+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Janoo, hope the wait won't be too long now.I hope they are not treating our applications differently than the new ones. From what I have been seeing it takes an average 2 weeks to receive the oath letter after a decision has been made for new applications i.e 2014 and 2015. For us the story may be different meaning taking a lot more time because the file needs to be transferred from the St Clair office to the local office which then schedules oath.
Anyhow, I am hopeful that things will start to flow faster now that the conservatives are gone.

janoo said:
Thanks for your kind words am waiting for my oath date, just pray it will be over soon.
file showing decision made since October 23,2015.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I wanted to get some updates from some of you that are still waiting on oath people that applied prior to 2011 or have been waiting for more than 36 months. I case status finally changed to DM 3 weeks ago but I think it could take at least a few more weeks if not months before oath is scheduled as my file is still in St Clair for reasons unknown to me.

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
djoli said:
Hi Guys,

I wanted to get some updates from some of you that are still waiting on oath people that applied prior to 2011 or have been waiting for more than 36 months. I case status finally changed to DM 3 weeks ago but I think it could take at least a few more weeks if not months before oath is scheduled as my file is still in St Clair for reasons unknown to me.
My fiancee applied in early 2012, finally did the test mid October at St. Clair and DM appeared a week after the test. Still nothing about an oath date.

The officer at St. Clair said she should expect at least 2-3 months from her test date to be invited for the oath, and said that she could contact CIC after 3 months to ask for an update, so my guess is that her oath letter might come between mid December and mid January. I'll keep you posted.

neo_baron

Oct 27, 2015
Just a heads up that my fiancee's ECAS was updated this morning with an oath date! She applied in early 2012 and took her test mid-October. It's been 45 months since she submitted her application, but it now reads:

"We sent you a notice on November 23, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 14, 2015 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

I have a feeling this will happen shortly to most applicants that took their tests in October. Best of luck to everyone :)

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied Sep 2012
In Process Feb-2013
RQ April 2013
Replied RQ May 2013
Happy Enough that I have received a letter to prepare for my test in December 2013 - later learned that this is just a generic letter everyone is receiving.
Waited with all patience, eventually Contacted MP's ordered ATIP, nothing was happening.
Out of moon most recently, I have received a notice to appear for a citizenship test and interview with citizenship officer
I know I can easily pass my citizenship test, however interview with Citizenship test? what could be general questions do officer will ask?
In the letter it was mentioned that you have to bring
1.This notice- Yes I have it (it is so precious for me)
2. Two pieces of ID's Driver license, PR Card- Yes I have that (in between citizenship application I have renewed my PR Card)
3.All your original documents that support your citizenship application- I have some original documents such as birth certificate, Notice of Assessment, T4's ROE, bank statement, Lease agreement, Phone bills, internet bills, what other original do I need to bring with me (Please Help?)
4.Your original Record of landing, or confirmation of PR- Yes I do have that.
5.PR Card- Yes I do have that
6. All Passport and Travel Documents in your possession (Current and Expired) - Yes I have all my ticket itinerary I travelled in 2011 (my dad has heart attack so I stayed back home for 3 months (90 Days) I also have medical certificate, and 2013 (for 30 days) plus all my expired passport and most current passport.

Please help someone has similar experience !

al.bagheri

Aug 13, 2016
Re: 2011 and 2012 Applicants, citizenship taking five years

To those who think their application is delayed:

I applied in 2011 with more than 1059 physical presence. I got RQ in 2012. Passed citizenship test in 2015, asked for atip in 2016, says file suspend-IMM in 2015. After four years of waiting they suspend the file. And here is their honesty:

They never said my application was on hold.
They said they are waiting for clearances, which they already had them in 2014 and they got expired in 2015. They are waiting for clearaances that they never asked for and update since 2015.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Re: 2011 and 2012 Applicants, citizenship taking five years

al.bagheri said:
To those who think their application is delayed:

I applied in 2011 with more than 1059 physical presence. I got RQ in 2012. Passed citizenship test in 2015, asked for atip in 2016, says file suspend-IMM in 2015. After four years of waiting they suspend the file. And here is their honesty:

They never said my application was on hold.
They said they are waiting for clearances, which they already had them in 2014 and they got expired in 2015. They are waiting for clearaances that they never asked for and update since 2015.
May I ask why you didn't apply for Mandamus yet? It's been 4 years after you applied already!!!

al.bagheri

Aug 13, 2016
I went to a lawyer, he sent a letter, saying that if they do not make a decision within 30 days we will file a mandamus, that was Aud 3rd. Now he is saying that we should file a judicial review.
I found on cic website that judicial review is for those who have received denied citizenship application. my application still says in process.

My lawyer says since the file is suspended , they do not grand mandamus.
I went to MP office few days ago, he said he wanted to talk to ministry.
The whole process is very frustrating and keeps me away from my everyday life. keeps my mind busy on something that they should have done years before.
Any one knows of a similar experience.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
al.bagheri said:
I went to a lawyer, he sent a letter, saying that if they do not make a decision within 30 days we will file a mandamus, that was Aud 3rd. Now he is saying that we should file a judicial review.
I found on cic website that judicial review is for those who have received denied citizenship application. my application still says in process.

My lawyer says since the file is suspended , they do not grand mandamus.
I went to MP office few days ago, he said he wanted to talk to ministry.
The whole process is very frustrating and keeps me away from my everyday life. keeps my mind busy on something that they should have done years before.
Any one knows of a similar experience.
Interesting... "Suspended", is there a timeline for this suspension to end?

al.bagheri

Aug 13, 2016
Apparently they can keep going to whenever they want. No time frames. Called call center about it and they seem that they want to get rid of you as soon as they can. its really hard for them to give you information.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
al.bagheri said:
Apparently they can keep going to whenever they want. No time frames. Called call center about it and they seem that they want to get rid of you as soon as they can. its really hard for them to give you information.
Where in ATIP it says about "suspension" ?
Where is your file located ?
My lawyer sent the similar letter on June 20th, CIC haven't fling.
On August 3rd applied the application for leave in Fed. Court. So far, CIC doesn't give a ****.

al.bagheri

Aug 13, 2016
My file is in vancouver.
in ATIP in the notes, says suspend-IMM.
why are you filing judicial review , or leave?
what is your situation?

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
al.bagheri said:
My file is in vancouver.
in ATIP in the notes, says suspend-IMM.
why are you filing judicial review , or leave?
what is your situation?
From my understanding, Application for leave is applied, so the judge can review the file and allow it (or reject) for the actual hearing for writ of Mandamus (the court hearing is another stage where Mandamus is issued or not).
My application doesn't' say 'suspended', it's still in 'process' so I don't know if Judicial review applies to mine.

al.bagheri

Aug 13, 2016
Well based on what I know review is for the decisions made to your file. Since there has been no specific decision on your file. If you are over 36 month the writ of mandamus is a better route for you.