+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2010 Parents sponsorship applicants join here

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
My friend don't worry and don't apply for it again.
I was also from the 2010 batch and my file was in an additional review or something for over a year. Just think month I got the notification from the CIC that my sponsorship has been approved and file has been sent to London visa office. I can totally understand as this is very frustrating and trust me when I say this I was in the same boat as you until 15 days ago.
I suggest you to wait and be patient there is nothing we can do about it. I will make pray for your case.

Hope every one is doing well :)

Sorry , if i have posted my questions in wrong forum. If so please point me to correct one so that i can send it there.

I had applied for my Parents sponsorship in June 2010. Still My application is in Process. Even did not passed the phase to check my eligibility as a sponsor. My application is in Pending review. I had visited MP office, Minister of Immigration and also sent ATIP request to know how much time it would take to complete this Pending review. No one has any answer except,
"Every application is different so when application is in Pending Review there is no time line" and strange to know that CIC is not liable to answer that question. CIC is not answerable to any one. There is no way i can find this? It is really really sad :( . How that can happen?. At least at the moment, I could not think much except re-apply and I have questions about that

I am thinking to file again a Brand New application in Jan 2017 for my mother's sponsorship, because newer applications are being processed quicker. To file a brand new application, I have to meet LICO+30% for 2013,2014 and 2015. I have a question about this new Process

One of my Kid is going to COMPLETE 19 Years of age (born Dec 1997, Not married, Studying in University and Physically and Mentally healthy) at the END of December 2016. I was reading the definition of dependent on CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772etoc.asp#child

"TYPE 1
The child is under the age of 19 and is single (not married and not in a common-law relationship).

TYPE 2
The child is 19 years of age or older and has been financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 19 due to a physical or mental condition."

Question 1: From the definition above, my understanding is that, my kid is NOT dependent on me and/or my spouse anymore. So while filing application for mother's sponsorship, I can exclude my this Kid from list of dependents , as he is going to cross 19 years of age at the end of December 2016. I should calculate my income excluding this child. Is this understanding of mine is correct?

Question 2: If I am filing the second application , then there would be TWO applications for my mother's sponsorship, Old and this new one. I believe at some point (when both applications are in process) CIC would give me choice to choose one application to proceed with and withdraw the other one. Is this understanding of mine is correct?

Question 3: In future (January 2018), I may be sponsoring my spouse's parents, Can I do that without any issue as long as i meet the Income and other requirements?. I can not apply for them now because of my income limitation

Question 4: I know there is question in the application form, did you still in undertaking of previous sponsorship? Should i select that as Yes or NO? . Technically, i am under undertaking for my mother's previous application but logically it is same , so i am not. Any idea?

Question 5: Is it even possible to apply for second application when the previous in not completed yet? What can be pro and cons of applying the second application

Any suggestions, comments ?

Thank you very much in advance

[/quote]

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
quresa1 said:
My friend don't worry and don't apply for it again.
I was also from the 2010 batch and my file was in an additional review or something for over a year. Just think month I got the notification from the CIC that my sponsorship has been approved and file has been sent to London visa office. I can totally understand as this is very frustrating and trust me when I say this I was in the same boat as you until 15 days ago.
I suggest you to wait and be patient there is nothing we can do about it. I will make pray for your case.

Hope every one is doing well :)
Hi quresa1,

Thank you very much for your great suggestion. You are right , i should not reapply, but It was the feeling that we have no option. It is been like this in 7th years. And answer from every office (MP, CIC, Minister of Immigration) is we have no time limit.

Still i could not understand , how any office can say that? we paid the processing fee. We paid for services. How any consumer laws did not apply on this office? may be some one knows that?

Since when your application was in Pending review? How much time it took to complete? one year? 11 months?

Thanks

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
You can not do anything about it. We are very helpless all I got for an answer was there is no time limit, which is beyond pathetic. My file was in review for almost a year and a half, my suggestion for you is to wait you have waited 7 years I am sure another 3 months wont make much of a difference. Don't contact any one and let CIC make a call.
I will pray the answer goes in your favor and you are reunited with your family.

Regards,
Ali

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
quresa1 said:
You can not do anything about it. We are very helpless all I got for an answer was there is no time limit, which is beyond pathetic. My file was in review for almost a year and a half, my suggestion for you is to wait you have waited 7 years I am sure another 3 months wont make much of a difference. Don't contact any one and let CIC make a call.
I will pray the answer goes in your favor and you are reunited with your family.

Regards,
Ali
Thank you very much for help and pointing to right direction.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi Experts,

I would like to ask one question regarding parents sponsorship applied in June 2010. Processing started in November 2015. 1st Doc request March 2016, Additional document request received in April 2016. Medical done and received by CIC on 20th August 2016. E-CAS status is medical recieved and application is in progress as of today. Please let me know that how much time they will take for passport request or decision made.

Thanking you in anticipation.

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
Hi Anwar,

Do you mind telling me how long did it took for the medicals from the time your file was sent to London office.
My file was sent to London this month. I am just trying to figure out as to how long will it take for the medical requests, also was there any other documents requests before medical or just straight medical.
I applied for my parents in Sep 2010 .

Regards,
Ali

anwar01 said:
Hi Experts,

I would like to ask one question regarding parents sponsorship applied in June 2010. Processing started in November 2015. 1st Doc request March 2016, Additional document request received in April 2016. Medical done and received by CIC on 20th August 2016. E-CAS status is medical recieved and application is in progress as of today. Please let me know that how much time they will take for passport request or decision made.

Thanking you in anticipation.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
quresa1 said:
Hi Anwar,

Do you mind telling me how long did it took for the medicals from the time your file was sent to London office.
My file was sent to London this month. I am just trying to figure out as to how long will it take for the medical requests, also was there any other documents requests before medical or just straight medical.
I applied for my parents in Sep 2010 .

Regards,
Ali
Hi Ali,

My parents file was transferred in November 2015 and they asked for Medical in end of March 2016. After almost 6 months! In Between they asked for documents twice as 1st time we missed some of them. I have heard from people that London visa office is taking around 4 to 6 weeks to ask for passport after medical received. its been 5 weeks and we are still waiting!!!

Lets Hope for the best!!!!

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
psAug2010 said:
We have now submitted all the required documents through MyCIC except PCC.
For PCC, we have just submitted the evidence that we applied for PCC. That's what they mentioned in the document request letter.
Now, we have to wait for another request from them to submit the PCC.
Once we receive the police clearance certificates, can we email them to the local visa office or do we have to wait for their request?
Please advise.

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
Thank-you Anwar.

May Allah reunites you with your parents in Canada and all of us who are waiting in line.

anwar01 said:
Hi Ali,

My parents file was transferred in November 2015 and they asked for Medical in end of March 2016. After almost 6 months! In Between they asked for documents twice as 1st time we missed some of them. I have heard from people that London visa office is taking around 4 to 6 weeks to ask for passport after medical received. its been 5 weeks and we are still waiting!!!

Lets Hope for the best!!!!

quresa1

Feb 28, 2012
Guys is there any body in this thread who is aware of any such case where parents were Hepatitits positive and still granted visa.
My parents files has been sent to London Visa office and I think in 6 months I will get their medical request. I am concerned as I read everywhere its been treated case to case basis. My parents are healthy with no immediate medical needs but as you know this virus stays in the blood. Both my parents are hepatitis positive
As a precaution I have asked my parents to get full treatments starting this month so by the time it reached the medical we can notify the doctor that they have been treated fully and wont require any immediate treatment. Its a 4-5 month process for this treatment as their are many advanced medicines who technically makes the virus dead in the blood stream and wont cause any issue. But still it will show in the initial blood tests.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Ali

Jaskirat2014

Sep 10, 2016
Hi, my mother got ppr on sept 28 , I send her medical and PC report in May ,but they did not update on ecas then I send email to Ottawa and asked them if they got her medical and pcc . After my email thy update medical on ecas .after that on sept 6 I send another email to check how long it will take to process her application . After one week ecas changed to decision made . But they did not send her ppr . On sept 28 12:30 pm I send another email after one hour they send her ppr email so sending emails to cpc Ottawa was worth for me.

jiya123

Jun 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
Doc's Request.
02-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-11-2015
Med's Request
19-12-2015
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
19-04-2016
Jaskirat2014 said:
Hi, my mother got ppr on sept 28 , I send her medical and PC report in May ,but they did not update on ecas then I send email to Ottawa and asked them if they got her medical and pcc . After my email thy update medical on ecas .after that on sept 6 I send another email to check how long it will take to process her application . After one week ecas changed to decision made . But they did not send her ppr . On sept 28 12:30 pm I send another email after one hour they send her ppr email so sending emails to cpc Ottawa was worth for me.

Hi there, can you provide me the email address...thank you..and good luck with everything...:)

Jaskirat2014

Sep 10, 2016
Hi my processing centre was Ottawa .they send me email for medical .i was reply on the same email .may be that's way they were responding to my every email.

psAug2010

Jan 7, 2014
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
August 2014 Doc's request for reassessment: March 2016
AOR Received.
February 2015
File Transfer...
April 6, 2016 PCC & Doc's request: August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Request
August 2016 & October 2017
Med's Done....
September 2016 & November 2017 PCC submission: October 2016 & November 2017 Background check: In Progress since Dec 21,2016
Passport Req..
February 19, 2018, Passports Submitted: February 22, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
February 28, 2018, Received: March 5, 2018
Just submitted PCC copies via case specific inquiry to local visa office.
And asked how they want us to submit the originals.

Hoping to receive a response very soon.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
psAug2010 said:
Just submitted PCC copies via case specific inquiry to local visa office.
And asked how they want us to submit the originals.

Hoping to receive a response very soon.
Hope you get your visa before end of this year.