March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
psAug2010 said:
did you receive the Sponsorship approval via e-mail?
Yes, it was sent to my husband (the sponsor). The letter states the sponsorship approval, file transfer, and medical instruction all in one letter.

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
first_generation said:
Yes, it was sent to my husband (the sponsor). The letter states the sponsorship approval, file transfer, and medical instruction all in one letter.
Thank you.
Our timeline is close to your husband's. We should be getting the SA anytime soon :)

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
Hello everyone...below is my timeline.

Application Received by CIC - Aug 26 2010.
Request for PR Forms - Aug 14 2015
Email for File Transfer from Mississauga to London Office and Medical Request - Apr 28 2015
Medical Submitted - May 27 2015

Just wondering if anyone know how much longer will it take from now? we never submitted a police certificate for my parents and the last letter didn't ask for one either...it just wanted the right to PR fee and medical exam.

Cheers

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
Hi Guys,

Medical was done from Ludhiana, India and not Canada.
I got my Sponsorship approval on Feb 9 medical request on may 11 and submit the medical on may 16
cic recieved the medical results on may 28th.

I guess the next step will be Passport request..are there any more steps before that?
Please let me know the procedure and timeline for the same.
I saw in the spreadsheet no one recently got the request of passport submission.

Thanks,

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
psAug2010 said:
Thank you.
Our timeline is close to your husband's. We should be getting the SA anytime soon :)
Hopefully you get your SA soon. Best wishes to our applications!

Can_pk

May 28, 2015
Hey all,

I have been lurking in the background on this forum for few days, and looking for some advice.

My in-laws just received the passport request last night. However their son (dependent) is in Canada studying on student visa at this time. I am trying to understand how his passport will be processed for visa. I will be emailing CIC to find out the process for him.

Would appreciate if anyone can share their same experience

Office - Islamabad
Date applied = June 2009
Started processing application on March 2, 2015
Medical completed = April 2015
Passport request = May 28, 2015

thanks

preet202

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2010 (parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
10-12-2014
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
18-06-2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2015
zauber99 said:
Hi preet202,
I am waiting for official request. Cross fingers to all of us!
Today I called cic to know who got SA LETTER with upfront medical, the call centre person told me it's a medical request, anyone received that letter can check back with them,may be someone got the different answer.

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
gaur84 said:
Hi Guys,

Medical was done from Ludhiana, India and not Canada.
I got my Sponsorship approval on Feb 9 medical request on may 11 and submit the medical on may 16
cic recieved the medical results on may 28th.

I guess the next step will be Passport request..are there any more steps before that?
Please let me know the procedure and timeline for the same.
I saw in the spreadsheet no one recently got the request of passport submission.

Thanks,
Just wait for 3 months till then your case almost going to final ...!! I have same case like uh same dates we done medicals from
Ludhiana...now they pick ur file in next two months ...and work alomst 2-3 months ..so total tym it will take to make descion made is 5 months

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Guys its been 6 months and we have not received our medical should we call them and ask them?

Clark-EL

May 29, 2015
Hello,

I'm have been sponsoring my mother who is illegally staying in the US. It is now at the point where a medical check and additional docs are required by the CIC. I received a letter from CIC requesting for additional documents to be provided to them. One item I'm concerned about in particular:

Authorization to travel: evidence to show that you were legally admitted to the United States for 1 year.

My mom only had a 6 months visitor Visa when she went to the US and has overstayed for close to 20 years now. Question is, will I run into problems with her application if she can't show any evidence of staying in the US for at least a year. In this case, it was only a stamp on her passport that says she was given a 6 months visitor visa to the US.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
Clark-EL said:
Hello,

I'm have been sponsoring my mother who is illegally staying in the US. It is now at the point where a medical check and additional docs are required by the CIC. I received a letter from CIC requesting for additional documents to be provided to them. One item I'm concerned about in particular:

Authorization to travel: evidence to show that you were legally admitted to the United States for 1 year.

My mom only had a 6 months visitor Visa when she went to the US and has overstayed for close to 20 years now. Question is, will I run into problems with her application if she can't show any evidence of staying in the US for at least a year. In this case, it was only a stamp on her passport that says she was given a 6 months visitor visa to the US.
Because of your circumstances I think professional legal advice would be more beneficial to you rather than advice from this forum. My concern is your mother's current status in the US. I think on one of the forms it asks for your status in the country you apply from. If you had concealed her status when completing the application then that is misrepresentation and taken very seriously by the CIC as she has been overstaying for 20 years.
Best thing for you is to discuss your situation with an immigration lawyer who will be better qualified to provide the correct advise.
Hope things work out for you.

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
does any one know the mailing address for the London office? can i use to consular services address? The doctors in Pakistan have asked to mail some datasheet after they performed the medical. Cheers

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Clark-EL said:
Hello,

You DEFINITELY NEED TO TALK TO an immigration lawyer. Please don't waste your time trying to figure this out on your own. Put some money and get the right answer .

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Clark-EL said:
Hello,

I agree to the previous posts, you maybe better served by an immigration lawyer.

But I'm curious, did you choose US to process your mother's application? Because the one year requirement is usually the case if you choose to process her PR application in US instead of your home country. Anyways, I just hope you previously declared her current status in US so you will not be charge of misrepresentation.

On another note, I'd like to share similar experience by a close friend. Her case was 15 years overstayed in Japan. Though I'm talking about WP & not PR, her initial application was denied since there was no explanation given to her overstaying though was declared. The second application, she explained in details the said overstaying, and was given WP. So I believe as long as your honest and declare everything & your mom has no criminal record & other serious offence, there's still hope.

Again seek advise from the professional. Best wishes to your mom'a application.