+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 (May-November) Parents sponsorship applicants join here

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I think every thing will work out, hang in there! good luck!

Also, has background check started for your parents yet (i.e. MyCiC status)?

hirak24 said:
thnaks a lot. Basically, I am just gonna summerize everything about him in a short letter and explain his independent well being. which doesnt affect my parents in any way.

hopefully thats enough. dont know why CIC would consider him as dependent, which he has never been.

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
tamilnadu said:
I think every thing will work out, hang in there! good luck!

Also, has background check started for your parents yet (i.e. MyCiC status)?
yes based on a conversation i have had with call center agent, i think they have started doing back ground check on them. also, when i talked to agent, he confirmed my brother is not listed as dependent on the file. and by "Social situation" they wanted to know what is his current status like and what is he up to in life ??? So i tried to summarize everything in short letter and added a couple of proves for the same. lets see...!!

BTW I dont have My CIC working for me, just cant seem to able to link it...so have to rely on call center agent. !!!!

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
I think every thing will work out but I can also understand the unnecessary anxiety it must have caused to you and parents...good luck buddy!

hirak24 said:
yes based on a conversation i have had with call center agent, i think they have started doing back ground check on them. also, when i talked to agent, he confirmed my brother is not listed as dependent on the file. and by "Social situation" they wanted to know what is his current status like and what is he up to in life ??? So i tried to summarize everything in short letter and added a couple of proves for the same. lets see...!!

BTW I dont have My CIC working for me, just cant seem to able to link it...so have to rely on call center agent. !!!!

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
tamilnadu said:
I think every thing will work out but I can also understand the unnecessary anxiety it must have caused to you and parents...good luck buddy!
THANKS A lot and good luck to you as well friend.
whats your status anyways just curious ?

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
Medical passed. PCC and RPRF submitted. Waiting for background check to begin :)

By any chance, have you linked your application to MyCiC? If yes, does it show background check 'in progress' there..just trying to access if CIC starts background check process without updating MyCiC status.

hirak24 said:
THANKS A lot and good luck to you as well friend.
whats your status anyways just curious ?

hirak24

Star Member
Jan 4, 2015
tamilnadu said:
Medical passed. PCC and RPRF submitted. Waiting for background check to begin :)

By any chance, have you linked your application to MyCiC? If yes, does it show background check 'in progress' there..just trying to access if CIC starts background check process without updating MyCiC status.
"""BTW I dont have My CIC working for me, just cant seem to able to link it...so have to rely on call center agent. !!!!""" quote from previous post i submitted ! so no i dont have it linked !!! :) :)

tamilnadu

Oct 2, 2012
oppps...didn't notice it in your previous post...I need a good dose of caffeine..Friday! :p

hirak24 said:
"""BTW I dont have My CIC working for me, just cant seem to able to link it...so have to rely on call center agent. !!!!""" quote from previous post i submitted ! so no i dont have it linked !!! :) :)

rightback

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
Jun-2011
Doc's Request.
July-2015
AOR Received.
Oct-2015
File Transfer...
Mar-2016
Med's Request
May-2016 - Re-Med Mar-2017
Med's Done....
May-2016 Re-Med Apr 2017
Passport Req..
28-April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2017
LANDED..........
18-June-2017
tamilnadu said:

Yes MyCIC (GCKey) does show the background check in progress.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
For past one week, I was not watching mycic/dashboard (GCkey) associated with my parents PR application.

in the past under Application profile status (Application profile details)

Line that said: A background check is needed: Not Started

now this line has changed to the following

A background check is needed: In Progress

Note: on 22nd Dec i have uploaded my parents PCC via Mycic

With regards

Dasoju

fadeupandtired

Nov 15, 2016
Guys, how much time would it take after the status is changed to Background check 'In Progress' ?

We got our medicals done on Dec 8 and submitted PCC and RPRF along with it. Ever since then, eligibility in review and last week background check went in progress.

We have passed the medicals, MP's office just confirmed me.

What is the estimated wait time until we receive the passport request.

Thanks everyone.

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
fadeupandtired said:
Guys, how much time would it take after the status is changed to Background check 'In Progress' ?

We got our medicals done on Dec 8 and submitted PCC and RPRF along with it. Ever since then, eligibility in review and last week background check went in progress.

We have passed the medicals, MP's office just confirmed me.

What is the estimated wait time until we receive the passport request.

Thanks everyone.
are your from 2010 or 2011 batch?

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
fadeupandtired said:
We applied in Oct 2011.

Does it matter.
trying to compare with others, in addition i was trying to compare with mine too ( i am from 2011, and i have submitted in 22nd Dec 2016 and status changed last week

I think there are different presses queues and they have different time line (this is my feeling)