+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

JoeICXC

Apr 5, 2011
fadishek said:
yupeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
finaly my long wait came to an end
today I received my passport request. along side with settlement fund proof and fresh police clearance certificate.
I'm speechless right now, More details later...
good luck everybody.
congratulations.
At your estimate, how much time does it take for the package to be received once it is sent from Warsa?

cs5

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
News from the Iranian forum: Status of two applicants (one Jan 2005 and one Nov 2004) was changed to "decision made" twenty days after them sending in their passports to get visa stamped.

Both applicants sent in their update docs in Sept 2009, did medicals in Sept~Oct 2010 and received PPR in April 2011.

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Warsaw (originally Damascus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
cs5 said:
News from the Iranian forum: Status of two applicants (one Jan 2005 and one Nov 2004) was changed to "decision made" twenty days after them sending in their passports to get visa stamped.

Both applicants sent in their update docs in Sept 2009, did medicals in Sept~Oct 2010 and received PPR in April 2011.
This "decision made" does not mean rejection, does it? I guess it means that they've been issued visas 'cuz they were asked to send passports, right?

cs5

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diako said:
This "decision made" does not mean rejection, does it? I guess it means that they've been issued visas 'cuz they were asked to send passports, right?
Right, when you're at this stage it doesn't mean rejection, it means they will get their visas soon

So far the bad "decision made" instances = rejection I've heard of were people few months after sending their updated docs

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
cs5 said:
Right, when you're at this stage it doesn't mean rejection, it means they will get their visas soon

So far the bad "decision made" instances = rejection I've heard of were people few months after sending their updated docs
Now, the way I understand the situation, Warsaw is taking care of 2004 and 2005. It will sure have to come t 2006, or?

cs5

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diako said:
Now, the way I understand the situation, Warsaw is taking care of 2004 and 2005. It will sure have to come t 2006, or?
that's what I like to think too, in that forum the last medical request recorded was for a Dec 2005 applicant, his med request has came in Dec 2010
they'll surly start the next stage for 2006 applicants soon

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
If a Dec 2005 has his med's dispatched, then soon a Jan 2006 applicant should receive his meds.....Is it Ali or Dam2006 whom are Jan 2006, I don't remember and I don't wanna go through the old posts :p.....

BR

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
youskal said:
If a Dec 2005 has his med's dispatched, then soon a Jan 2006 applicant should receive his meds.....Is it Ali or Dam2006 whom are Jan 2006, I don't remember and I don't wanna go through the old posts :p.....

BR
I'm Feb 06. So, 2 more months to go for me!

LeEmperor

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Dear Youskal

I renewed my passport, do u think it is better to send them a copy of my passport now, or just wait till they ask for PPR?

Your help is highly appreciated it

BR

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
I think is better to send them new copy as soon as possible.

Regards,
Mayank

LeEmperor said:
Dear Youskal

I renewed my passport, do u think it is better to send them a copy of my passport now, or just wait till they ask for PPR?

BR

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
LeEmperor said:
Dear Youskal

BR

You asked youskal the question, but I want to share my thought, which you or any other member want to read.

I read in the regulations in the Australian government's immigration Website (I am also a July 2008 applicant for Australian immigration) that they asked the applicants not to send them any documents until further development took place in the processing of the applicant's file. It means, if next time they contacted the applicant, the applicant should state and provide documents of any change.

The above is a policy based on the idea that, when a file is not active, why should applicants keep sending documents, which will further burden the processing system. Therefore, once a file is active, they'll ask the applicant to state and document all changes at that point.

In the case of Canada, my understanding is that if a change significantly affects your file, such as divorce, marriage, childbirth, or even a higher educational degree or an IELTS report with better scores, then you should provide the docs immediately. However, a renewed passport is unlikely to affect your file. It is simply some routine details of the passport that the Canadian authorities need to know, such as passport number, the spelling of your name, etc.

Perhaps it would be reasonable to wait for PRR from Warsaw. Then, while providing the new passport, you can state the fact that it is a new passport, while providing copies of the previous passport and any relevant information, such as change of spelling of your name, city of birth or any other details.

I would like to ask youskal and any other well-informed and/or experienced member here if there has been any similar situation before and what was then the right thing for the applicant to do. After all, any of us may have a change of passport before Warsaw contacts us again.

LeEmperor

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Thank you Diako;
I got a similar answer from another immigration forum..
your answer is very helpful..

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
LeEmperor said:
Thank you Diako;
Please rate me "good" if you find my post good.

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LeEmperor said:
Thank you Diako;
usually, in the case of passport renewing, you need to inform them in the form of the colour copies of your new passport along with your medical results

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
armintaba said:
usually, in the case of passport renewing, you need to inform them in the form of the colour copies of your new passport along with your medical results
Has there been any similar case before? Is there any specific rule or previous announcement by Canadian Embassies in this respect?