+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2011 and 2012 Applicants

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How sad to see that CIC continues to drag peoples applications for no reasons. Please order ATIP and demand an answer as to why this is still taking time after filing for Mandamus.

egyo said:
August 2011 family application
RQ for wife 2012
Mandamus August 2014
Test Oct. 2014
RQ for husband Oct. 2014 Submitted Nov. 2014
Transferred to Judge December 2014
No news since that time
I am thinking about going to a second mandamus soon

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
egyo said:
August 2011 family application
RQ for wife 2012
Mandamus August 2014
Test Oct. 2014
RQ for husband Oct. 2014 Submitted Nov. 2014
Transferred to Judge December 2014
No news since that time
I am thinking about going to a second mandamus soon
Hi egyo, do you know the main reason why you got RQ in the first place and then why your application is taking this long? Did you have a solid 1095 days in the last 4 years when you applied for citizenship?

janoo

May 16, 2014
HI... my file will enter into 42 months after 5 days.... no news today I call CIC
got a very sweat answer file under security clearance than my local office will
schedule interview as test not required. due to long delays all my security
report expire need re - check..... let see how long.. this answer am getting from
April 7, 2015.. any idea how long it will take for security clearance ??

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard it takes between 4-6 weeks, but not sure. Mine is under renewal as well.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. in my case 6 weeks finish. my security clearance start on April 7 as per CIC
and now 6 weeks completed hopefully you are right and my case proceed with
next step.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
Hi Janoo,
I talked to Cic yesterday.My security clearance started at March 20 and finished April 30
My file is transferred back to Scarborough from St Clair on April 2.
Waiting for test schedule.this is the information I got from Cic yesterday

janoo

May 16, 2014
hi. Drakef.

thanks for your note and good to hear from you.. did CIC inform you when they
proceed with next step...almost one month pass they should move your file
on fast track as your case pending almost 40 months.
keep posted any progress kindly update.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hello…..

in early april i called CIC and asked what my status was ..they said : The next note on your file is " Please refer to level 2 for final decision. If it's a ' YES', next step is to issue you the OATH LETTER."

Then the officer also said there was 1 security check which was about to expire and they probably had to request a new one.

So TODAY, i called again just now, and the officer said " They are working on your security check"………but she wasn't very nice..that's all she could tell me.

I hope that after this security check ( I heard it takes 4-6 weeks) they will send me the oath letter…….

This is what I"m thinking it will happen….so Im guessing , thinking in the worst case , regarding time and if there's no other issues, in case they have requested the new update on the security check this week ………I should be getting the oath letter in the FIRST WEEK OF JULY. that's my guess….

Do you guys agree with me ?

I appreciate some feedback. thanks.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes your thinking is right expect some good news from now onward at any time
middle of July... wish you best of luck.. exactly they said to me the same..

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Hello.....

in early april i called CIC and asked what my status was ..they said : The next note on your file is " Please refer to level 2 for final decision. If it's a ' YES', next step is to issue you the OATH LETTER."

Then the officer also said there was 1 security check which was about to expire and they probably had to request a new one.

So TODAY, i called again just now, and the officer said " They are working on your security check".........but she wasn't very nice..that's all she could tell me.

I hope that after this security check ( I heard it takes 4-6 weeks) they will send me the oath letter.......

This is what I"m thinking it will happen....so Im guessing , thinking in the worst case , regarding time and if there's no other issues, in case they have requested the new update on the security check this week .........I should be getting the oath letter in the FIRST WEEK OF JULY. that's my guess....

Do you guys agree with me ?

I appreciate some feedback. thanks.

You also have to consider that once the file is approved they need to "squeeze you in" to a ceremony. For this you are competing with 2014-2015 applicants which has a much higher priority in face of CIC compared to 2011-2013 applicants (not fair I know, but it is what it is). So maybe beginning of August is more realistic.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
janoo said:
Yes your thinking is right expect some good news from now onward at any time
middle of July... wish you best of luck.. exactly they said to me the same..
Hi,

thanks for the feedback ! Question : Do you think if they are in the stage of 'working on the security check' means that our file was approved? like the officer said YES to the final decision????

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
Hi,

thanks for the feedback ! Question : Do you think if they are in the stage of 'working on the security check' means that our file was approved? like the officer said YES to the final decision????
the decision has to be made after all clearances are passed.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is a time line for a 2014 RQ applicant in this forum. Is somebody else seeing something wrong here , or is it just me ?

Sent to CIC: 29-09-2014
Received by CIC: 03-10-2014
In process: 14-11-2014
RQ (from Sydney): 18-11-2014
Local Office: Scarborough
RQ received by CIC: 31-12-2014
Test: 14-05-2015
Oath: 09-06-2015 (Letter dated 26 May)

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes some of them are lucky and FIFO system not working at CIC
and we are waiting for 41 months and now when we call we get a very rude