Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I know that there are a few threads on parents sponsorship on this forum. I am interested to start this thread to see the progress on the applications filed in the year 2010 for the parents sponsorship. My timeline is as below. Please post your timeline and the progress so that we can help each other and do not lose track on the progress, as I have read that a few have not recieved further information on their application progress or did not recieved communication in the past.

This way we can update each other on what is happenning next. I welcome senior members of this forum to comment their views on my situtaion below as that would help all the 2010 applicants in understanding the process and be patient with the process and do the things right and support each other and not panic and spoil their application chances.

To all please keep your enquires related to parents sponsorship on this post and not on any other immigration process so that it helps the right people and open a new thread for different type of questions.

My time line is:

Visa Office......: CPP Ottawa ( Parents Sponsorship located in India )
App. Filed.......: MAR-2010
Doc's Request.: AUG-2013
AOR Received.: OCT-2013
File Transfer...:
Med's Request:
Med's Done....:
Interview........:
Passport Req..:
VISA ISSUED...:
LANDED..........:

The letter received in OCT-2013 from CIC is mentioned as below:

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted to this office on behalf of XXXXXXXXX and family (if applicable).

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded for further processing. Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the office indicated below by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

CPP Ottawa
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada

The ECAS shows me the below information:

Application sponsorship status: Decision Made

Permanent residence Application Status: application received

On clicking on the details shows below under decision made:

1. We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXX on March, 2010

2. We sent you a letter on Oct, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The questions I have for the senior forum members and 2010 fellow applicants are as below:

1. Should I assume that the application is transfered to CPP Ottawa means the application is under process? Is this the same as file transfered or file is transferred from Ottawa to New Delhi later? Please explain the process here and what time line should I expect?

2. I had submitted the Right of landing fee and the PCC along with my application as it was asked if possible to submit all together. Will this help in processing the application or NO? any thoughts?

3. What does it mean in the letter "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"? Does it means that the LICO meets the eligibility requirement and all paper work done?

4. It has been 4 months since last correspondance. How long do we have to normally wait for the medical request? Will I get an e-mail for medical test request? As my parents are in India and I am in canada. I have provided an e-mail address for correspondance and canadian address for mailing correspondance. Please suggest your opinion and any experience.

All fellow 2010 applicants please post your details as below to help all to understand what is happening generally and i will also keep you all updating accordingly. Please register and contribute to help all with your timelines and the way CIC is communicating with you (emial or regular mail)

1. your timeline
2. Visa office
3. how are you getting your communication (email or regular mail, in canada or your parents country of residence)
4. What was the last correspondance and any one from 2010 received a medical exam request?
5. any other information I missed and can be useful.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa (Parents Sponsorship)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Anyone knows how to add my timelines to my signature?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
If you look at my sig and click on timeline link ( Credit: Rajaji ), you can guesstimate the timeline for CPP-O. You are fortunate to get CPP-O so it should be a smooth ride, should be getting meds request soon and it would probably take around 8 months ( this is going by past apps )
Click on profile, ( might need 10+ posts _ to edit sig

Ideally, it would be best to continue on old thread as there is another 2009 thread too, information gets lost all over
================

1. Should I assume that the application is transfered to CPP Ottawa means the application is under process? Is this the same as file transfered or file is transferred from Ottawa to New Delhi later? Please explain the process here and what time line should I expect?

Yes, but when the process has started is anyone's guess - I am sure its started by now. If they need local knowledge then the file goes to ND and comes back, and the last stage, they will simply instruct Delhi to ask for passports which you can send by VFS and people get it back within 1-3 weesk ( only 1 case so far where they made them wait for 6 months )

2. I had submitted the Right of landing fee and the PCC along with my application as it was asked if possible to submit all together. Will this help in processing the application or NO? any thoughts?

Thats the norm, ND even ask for updated PCC but you probably don't have to worry about it unless CPP-O feels its expired

3. What does it mean in the letter "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor"? Does it means that the LICO meets the eligibility requirement and all paper work done?

Yes, you are good to be a sponsor

4. It has been 4 months since last correspondance. How long do we have to normally wait for the medical request? Will I get an e-mail for medical test request? As my parents are in India and I am in canada. I have provided an e-mail address for correspondance and canadian address for mailing correspondance. Please suggest your opinion and any experience

It used to be pretty quick, ( refer to that timeline ) - but CPP-O has taken over lots of cases so it could be delayed
The best way to see whats going on with the file is order GCMS notes ( see my signature ), you can order as many ( once a month or 45 days ) - I always recommended it as its only $5 and doesn't delay the app. You would be surprised to see that at times, they assume or make mistakes in lots of things ( If it wasn't for these notes, I would have never been able to correct their mistakes, prepare for docs beforehand )

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Hi User828,

Thank you for your reply. I know that you are one of the experienced member on this forum and have very valuable information.

You have a good suggestion on keeping all information on one single post, however the older post has grown so big that I had difficulty reading through the post as there are thousands of pages. That was the reason i had started this thread specifically for the 2010 applicants to share their timelines and process as it would be different than the previous years applicants.

But for sure, I would be reading all the posts on this topic on this forum.

I will also be applying for the GCMS notes to see where my application is?

which time zone are you in? as it is too early in Canada for a reply? Do you ever sleep? LOL

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
2010applicant said:
Hi User828,

Thank you for your reply. I know that you are one of the experienced member on this forum and have very valuable information.

You have a good suggestion on keeping all information on one single post, however the older post has grown so big that I had difficulty reading through the post as there are thousands of pages. That was the reason i had started this thread specifically for the 2010 applicants to share their timelines and process as it would be different than the previous years applicants.

But for sure, I would be reading all the posts on this topic on this forum.

I will also be applying for the GCMS notes to see where my application is?

which time zone are you in? as it is too early in Canada for a reply? Do you ever sleep? LOL
I am travelling so yes multiple zone

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Hi, you are lucky - you have your file trasferred to the visa office.
Our timeline is - application filed in May 2010, doc request Aug 2013, AOR Sept 2013..... waiting for the decision from Mississauga since then

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
Hi Suin,

I do not recall getting a separate AOR. I got the letter stating the details with the case transferred for further processing as mentioned earlier.

what was the description on your AOR?

I wish you good luck and hope you hear good news soon.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
2010applicant said:
Hi Suin,

I do not recall getting a separate AOR. I got the letter stating the details with the case transferred for further processing as mentioned earlier.

what was the description on your AOR?

I wish you good luck and hope you hear good news soon.
it was just the confirmation that Mississauga had received the documents requested.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
ok thanks. that must be the Canada post tracking confirmation I guess.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
anybody else who applied in 2010 for parents sponsorship would like to share their timeline and experience? Also if they have any question are welcome.

shamrock21

Feb 24, 2014
Hello,
I applied in April 2010. Additional docs request - August 2013, docs sent September 2013. AOR - October 2013.

I'm sort of stuck. Ecas showing Decision Made February 19 2014, but the Call Center says that it is an error that the sponsor's assessment is still in process and no letter mailed out yet.

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2014 (Submitted Nov 2014)
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
2010applicant said:
anybody else who applied in 2010 for parents sponsorship would like to share their timeline and experience? Also if they have any question are welcome.
I have applied in July 2010 and still waiting for further communications for CIC. :(

I can see that most of the applicant who applied before April 2010 has already got document request in somewhere around August 2013 last year and it has been almost 5 moths and I am still waiting for that. I hope that CIC will expedite the process. :mad:

Thanks for starting new thread of 2010 applicant.

2010applicant

Feb 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Aug 2013
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
Jun 2014
Med's Done....
Jul 2014
Passport Req..
22 Dec 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 7th, 2015
mehuls said:
I have applied in July 2010 and still waiting for further communications for CIC. :(

I can see that most of the applicant who applied before April 2010 has already got document request in somewhere around August 2013 last year and it has been almost 5 moths and I am still waiting for that. I hope that CIC will expedite the process. :mad:

Thanks for starting new thread of 2010 applicant.
You are welcome. yes they are only processing applications prior to May 2010. your turn should come soon. i am anticipating march/april should kick in another round of applicants. If you see the pattern last year, they had two rounds in 2013.

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
Suin said:
it was just the confirmation that Mississauga had received the documents requested.
One more question - in my profile, what should I write into Visa office? I only submitted my application July 2010 and still waiting for further communications - Should I write New Delhi, Mississauga OR Ottawa?

mehuls

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Mar 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 2015
Med's Request
Nov 2015
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Passport Req..
Apr 2016
2010applicant said:
You are welcome. yes they are only processing applications prior to May 2010. your turn should come soon. i am anticipating march/april should kick in another round of applicants. If you see the pattern last year, they had two rounds in 2013.
Thank you for prompt reply. I hope it will come soon.