+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

darlingbrenda

Mar 18, 2015
first_generation said:
I tried checking my ecas today but how come I got this (see below)? I tried it 4 times with the same information as I usuaally did before... Anyone got any idea why? ???

Client Application Status
FAQ | Security
We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.

This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not yet begun processing it. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service to view the status of your application ONLY if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) may help you to access the status of your application through Client Application Status (CAS).
I'm having the same problem as you. I check my ecas everyday, until Friday it showed application received. But since yesterday Monday April 6th, 2015, nothing is available. Not sure what happened?

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Applied 2010 said:
Hi
Today, I use PR to check my ecas status and then also problem as u. :(
You too...hmmm...I'm not sure what to think....but I hope it's happening only because they're currently updating our sponsorship files...

I haven't called cic to ask... Can't find which number to call for status update...

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first_generation said:
You too...hmmm...I'm not sure what to think....but I hope it's happening only because they're currently updating our sponsorship files...

I haven't called cic to ask... Can't find which number to call for status update...
Hi
You can contact call centre of CIC on 1-888-242-2100 between 800 AM to 400 PM from Monday to Friday for status and progress of PR Case file. Before dialing you must have all details of application i.e any one of these three but preferable client id number viz Client ID number or Receipt Number(IMM5401) or Immigration file number/application number

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
michelv said:
Hi
You can contact call centre of CIC on 1-888-242-2100 between 800 AM to 400 PM from Monday to Friday for status and progress of PR Case file. Before dialing you must have all details of application i.e any one of these three but preferable client id number viz Client ID number or Receipt Number(IMM5401) or Immigration file number/application number
Thanks a lot michelv!

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
Received on 23 Jan 2015 (Letter dated 13 Jan 2015)
File Transfer...
On March 31, 2015 Singapore
first_generation said:

Hi first_generation

After yesterday I got problem as u, today I check it again and my ecas change Sponsorship Application Status received to decision made.
I click on decision made and I saw that:

1. We received your application to sponsor NNNNNN on June 15, 2010.

2. We sent you a letter on March 31, 2015 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But on other column : Permanent Residence Application Status is the same before is Application Received.
So is it a good or bad news?

Thank you

zeeshah

Nov 8, 2014
angelikamariae said:
Hi zeesha.
Is this AOR sent by emal or by post?? What is the email address of them when they send messages? I want to double check my maisl and be sure i didnt miss anything :(. I called them and easy like that he said "you should have received the AOR, i am zending a message to missisaga, please call back in one month"!!!!!! So easy for them to make you wait one more month. :((

Please let me know.
Thanks
Angelica
AOR is sent by Mail ( Mostly). The Email address is what is on your file, when you call CIC the first thing they do they confirm your address and E-mail that they have on file. When did you submit your documents? AOR usually comes within 10 Weeks of Document received.

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied 2010 said:
Hi first_generation

After yesterday I got problem as u, today I check it again and my ecas change Sponsorship Application Status received to decision made.

2. We sent you a letter on March 31, 2015 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

But on other column : Permanent Residence Application Status is the same before is Application Received.

Thank you
Hi First Gen
Congrat for approval of sponsorship. As per you if CIC vide letter 31.3.2015 says decision made on your application means approval of sponsorship. You must che3k your email as approval of sponsorship is always conveyed in attached letter. In case you have not yet received email pl contact them immediately to resend the email. Wish early process of remaining steps. Once again congrat for reaching second stage of PR.

chotis

Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
19-03-2015
Med's Request
29-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-09-2015
You need to put the inforamtion of the primary application. Did you by accident check the box which said " do not display my information online ?"

amitP

Jan 8, 2015
Guys, check your spam folder if you have not received email from CIC. In my case i found the email sitting in spam folder:)

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Applied 2010 said:
Hi first_generation

Thank you
Yes! Me too! I just checked... DM letter sent March 31...Hopefully that's good news!

michelv

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
first_generation said:
Yes! Me too! I just checked... DM letter sent March 31...Hopefully that's good news!
Hi First Gen
In Canada process of PR application has two major stages(steps) First relates to Sponsor hence upto approval of sponsorship all correspondence or action is required to be completed by the sponsor and the second stage is after approval of sponsorship that relates to the applicant. On such basis and first column you might have seen decision made i.e decision on sponsorship and after clicking on Decision Made we get the details of decision viz application received and approval. Now second column pertains to the Applicant(s) for medical, PCC &lastly submission of Passport. If Applicant happen to contact CIC on customer service CIC will not share details of sponsor person and will advise to strict to the applicant portion. In view of above I hope every thing is clear . In case you have not received email containing approval you must contact the CIC helpline 1-888-242-2100 between 8 AM to 4 PM Mon-Fri. Last month our one forum member contact them and requested for sending email again as hi emailid was not working then he immediately got the approval email. Rest it depends upon you. Wish you completion of second stage at the earliest.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
michelv said:
Hi First Gen
In Canada process of PR application has two major stages(steps) First relates to Sponsor hence upto approval of sponsorship all correspondence or action is required to be completed by the sponsor and the second stage is after approval of sponsorship that relates to the applicant. On such basis and first column you might have seen decision made i.e decision on sponsorship and after clicking on Decision Made we get the details of decision viz application received and approval. Now second column pertains to the Applicant(s) for medical, PCC &lastly submission of Passport. If Applicant happen to contact CIC on customer service CIC will not share details of sponsor person and will advise to strict to the applicant portion. In view of above I hope every thing is clear . In case you have not received email containing approval you must contact the CIC helpline 1-888-242-2100 between 8 AM to 4 PM Mon-Fri. Last month our one forum member contact them and requested for sending email again as hi emailid was not working then he immediately got the approval email. Rest it depends upon you. Wish you completion of second stage at the earliest.
Yup michelv I understand, but I appreciate you taking time to explain so as to avoid confusion...
I'm just glad that it's moving now... I will definitely call that number tomorrow to request for the email coz the DM tab only says letter sent on march 31, but I have not received any either paper mail or email, while the PR column has not changed -still says application received... Thanks again!

Just looking forward for more good news as the days pass....
To God be the glory!!!!

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
first_generation said:
Hi

Have u written ur email on application or not?

Keep in touch if u received letter from them.

thanks

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
Applied 2010 said:
Hi

Have u written ur email on application or not?

Keep in touch if u received letter from them.

thanks
Hi Applied 2010. Yes I did write my email in the application.

I will try to call CIC tomorrow as advised by michelv and hopefully they will email me sponsorship ?approval? letter similar to the other forum member...Will let you know...

Applied 2010

Star Member
May 12, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2010
Doc's Request.
30 July 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
michelv said:
Hi First Gen
Hi michelv

When I submitted my doc in mid Oct 2015 I also wrote my Hotmail on form IM0008. I have some question to ask u that:
If CIC sent letter approval via mail, so do they send letter to my home country address or Canada address?

Thank in advance