+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes the second CIT0520 is regarding my entry/exit records, so I sent them a letter telling that I cannot meet the deadline based on the amount of time it takes to get that report.
Yes, I checked the FOAI website and it has been sitting on "Assignment" for a while. A lady from the Dept of Homeland Security told me it would take anywhere from 6 - 18 months to complete, apparently they receive on average 100,000+ requests a day, which is insane! let us remember that 99% of the requests come from people living in the United States, not Canada.

thecoolguysam said:
Did you check online FOIA account to see the progress? Did you submit the 2nd CIT0520 already? I think your 2nd CIT 0520 is regarding your US entry/exits correct?

Did you print i94 records in the meanwhile and sent it to CIC?

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ thecoolguysam - I also sent them the I-94 a few weeks ago and I received a letter back from the officer saying they could not accept that.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to order the ATIP report, it will give you plenty of information on your case. For these old applications CIC does not bother to update them on Ecas, only new applications are updated.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/

Nest76 said:
where do you check your status? My online status (from immigration canada shows the same status since 2013. I get informations on the hotline but not as specific as yours, just that my file has been opened, or transfered

janoo

May 16, 2014
All of applicant waiting for 3 years or more wish you a very happy week end and hope

new week will bring end to the suffering of at least few of us....

my case is entered into 41 months and still RCMP check up needed for next step....

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Nest76 said:
where do you check your status? My online status (from immigration canada shows the same status since 2013. I get informations on the hotline but not as specific as yours, just that my file has been opened, or transfered
Please check using the following link:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

Try using your client ID (UCI)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
djoli said:
Yes the second CIT0520 is regarding my entry/exit records, so I sent them a letter telling that I cannot meet the deadline based on the amount of time it takes to get that report.
Yes, I checked the FOAI website and it has been sitting on "Assignment" for a while. A lady from the Dept of Homeland Security told me it would take anywhere from 6 - 18 months to complete, apparently they receive on average 100,000+ requests a day, which is insane! let us remember that 99% of the requests come from people living in the United States, not Canada.
When did you submit FOIA request( how many days ago)?
Why do you think that 99% of people from USA fill FOIA records?

i94 are not detailed that's why CIC might have not accepted that. What did they write regarding it?

I ordered FOIA records for myself and it took around 16 days.

RQnightmare

Mar 28, 2015
Here is my story for those outhere waiting for an update on their case:

January 2012 - Application Received
March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted
Absoulute silence while my File was getting dust
January 2015 - ATIP Received
March 2015 - Case Especific Inquiry

After waiting for 36 months, I finally decided to ask for ATIP last January. ATIP showed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much my File was stored somewhere in a lost cabinet getting dust and only checked by CIC raccoons and squirrels, which probably were crying or laughing at my case.

I strongly believe asking for ATIP helped CIC officials to realize my File was lost in 2012-Forgotten Applicants cabinet. Right after that I filed out CIC Case Specific Form online for those 'non-routine' applications, CIC came back to me to let me know my File was recently submitted to CIC Scarborough office for Oath ceremony schedule.

eCAS hasn't been updated yet. Long story short: get your ATIP and fill the Case Specific Form online once your processing waiting time exceeds the 36 months period.

CIC has left 2011-2012 applications way behind their priorities and right now are giving extra time to process 2014-2015 citizenship applications. My neighbor applied in August 2014 and got his Citizenship in February 2015... niceeeeee !!!!!....

Finally got my oath letter in April 28. Ceremony is scheduled for 11th of May, and it is going to be 40 months since they received my application... My eCAS system still shows "In process" for my application.

thanks to everyone for your wonderful help..... I wish all the best guys

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations RQnightmare..... Your nightmare is over ..... ;D :)

:D

RQnightmare said:

March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted

After waiting for 36 months, I finally decided to ask for ATIP last January. ATIP showed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. Pretty much my File was stored somewhere in a lost cabinet getting dust and only checked by CIC raccoons and squirrels, which probably were crying or laughing at my case.

I strongly believe asking for ATIP helped CIC officials to realize my File was lost in 2012-Forgotten Applicants cabinet. Right after that I filed out CIC Case Specific Form online for those 'non-routine' applications, CIC came back to me to let me know my File was recently submitted to CIC Scarborough office for Oath ceremony schedule.

eCAS hasn't been updated yet. Long story short: get your ATIP and fill the Case Specific Form online once your processing waiting time exceeds the 36 months period.

CIC has left 2011-2012 applications way behind their priorities and right now are giving extra time to process 2014-2015 citizenship applications. My neighbor applied in August 2014 and got his Citizenship in February 2015... niceeeeee !!!!!....

Finally got my oath letter in April 28. Ceremony is scheduled for 11th of May, and it is going to be 40 months since they received my application... My eCAS system still shows "In process" for my application.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Congratulations RQnightmare. Your story is not much different from many of us who received RQs (mine sat in the local office after RQ for a year and a half before it got transferred to St. Claire). Your time is close to mine, so this gives me hope. In your ATIP, is there any reference to when it was assigned to an officer, or is there any indication of the review at all? Thanks.

RQnightmare said:

March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. Nighmare congratulation and thank you for posted your time line...

my time line as yours is similar

applied in Janury 2012.
RQ in March 2013.
Replied in april/may 2013.

complete silent November 2014 file assign to officer.

according to CIC waiting for security clearance than next step....

if you have any idea how long security clearance need ?

once again thanks. and enjoy your future life free of worried..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
RQnightmare said:

March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted

congratulations!!

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RQnightmare said:

March 2013 - Passed Test
May 2013 - RQ submitted

me too, applied march 2011, missed tests in 2012, RQ 2013, silent for 2 years, tested march 2015, fingerprinted may 2015, and waiting for the final decision. 50 months till now

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. Hope your case will be finalize as you miss the test than you have suffer a lot

got RQ , waiting for such long time... for me am waiting 41 months no progress

due to extensive travel in pass got RQ,, hope your suffering and mine will be over soon.

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi. Hope your case will be finalize as you miss the test than you have suffer a lot

got RQ , waiting for such long time... for me am waiting 41 months no progress

due to extensive travel in pass got RQ,, hope your suffering and mine will be over soon.
yes, let's just hope for the best and cic should be working hard on cleaning the backlogs before the election.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hope after long weekend CIC officer will be fresh and ready to work on files which are

pending since 2011-2012 or over 36 months ?? kindly up date any positive movement

on file ? await to hear some good news ?