GCkey account ?

Do you know what is that, is it different than Ecas ?
Also will they stop sending emails once I sign up on this account ?

Cheers

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
toronto_cool said:
Vik 74, ravi@yahoo, Pawgursh, TomRiddle - Thank you all for your replies.

I just called CIC other day, they told me I should sign up for GCkey account ?

Do you know what is that, is it different than Ecas ?
Also will they stop sending emails once I sign up on this account ?

Cheers
A member Rossei has put together some information on how to set up or link your app with GCKey. That helped me.

Some tips that I shared on my spreadsheets:

After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-categpry. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
There are 4 different combinations you can select in application details. You can try all combo, but I would recommend App No. & Family Name.
Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 2 to 6. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. You can also try leaving the field blank.
As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. Good luck!!!

there are few forum on more information

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/steps-to-link-your-sowp-paper-application-to-cic-online-t431263.0.html

honestly your best friend is google which will take you the right inforamtion.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
toronto_cool said:
Dear Friends,

Here are my timelines.

Parents Sponsorshipp
Application Filed - May 2011
Additional Docs requested - Nov 2016
Docs Sent - Jan 2017

I have following 2 questions :

1.My Parents come back and forth from India to Canada on visitor visa. Now if the file is transferred from CPC M to India, would I be notified via an email ?? Also do they send email for medical exam as well. Last thing I want is CIC sending something and my parents being here with me in Canada and missing the papers in the mail. (I have given my email address for communication)

2. How long will take for approval, file transfer and medical request etc.

I would appreciate your response
Question # 0: Application Filed - May 2011 and sending Additional documents in Jan 2017?

What went wrong with you? Looks like you missed Auto System generated communication in Jun - Jul 2015.

Having said that, you have lost almost One year of processing time. (people who have applied in Sep 2011 got request for Additional documents in Jul 2015)

Question # 1. in my case sponsorship approval was delivered by Canada Post. and in case of Medical and PCC you would receive email (if you have provided them email address, which you have done). You have your parents medical done in Canada. but in case of PCC you need to check the web site. it can be done remotely from Canada but it takes little longer. (you can find information in Indian Consulate general web site)

Question #2 : Standard CIC-M's lead time is 11 months from date of issue of acknowledgment fo additional documents (you only submitted documents, you haven't got acknowledgment yet. but what we have observed that around 8 months you would get Sponsorship approval (please note
you have submitted good documentation (i.e. no mistakes and misssing information), after approval it would take another 5 months for medical and another three to four months for PR, so another two years (it does not sound good, but its true. we have submitted additional documents in Nov 2015 and waiting for a decision made message on my parents PR

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
kcdasoju said:
Question # 0: Application Filed - May 2011 and sending Additional documents in Jan 2017?

What went wrong with you? Looks like you missed Auto System generated communication in Jun - Jul 2015.

Having said that, you have lost almost One year of processing time. (people who have applied in Sep 2011 got request for Additional documents in Jul 2015)

Question # 1. in my case sponsorship approval was delivered by Canada Post. and in case of Medical and PCC you would receive email (if you have provided them email address, which you have done). You have your parents medical done in Canada. but in case of PCC you need to check the web site. it can be done remotely from Canada but it takes little longer. (you can find information in Indian Consulate general web site)

Question #2 : Standard CIC-M's lead time is 11 months from date of issue of acknowledgment fo additional documents (you only submitted documents, you haven't got acknowledgment yet. but what we have observed that around 8 months you would get Sponsorship approval (please note
you have submitted good documentation (i.e. no mistakes and misssing information), after approval it would take another 5 months for medical and another three to four months for PR, so another two years (it does not sound good, but its true. we have submitted additional documents in Nov 2015 and waiting for a decision made message on my parents PR
Similar case but mine has been documents received in process since 8 months, still nada! :eek:

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
Hello Frnds,

I just received an email from CPC Ottawa asking about explaination for the SOCIAL SITUATION for my younger brother, living at the same address. What does "SOCIAL SITUATION" mean ????? ANY thoughts friends ???? has any one of us received letter like that before??? its pretty unlcear what social sitution means in terms of Immigration ??

Thanks a ton in advance.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Could you please provide more details about your brother, for example:
  • did you sponsor him for PR/Study permit etc,,
  • what is his current status (e.g. PR, student, work permit etc.)
  • does he also have an active application with CIC which has same permanent or mailing address?

The exact text of the email will also help before folks here can provide more insight

hirak24 said:
Hello Frnds,

I just received an email from CPC Ottawa asking about explaination for the SOCIAL SITUATION for my younger brother, living at the same address. What does "SOCIAL SITUATION" mean ????? ANY thoughts friends ???? has any one of us received letter like that before??? its pretty unlcear what social sitution means in terms of Immigration ??

Thanks a ton in advance.

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
tamilnadu said:
Could you please provide more details about your brother, for example:
  • did you sponsor him for PR/Study permit etc,,
  • what is his current status (e.g. PR, student, work permit etc.)
  • does he also have an active application with CIC which has same permanent or mailing address?

The exact text of the email will also help before folks here can provide more insight
Exact text of the email !!

Please provide a letter of explanation that details the current social situation of your overage single dependent: xxxx, xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx, who currently resides at the same address as you and your wife in India

(1) I never sponsored him in any application.
(2) he is a citizen of the country.
(3) Yes. he has an active application in Express entry and also in one of the PNP application.

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
It seems like I misunderstood that he was living with you (sponsor), whereas, he is actually living at your parents' address in India.

I am assuming that your brother was not included as dependent in your parents' application?

If yes, not sure why CIC is still considering your brother is dependent. Perhaps you may need to clarify to CIC that he was not included in your parents' application.

if no (i.e. you included your brother in parents' application), then I guess CIC just want to make sure that he is actually a dependent, and that the applicants are not using the paperwork (i.e. continued education etc.) to their convenience. In this case I think just an explanation that he is unmarried, unemployed (or whatever makes him dependent) should work. Perhaps they want to make sure that they have updated information since the application was submitted in 2011?

Just my two cents. Others may have better insight.

hirak24 said:
Exact text of the email !!

Please provide a letter of explanation that details the current social situation of your overage single dependent: xxxx, xxxxx xxxxxxxxxx, who currently resides at the same address as you and your wife in India

(1) I never sponsored him in any application.
(2) he is a citizen of the country.
(3) Yes. he has an active application in Express entry and also in one of the PNP application.

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
tamilnadu said:
It seems like I misunderstood that he was living with you (sponsor), whereas, he is actually living at your parents' address in India.

I am assuming that your brother was not included as dependent in your parents' application?

If yes, not sure why CIC is still considering your brother is dependent. Perhaps you may need to clarify to CIC that he was not included in your parents' application.

if no (i.e. you included your brother in parents' application), then I guess CIC just want to make sure that he is actually a dependent, and that the applicants are not using the paperwork (i.e. continued education etc.) to their convenience. In this case I think just an explanation that he is unmarried, unemployed (or whatever makes him dependent) should work. Perhaps they want to make sure that they have updated information since the application was submitted in 2011?

Just my two cents. Others may have better insight.
it is very confusing to me as he has never been part of the original application for my parents'. I never mentioned him as dependents in the file.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hirak24 said:
it is very confusing to me as he has never been part of the original application for my parents'. I never mentioned him as dependents in the file.
basically show his social situation as independent person who can make his own decision. Show following proof

1> With his permission, Show his tax returns for last 1-2 years
2> His career path , with job description.
3> His just happens to live with his parents since he work nearby
4> he may migrate to australia or canada depends on his options and desrirablity

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
jhutti said:
basically show his social situation as independent person who can make his own decision. Show following proof

1> With his permission, Show his tax returns for last 1-2 years
2> His career path , with job description.
3> His just happens to live with his parents since he work nearby
4> he may migrate to australia or canada depends on his options and desrirablity
thnaks a lot. Basically, I am just gonna summerize everything about him in a short letter and explain his independent well being. which doesnt affect my parents in any way.

hopefully thats enough. dont know why CIC would consider him as dependent, which he has never been.

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Finally ...I got success to link my application..And people struggling like me try this.
1.UCI+family name
2.city of birth..blank just space
3.passport information
4. Family members..In my case me+cosigner+ 2 sponserd person...So 4..(did not include child)

Hope it will help.

And thanks alot who did share their experience..It helped

Rrasoda

Dec 24, 2016
Hi ravi when you copy link to application did they ask you to cancel the representive first. When i tried to link then it says one application found but you have fill the form for cancel the representive and then it need principal applicant signature and then i sent back . So it did not open . So my dad have too cancel the representive agent first.

ravi@yahoo

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
Dec2016
Med's Request
January 2017
Med's Done....
January 2017
Passport Req..
27February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
3 March 2017
LANDED..........
Yes....
Rrasoda said:
Hi ravi when you copy link to application did they ask you to cancel the representive first. When i tried to link then it says one application found but you have fill the form for cancel the representive and then it need principal applicant signature and then i sent back . So it did not open . So my dad have too cancel the representive agent first.
In my case ..Did not ask.I don't have representative on file.