+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
I am confused...can anybody please clarify?

When I received the email that the file had been transferred to the relevant office(London) and it further stated that medical and RFPR fees are the only thing missing and we should complete the upfront medical and submit to the office.

does that mean my parents should do the medical and send (like they did) or the should have waiting until the London office had contacted them to submit the medical?

The agent on the phone today said that i should have waited until the london office had contacted me.

any explanation is greatly appreciated as my parents were planning to visit in August and now we are not sure what to do....

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
sundusk said:
Guys its been 6 months and we have not received our medical should we call them and ask them?
Sorry to hear that sundusk. So the last correspondence you received 6 mos ago was file transfer? Was there no request even upfront medical with it? That's really dragging and I feel for you. Hope you receive it soon!

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
zauber99 said:
Hi there,
when you received the MR, what was the content of that request. Is it just simple letter or there is a special form (UFM) attached to it? They probably also have instruction where to send the results? Did this come from visa office?

As mentioned in few other posts by me and some others, our approval letters did not specify any timelines for medical, but also did not provide any forms and instructions on how to undergo it. I assume our 30 days will start once we receive an official MR from visa office.

Man, I am so worried about this whole process... :(
Sorry zauber99,

I just saw your question for me. To answer your question, the medical request received by my parents and dependents are specifically stated as medical request with forms IMM1017E attached that is needed to bring in the panel doctor.

Now recently my husband got email from cpc-m stating SA, file transfer and medical instruction . This time the medical is upfront unlike the one I received for my parents. By the way, so you're not confused, we both sponsored each our parents. Anyway, I'm not sure what the content of your letter, but as for my husband, cic mentioned 1) he met sponshorship eligiblity 2) file was transferred to our LVO and 3) requirement for medical exam: upfront either IMM1017B UPFRONT or E-medical upfront information sheet and to submit to our LVO or failure to do so will cause delay or possible refusal. Btw, either forms will come from the panel physician after the upfront medical is done.

So it's clear that his parents need to do medical exams, no need to wait for another instruction since cic already said upfront. We will have his parents do them next week.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
bangbangkhan said:
I am confused...can anybody please clarify?

When I received the email that the file had been transferred to the relevant office(London) and it further stated that medical and RFPR fees are the only thing missing and we should complete the upfront medical and submit to the office.

does that mean my parents should do the medical and send (like they did) or the should have waiting until the London office had contacted them to submit the medical?

The agent on the phone today said that i should have waited until the london office had contacted me.

any explanation is greatly appreciated as my parents were planning to visit in August and now we are not sure what to do....
Hi bangbangkhan,

I'm not sure exactly how your letter from cic, but check my previous post addressed to zauber99. It may have some information related to your experience.

Regards.

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
@Firstgeneration my timeline is almost same as yours exactly 3 dependents with parents but please tell me we recieved our SA in Nov 14 and since then no medical :/

bangbangkhan

May 28, 2015
first_generation said:
Hi bangbangkhan,

I'm not sure exactly how your letter from cic, but check my previous post addressed to zauber99. It may have some information related to your experience.

Regards.
i saw your post and i am in the same boat as you...the letter i received said that i have met the requirements and the case has been forwarded to the local visa office, which is London in my case. so we got the medical done any way and the clinic gave a one page for my mom and one page for my dad and told them to mail it to the processing center...is that how its suppose to be?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
bangbangkhan said:
i saw your post and i am in the same boat as you...the letter i received said that i have met the requirements and the case has been forwarded to the local visa office, which is London in my case. so we got the medical done any way and the clinic gave a one page for my mom and one page for my dad and told them to mail it to the processing center...is that how its suppose to be?
i believe that's correct. One thing I want to be clear, when you say "send to processing centre" that should be the LVO where your parents file was transferred and not the case processing centre. And include that letter received from cpc-m with the upfront med forms.

I will have my parents in law do them next week. Godspeed our applications!

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
sundusk said:
@ Firstgeneration my timeline is almost same as yours exactly 3 dependents with parents but please tell me we recieved our SA in Nov 14 and since then no medical :/
Sorry I wish I could tell you when, but my guess is as good as yours. In my case I got MR about 10 days after the SA. Hope soon you get yours too!

gaur84

Star Member
Jan 16, 2015
prince nijjar said:
Just wait for 3 months till then your case almost going to final ...!! I have same case like uh same dates we done medicals from
Ludhiana...now they pick ur file in next two months ...and work alomst 2-3 months ..so total tym it will take to make descion made is 5 months
thanks prince for letting me know..ya hopefully everything will be done in next couple of months now..

Clark-EL

May 29, 2015
Thanks for your response first_generation. I chose my/her home country to process her PR application. In fact, it has been in process for close to 5 years now. We also declared beforehand that she only had been given a 6 months visa to the US. That's why I'm a bit confused why the letter I got from CIC is asking for documents to prove she was legally approved to enter the US for at least a year when we have already made it clear on the PR application that it was approved for less than that.

Thanks again to everyone for their responses.

Happy face

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2010
Doc's Request.
July 2014
AOR Received.
Dec 1 ,2014
File Transfer...
Ottawa Feb 12 ,2015
Hi my parents got the Medicals done but they were not given any papers to be mailed. Is that a norm too?

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
Does medical request come in mail of the applicants or the one who is sponcering us?

mehul1568

Jan 5, 2015
I checked today CIC website and get "We started processing XYZ's application on May 14, 2015." :eek: what that means...how long my father have to wait to get email or medical request any one have this updated? :-[ anyone please advice...thank you.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Happy face said:
Hi my parents got the Medicals done but they were not given any papers to be mailed. Is that a norm too?
Yes, that's normal too if you received MR instruction with IMM1017E which you brought to the panel doctor at the time of med exam. After which the panel doctor will submit the result to cic directly. Those who received Emedical info sheet or IMM1017B UFRONT form from the panel doctor after having done the med exam are those whose instructions are to do upfront medical, which afterwards will need to be submitted to the LVO by the applicant himself/herself.

nitinbali60

Star Member
Jun 8, 2009
first_generation said:
Sorry zauber99,

I just saw your question for me. To answer your question, the medical request received by my parents and dependents are specifically stated as medical request with forms IMM1017E attached that is needed to bring in the panel doctor.

Now recently my husband got email from cpc-m stating SA, file transfer and medical instruction . This time the medical is upfront unlike the one I received for my parents. By the way, so you're not confused, we both sponsored each our parents. Anyway, I'm not sure what the content of your letter, but as for my husband, cic mentioned 1) he met sponshorship eligiblity 2) file was transferred to our LVO and 3) requirement for medical exam: upfront either IMM1017B UPFRONT or E-medical upfront information sheet and to submit to our LVO or failure to do so will cause delay or possible refusal. Btw, either forms will come from the panel physician after the upfront medical is done.

So it's clear that his parents need to do medical exams, no need to wait for another instruction since cic already said upfront. We will have his parents do them next week.

Hi first_generation,

Do you think people who got sponsorship approval earlier in January but didn't have upfront medical request can/should also go for upfront medicals ? I was thinking in worst case it will just expire after a year but getting it done now may make rest of the process faster. Please advice what you think on this?

Thanks