+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
I received an email for police certificate request for my parents yesterday:

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18

Since my mom is here in canada with super visa, and has been here since last year so she needs to get one for Canada as well. Her home country needs her to go to the local police station to get her fingerprints and send it to them for process, and when she request to do one for Canada, they told her it's not required for PR to do criminal record check, all she needs is the fingerprints which she has done. I am very confused since i thought this set of fingerprints is for her home country police certificate, so does that mean she needs to get another one done for Canada?

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
cool_wind said:
Hello Nijjar,

Is your Visa office is London office and what about other friend.
did ecas got change fo rthem?
No all have new delhi visa office ... Have medicals in may 2015 frst week ...!

John_Dracul

Jul 3, 2015
Hello everybody,

I have a hard time understanding what comes next from my simple situation:

My mother received the medical examination instructions email and 5 days later we stepped into the doctor's office (in Canada). We got a signed paper printed out from the e-Medical system. Mother is still required to do extra cardio tests so we are doing this but will take a month or so .

What do I need to do next ? Where should I send the medical paper I got ? Do I need to send it considering is in the electronic system ?

In brief this is our timeline :
November 2010 - application received by CIC
July 2014 - request letter from CIC to submit documents to complete application (sent to CIC Mississauga)
January 2015 - confirmation that all application is complete
April 2015 - email confirmation for meeting requirements as a sponsor
June 11, 2015 - email request for Medical examination
June 16, 2015 - did the medical exam and referral to cardio investigation was issued

My mother country : Romania
What next ? What should I do ? Are there any other steps after this ?

Thank you !

harjassjeet

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 June 2016
Med's Done....
13 May 2016
Admission to canada ???

Parents and Grandparents sponsorship application ,,

**Applied 2007
**Case transfer to New Delhi 2010
( delayed cuz of change of principal applicant )

First medical nov2012
This email in June

Got this email from CHC -ND

After 2 and half years of submission of all originals,first medical , PCC, RPRF.
No request for any other document or proof after that.
File was in long background checks for almost 2 years after initial review & selection decision.

Date: June 2015

UCI********
Application:********

Dear *******

"""""""This refers to your application for admission to Canada."""""

"""""""In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the """"""
following:

Ø principal applicant name
Ø > Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate Please provide Indian police certificates for yourself and your accompanying child. This must be received at this office by: 2015/07/31
Ø > Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information for both of you. This must be received at this office by: 2015/07/31
Ø > Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature Please provide complete information wihtout any gaps for both of you in your SCH A. This must be received at this office by: 2015/07/31
Ø
(Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

Any idea if it's gonna be over soon ,,,
It's been 8-1/2 years ,
Thanks everyone for your comments

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
Please help on police certificate question!!!

on the CIC website it says:

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.

These documents are to be provided for each country "other than Canada", in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

So if my parents are here in Canada on their super visa, do they need to obtain a police certificate if they stay here over 6 months?

patel007

Nov 28, 2014
Hi,
My parent and one accompanying dependent have received their medical request last week but with that they have also received a medical request for my brother, it says all the dependent whether accompanying or non accompanying must go through medical.
My brother is 29, non dependent(was never really identified as dependent) and was not included in the application. he was mentioned as a family member.
he is currently in Canada,
I am not sure if they have sent his Medical request by Mistake or if that is really required,
I would really appreciate if some one can share their experience, If they have come across such a situation.
Thanks.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
SIP said:
Please help on police certificate question!!!

on the CIC website it says:

Police certificates

You and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens must provide:

valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.

These documents are to be provided for each country "other than Canada", in which you have lived for six (6) consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

So if my parents are here in Canada on their super visa, do they need to obtain a police certificate if they stay here over 6 months?
Hi SIP. Please check the link.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

If the VO specifically ask your parents to submit criminal record check, then get one as per the link. Otherwise, wait till they ask for it, just submit PC from other country as applicable and make a note that you will submit Criminal record check as soon as the VO required (that's what we mentioned when we submitted my parents PC). My parents are in similar case, they're here in canada on TRV since November 2013. We only submitted PC from home country. Additional docs have been asked since but not yet criminal record check from within canada. We are now at PPR stage and submitted PP few days ago, so far VO didn't require criminal record check... Maybe they will ask before issuing visa ... Or maybe not...

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
first_generation said:
Hi SIP. Please check the link.

If the VO specifically ask your parents to submit criminal record check, then get one as per the link. Otherwise, wait till they ask for it, just submit PC from other country as applicable and make a note that you will submit Criminal record check as soon as the VO required (that's what we mentioned when we submitted my parents PC). My parents are in similar case, they're here in canada on TRV since November 2013. We only submitted PC from home country. Additional docs have been asked since but not yet criminal record check from within canada. We are now at PPR stage and submitted PP few days ago, so far VO didn't require criminal record check... Maybe they will ask before issuing visa ... Or maybe not...
Thanks first_generation for your reply.

Medical has been received. Now they are requesting police certificate. It says:

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an update original police clearance certificate from "my home country". This must be received at this office by: 2015/08/02

The above information/documents must be received in our office by the stated deadline. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

How would you interpret this? Do you think they are just asking for my home country's PC or do I need to do one for Canada as well?

SIP

Feb 3, 2015
Forgot to mention that my parents' application is being process at my home country VO not in Ottawa so i am not sure if it makes a difference? May i ask first generation is your parents application being process within Canada?

I am already thinking a step ahead and wonder how to send in my mom's PP upon request back home.

My situation is my dad is still back home waiting for PR, and my mom came here with super visa to help looking after my daughter while i returned to work. So it has being a lot of mailing back and forth in order to submit doc in the same package along with my dad's.

Any insight you could provide would be great.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
patel007 said:
Hi,
My parent and one accompanying dependent have received their medical request last week but with that they have also received a medical request for my brother, it says all the dependent whether accompanying or non accompanying must go through medical.
My brother is 29, non dependent(was never really identified as dependent) and was not included in the application. he was mentioned as a family member.
he is currently in Canada,
I am not sure if they have sent his Medical request by Mistake or if that is really required,
I would really appreciate if some one can share their experience, If they have come across such a situation.
Thanks.
Hi
I had the same issue. I have received medical for my younger brother who was 29 years when I applied for my parents. But he was not included in the application, I believe the medical email is automated.

I emailed SGVO and told them my brother is married and immigrated to Canada in 2011. I believe you can do the same.Best of luck.

lakha

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
Doc's Request.
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Request
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-06-2015
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
prince nijjar said:
No all have new delhi visa office ... Have medicals in may 2015 frst week ...!
how they contact u for a request of passport by e-mail or by mail

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
SIP said:
Thanks first_generation for your reply.

Medical has been received. Now they are requesting police certificate. It says:

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an update original police clearance certificate from "my home country". This must be received at this office by: 2015/08/02

The above information/documents must be received in our office by the stated deadline. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

How would you interpret this? Do you think they are just asking for my home country's PC or do I need to do one for Canada as well?
IMHO, they're only asking update PC from your home country otherwise, I believe they will also specifically mention criminal record check from canada if they require it since technically canadian PC is not required as per previous link. I fail to mention, my parents have dependent who reside in Dubai. The LVO in manila specifically asked for PC from Dubai.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
SIP said:
Forgot to mention that my parents' application is being process at my home country VO not in Ottawa so i am not sure if it makes a difference? May i ask first generation is your parents application being process within Canada?

I am already thinking a step ahead and wonder how to send in my mom's PP upon request back home.

My situation is my dad is still back home waiting for PR, and my mom came here with super visa to help looking after my daughter while i returned to work. So it has being a lot of mailing back and forth in order to submit doc in the same package along with my dad's.

Any insight you could provide would be great.
The VO is manila. I understand your concern with regard to PP submission. Our case is, my parents are here in toronto, one dependent in Dubai, another dependents back home in Philippines. True enough docs have to be mailed here to my parents first, then back to manila VO. Same thing happened with the PP. I don't know which VO your processing is but some country like India, I believe cannot internationally mail passports because illegal that country.

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.