August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
soonihope said:
Hope you get your visa before end of this year.
Thanks, soonihope :)

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Our local visa office was quick and responded immediately.
They asked us to mail the PCC by register post or hand-over directly at the office.

AKALPURAKH

Sep 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
may2010
Doc's Request.
sep2014
File Transfer...
2016mar
Med's Request
aprl 2016
Med's Done....
aprl16
design made from a month ago.but no any news abt design

noumanliaqat

Jul 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2010
Doc's Request.
august 2014 and 2nd request docs july 2016
File Transfer...
August 2016
anwar01 said:
Hi Experts,

I would like to ask one question regarding parents sponsorship applied in June 2010. Processing started in November 2015. 1st Doc request March 2016, Additional document request received in April 2016. Medical done and received by CIC on 20th August 2016. E-CAS status is medical recieved and application is in progress as of today. Please let me know that how much time they will take for passport request or decision made.

Thanking you in anticipation.

hi

i sponsored my family in july 2010. my file is moved in london visa office in august, they asked me about my some addition information
1-update schedule A form
2-addition family form
3-update passport copies
4-update the evidence of dependent children

and now when i checked my E Case status its shows

name decision made in process
xxx xxx we start processing ur application 18 august 2016

but i did not get medical and police clearance request

plz check ur application status and let me know about ur case

and one more question did they asked u about addition information that i submit

thank u

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
i recommend to look and read this link, your blood would boil (sorry for saying that), while we are waiting folks from 2016 are having their Parents PR being issued.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-help-pcc-requested-for-a-country-my-parents-never-visited-t456924.0.html#new

Quote from: kcdasoju on October 13, 2016, 05:37:21 am

while you parents were working in UAE did they visit China for some training and stayed there for more than 6 months?

or it might be an error, best thing you could do is call them or send them an email. or do both of them and make sure you send the same request via canada post (hard copy )

OK. I will email them back and call them too today to clarify. Do I need to request for hard copy? Most of the communication is through emails these days I believe.

Quote from: kcdasoju on October 13, 2016, 05:37:21 am
out of curiosity

When did you apply for Parents Sponsorship (i.e. in which year?): 2016

1. When did you submit all the Additional Documents? This is the first time they have asked for any docs

2. When did they approve your sponsorship Application? I believe in August

3. At which VISA office is your parents PR being processed? CPC Ottawa - I am in Canada and is acting as rep for my parents

4. after how many days did you receive Medical and PCC request after you file was transferred to Local VISA office About 7 months I believe

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Does anyone know when the status of "a background check is needed" will change from "not started" to "in progress"?
How long after PCC submission?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
People are also waiting for Secondary review to renew their PR cards and also getting the answer there is NO TIME LINE . I thought it was only for PGP

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Candavisa+pending+review+secondary+review

kcdasoju

Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
20-12-2016
Med's Done....
31-12-2016
psAug2010 said:
Does anyone know when the status of "a background check is needed" will change from "not started" to "in progress"?
How long after PCC submission?

I am sorry to say this, but its all GOD's grace when it comes to 2010 and 2011 applicants.

i am from 2011 batch and got Sponsorship approval on 7th July 2016, folks who were just one month ahead of me with identical family size and same local Visa office got PCC request and Medial with in 45 days from the Sponsorship approval date.

but in my case its three months (90 days) i have not received any communication from Ottawa Office yet.

in the past what i understood that every step is about 45 to 60 days, but its not true any more and there is no time line any more for old folks
(note this is my observation only, writing out of frustration)

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Another day of wait :)

I believe life is struggle.We all here had some time in past, tried to escape from that struggle (by deciding that our country of Origin is NOT good for some reason) . But problems again chasing us. So "life is struggle" we have to believe that. So to fight, "I think we have to wait with patience and ready to face it, with whatever the decisions/outcome is, and also ready to fight against the decision if we don't like.

I am saying "wait", because I believe, I have already tried all other options for requests (Only Prime Minister is left. But Another forum (PR card secondary review) has already tried that with no avail.)

This past week, I went to MP Office and told her, it is 7th year i am waiting. She said "People here are with 10 years and more, why you are worried". I can't even believe that how a Canadian MP can say that?. Then next minute, I thought , It was my mistake to leave my OWN country. If I have to fight against MP or other system here, why I should not fight there(In country or Origin)? . Fight against corruption etc. I stopped my self and did not said more, Otherwise MP may be end up calling Police or so. Yes, i was frustrated and mad. :) . I told MP Office "Please do not contact CIC for me. Thank you very much for help"

Can any one believe that, We need permission from some one to live with our own Widow Mother/parents ? . But We choose all this for ourselves. Again be patient and wait, that is the only option i can think off. This is also a fight :)

Some time, I thought just to visit CPC - Mississauga office around 4 PM to 5 PM and wait outside, if any Officer/Agent, I can find and "request" him/her to process my file faster or even look at it if it is there and NOT lost LOL :) . This is very good option in many other countries e.g India . But I leave that country many many years ago. But still thinking some time, what about go back and live there. It is never too late and good to correct the mistake in this life. :) . We leave our own parents, at time when they need us most. My father never attend any school but he told me when he was alive, And I bet no university will teach you that "When a person get older, he/she becomes (mind start thinking) like a Child. Old person needs care, does not matter about health. Older people feels secure when their loved ones (kids/grand kids) are around". We will learn all this when we would be older. yes ! we would be older in coming years and we would feel. If university could have tought that then university graduates would have been living with parents. Not leave their parents in old age homes or left for another country. We (at least me) did a great mistake so have to correct. Sorry for my emotions here. I know many of you did not like what i said.

Seriously, Only option, I can think of is go to court. I think it needs a good lawyer and I don't have that money yet. May be one day :) . If anyone knows other option please let me know.

or

Just wait with patience
wait with patience

There are so many other people they are doing this. Waiting with patience. That is our bad luck, as I had mentioned before, unofrtunately we have only that option left. If any one know another please let me know

Thanks and have a another good day :).

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Was reading more posts and my GCMS notes. In GCMS notes under SPONSOR ELIGIBILITY title is Due Date: that is exactly date one year from the date it had started processing.I am not sure if this is applicable to applications in "Pending Review/Secondary Review" or it is for applications for regular processing time

I had talked one user whose application took one year another's took 15 months to complete Pending review. Mine is in 14th months :) waiting. It is from date of "start processing"

On another post a user was saying about CIC

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/secondary-review-petition-t399342.210.html

"I do believe in 2013, the conservatives revisited the rules on PR card renewals and made it onerous and gave officials a blanket cover to push applications and put them on the backburner for anything they deemed 'not straightforward'."

I fully agree with that user. I believe it is not only for PR card renewal, it is for every immigrant( for every application)

I did not heard and found pending review files before. It seems it was new rule from the Conservative Govt to slow down applications process. Seems, not many people knows about this. Of-course "Red Party" also had supported conservative to do all this. Now this Red party may have done some good, but not much taking about the worst done by "blue party"

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Kml boparai said:
Applied....april 2011
Additional documents....aug. 2014
File transfered....oct. 2016 to new delhi

Please give me any further guesses for medical request nd passport request.

Thanks....
Hi Kamal,

Thank you very much for sharing. I Was checking your old posts. Seems your file was also in Pending Review. You file start processing in April 2015. What day you got "Decision Made"? Seems this September or October?

My files start Processing August 2015, So mine would be in November or December . Lets see :). I check CIC website 4 to 6 times a day to know about decision made. Crazy hain!

If any one has more information. Please share

Thanks

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
I have 3 questions which I hope somebody here can answer for me:

1. Approximately how long does it take for a new immigrant before he/she can sponsor his/her parents for Canadian PR?

2. Approximately how long does it take the parents to get their PR after their child initiates their application?

3. Can younger siblings who have come of age be sponsored for PR?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
DamhaSirah said:
I have 3 questions which I hope somebody here can answer for me:

1. Approximately how long does it take for a new immigrant before he/she can sponsor his/her parents for Canadian PR?

2. Approximately how long does it take the parents to get their PR after their child initiates their application?

3. Can younger siblings who have come of age be sponsored for PR?
1. You need 3 years of Income (with Proof Notice of assessment or Option C , NOT T4 etc.) as per LICO+30% to apply. e.g if you want to apply in January 2017 you need NOA/Option C for 2013, 2014, 2015

2. I heard they are processing cases very fast, One of my friend applied in January 2016 and his parents got medical request. Not everybody is fast, but i think average time around 2 years in coming years (It is just a guess). I have applied in June 2010 even waiting for First phase to complete :(

3 question is not clear, Dependents are eligible if under age of 19 and unmarried ( no common law partner)

I am NOT CIC consultant, just sending information as per my knowledge from here and there

Thanks

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Thank you for the response. +1 to you.

I have one more question: do parents get the same benefits as other PR holders/citizens once they come to Canada on sponsorship? As in, can they become citizens and have Canadian passports after fulfilling the permanent residency requirement of living 3 years in Canada?

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
DamhaSirah said:
Thank you for the response. +1 to you.

I have one more question: do parents get the same benefits as other PR holders/citizens once they come to Canada on sponsorship? As in, can they become citizens and have Canadian passports after fulfilling the permanent residency requirement of living 3 years in Canada?
Yes, You are going to sponsor parents. During this Sponsorship process, parents will file request for PR. So if child Of parents (you) are Eligible to sponsor AND parents are eligible then parents and their eligible dependents (e.g kids younger than 19 etc) becomes PR. Of-course they are PR and will treated as PR . After that they can apply for citizenship

Thats why govt made it more difficult for parents to sponsor e.g I had applied in June 2010 and still waiting. But who applied in 2014/15/16 are being processed faster