+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
first_generation said:
IMHO, they're only asking update PC from your home country otherwise, I believe they will also specifically mention criminal record check from canada if they require it since technically canadian PC is not required as per previous link. I fail to mention, my parents have dependent who reside in Dubai. The LVO in manila specifically asked for PC from Dubai.
Thank you for your opinion, i guess i would just submit the Hong Kong PC first and wait for them to ask for the canada one.

I do not know if mailing PP in and out of HK is legal or not, not sure where to find this info.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
SIP said:
I do not know if mailing PP in and out of HK is legal or not, not sure where to find this info.
I can't say for sure. Try checking with the consulate in hong kong or post a question here particular for hong kong case, maybe someone with similar experience or knowledge may help. All the best.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
Rossei said:
You can alternately find this info on Fedex/DHL or any other Int'l courier service website. For example, DHL allows PP to import to HK (not sure about export). CBSA checks all PP upon arrival and lets import them into Canada as well. Here are the links:

- DHL Express Import Guidelines: Hong Kong

- DHL Express Import Guidelines: Canada
[/quote

Thank you for the i info. I will check with the VO, but the only communication method is through email and it takes them a few weeks to reply. Very frustrating. ]

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
SIP said:
I received an email for police certificate request for my parents yesterday:

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18

Since my mom is here in canada with super visa, and has been here since last year so she needs to get one for Canada as well. Her home country needs her to go to the local police station to get her fingerprints and send it to them for process, and when she request to do one for Canada, they told her it's not required for PR to do criminal record check, all she needs is the fingerprints which she has done. I am very confused since i thought this set of fingerprints is for her home country police certificate, so does that mean she needs to get another one done for Canada?
1. Yes you need the fingerprint from Canada which is only for her Canadian Police Clearence. This fingerprint can't be used for home country.
2. For home country , you should contact the home country's embassy or consulate in Canada to find out if they can do the Police Clearence Certificate (most embassies do) . If they can't do it, then unfortunately you need to send mom back to home country to get it done there.

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Xbero said:
1. Yes you need the fingerprint from Canada which is only for her Canadian Police Clearence. This fingerprint can't be used for home country.
2. For home country , you should contact the home country's embassy or consulate in Canada to find out if they can do the Police Clearence Certificate (most embassies do) . If they can't do it, then unfortunately you need to send mom back to home country to get it done there.
Hi Need not worry in case if you hv submitted PCC before your Mom landed in Canada then only Canada RCMP finger print/ certificate will suffice. My friends Sister who was in Canada for the last 1.5 years in her case CIC asked only for local Canada PCC I.e RCMP certificate. Instead if waidting time you better call your LVO for further guidance.

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
SIP said:
Rossei said:
You can alternately find this info on Fedex/DHL or any other Int'l courier service website. For example, DHL allows PP to import to HK (not sure about export). CBSA checks all PP upon arrival and lets import them into Canada as well. Here are the links:

- DHL Express Import Guidelines: Hong Kong

- DHL Express Import Guidelines: Canada
[/quote

Thank you for the i info. I will check with the VO, but the only communication method is through email and it takes them a few weeks to reply. Very frustrating. ]
Hi I will request you to contact Visa office instead of sending PP by courier. If you go through forum members experience in one case all formalities were done by Mississauga/ Ottawa VO but PP was deposited in India as his parents were in India. Better you go through pages if this form & send personal email to the member whose parents deposited PP at VFS Jullundur.

shakil reza

Jul 5, 2015
visitor visa to canada

please anybody with a sample of sop for visitor visa to canada i need to visit my Husband for Christmas and new year celebration and i need a sample of sop kindly treat this as urgent i need a sample of letter of purpose for visitor visa to canada

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Re: visitor visa to canada

shakil reza said:
please anybody with a sample of sop for visitor visa to canada i need to visit my Husband for Christmas and new year celebration and i need a sample of sop kindly treat this as urgent i need a sample of letter of purpose for visitor visa to canada
Hi for any kind of enquiry for visitor or immigration etc pl visit CIC.gc.ca & you will every type Visa & guidelines and also procedure

Apply 2010

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014
AOR Received.
Jan 2015
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 14, 2016
Med's Done....
Jan 25, 2016
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016 and submitted Passport on Feb 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 04, 2016
Hi all folks !

Today I got email from Singapore VO to undergo for DNA testing between parent, dependent and sponsor within 60 days from the date of this email.
Is this a good or bad news? :(
Thanks.

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
hi

my time line is
application filed july 2010
additional doc request Aug 2014
additiona doc sent back Oct 2014
AOR received Feb 2015
Approval letter received May2015
Medical Request May 2015
Medical done June2015

I wanna to know that when would they update the status on Ecas because still it is showing Application received and how they contact for passport request, by mail or e-mail.

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
lakha said:
hi

my time line is
AOR received Feb 2015
Medical Request May 2015
Medical done June2015

I wanna to know that when would they update the status on Ecas because still it is showing Application received and how they contact for passport request, by mail or e-mail. please someone reply. Thanks

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
lakha said:
hi

my time line is
AOR received Feb 2015
Medical Request May 2015
Medical done June2015

I wanna to know that when would they update the status on Ecas because still it is showing Application received and how they contact for passport request, by mail or e-mail.
Hi As per experience of forum members & in my case too ecas status of medical received was changed after 3 weeks. PPR is usually asked after two months from the date of medical examination, however PP with immigration visa stamping is returned within 20 days from the date of PP are received by LVO you may consult spreadsheet prepared & updated by Jeleni ji

jassyjeff

May 24, 2015
Need Advise Please.
I just received an email from Delhi visa office requesting some documents (birth certificates, school certificates, foreign travel information and Indian police clearance certificate) All of these documents were requested in the original email that I recieved in june. My issue is that all of these original documents have been submitted and delivered to visa office already. Why are they requesting them again? According to my courier that I used to deliver my documents these were delivered on June 23. Can someone please advise if this email is just automated? What Should I do? I have already emailed case specific inquiry to delhi visa office but probably won't hear back from them any time soon. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
What is a process of obtaining RCMP finger prints within Canada? Should I just go and get the Police clearance or we would need RCMP?