Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diako said:
Has there been any similar case before? Is there any specific rule or previous announcement by Canadian Embassies in this respect?
There isn't any rule except that you are obliged to inform the visa office but no timeline is given.

I renewed my passport on Jan 2010 and sent them an email asking what to do, they (Damascus back then) replied that I should fax, email or post a copy of my new passport which I didn't because I heard update requests will be sent soon. I sent my new passport copy along with my updated documents in November 2010 and there wasn't any problem.

Now my wife renewed her passport last week. I'm just going to wait for the medicals and send it then.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
There shouldn't be a problem on when to send it, you can send it now, or wait for next correspondence to send it along, however, please note that medical results are not sent by you, but by the MEDICAL EXAMINER assgined by CIC.

I would send it as an attachement in a case specific email, most important is that the passport has more than 6 months validity once submitted to CIC upon their request.

I read an applicant post a while ago, where he sent his passport that had like 9 monhts validity, they were late to issue visa (sometimes it takes months where your passport is waiting with them), so when the validity was less than 6 months, they sent him back the passport requesting him to renew and send back, and it was totally their fault because they were late issuing.

BR

heaad

Aug 3, 2010
Dear friends, do you have any solid indication that Warsow office resumed processing of 2006 applications ? Or it is just guessing and quote from other forum !

Cheers

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Warsaw (originally Damascus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
heaad said:
Dear friends, do you have any solid indication that Warsow office resumed processing of 2006 applications ? Or it is just guessing and quote from other forum !

Cheers

I've not seen anyone saying that Warsaw has taken up 2006 applications, yet I've seen hopes expressed to this effect, especially since in the last few days some 2004 and 2005 applicants with Warsaw have received passport requests and their online status has changed to DECISION MADE. This has given us hope that, after the few 2005 applicants left, it will be our turn, 2006 applicants. This also shows that Warsaw has resumed activity.

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends,
Nothing has changed.
Couples of days ago I sent them an new document. Today I asked them by e-mail to confirm its reception, meanwhile I asked them when I should expect to receive medical instruction.
They confirm that they've receive my doc, and copied and pasted the famous "staggering visa reply" for second part of my inquiry.

We should wait and see what plan they have for old applications. With new ministerial/parliament instructions and visa plan for 2012, things would be much clear.
I personally think nothing gonna happen in 2011 since they have said there are larger inventories than visa quota for 2011.

BR

P.S. If anyone has received his/her CAIPS note please share its BFD time with us. thx

Diako

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Warsaw (originally Damascus)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-FEB-2006
Doc's Request.
04-JUL-2010
File Transfer...
28-APR-2010
Ali_hgh said:
Dear friends,
Nothing has changed.
Couples of days ago I sent them an new document. Today I asked them by e-mail to confirm its reception, meanwhile I asked them when I should expect to receive medical instruction.
They confirm that they've receive my doc, and copied and pasted the famous "staggering visa reply" for second part of my inquiry.

We should wait and see what plan they have for old applications. With new ministerial/parliament instructions and visa plan for 2012, things would be much clear.
I personally think nothing gonna happen in 2011 since they have said there are larger inventories than visa quota for 2011.

BR

P.S. If anyone has received his/her CAIPS note please share its BFD time with us. thx

When do you expect the new instructions and the visa plan to be issued?

I disagree with you that nothing has changed. We've been witnessing people receiving PPRs (passport requests). This means that they are acting. The fact, as you also imply, that they will not act without an instruction or plan shows that they already have received the instruction/plan, according to which they have been issuing PPRs. The logical conclusion, therefore, is that they will finish 2004 and 2005 and will get to 2006.

Also, we still have to figure out what 'stagger' exactly means. I talked to a friend of mine today, who is in Canada for 5 years at least, about the 'staggering' email that Warsaw has sent to me. He said that staggering means that they will give us visas throughout the year (i.e. 'stagger=drag on').

I agree with you that knowing about CAIPS will help and hope that somebody will share their CAIPS results here.

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
guys, when exactly they change the status to "Decision made", after they receive medicals? or after they send it? when exactly?

Hurry.visitor

Dec 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
April 2010
ok guys i got the answer,
and here it is if any one still don't know it.
its copied and pasted officially from the CIC site.

DECISION MADE
(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

Ali_hgh

Star Member
Feb 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Diako:
The immigration plan for 2011 was set on fall of 2010, so we should expect that they set new plan in fall of 2011. As I said earlier those who have received medical instruction are safe, and they are not on hold.
It is not because they love them and hate us! It is just because of money. The medical phase is one the most costly phases of immigration, and they don't want to do it for those who have gone through it.
The hold will be lifted when they dispatch new medical instruction for old applications. Reception of passport request for post Feb 2008 applicant does not imply negative nor positive sign for us, except I feel happy for those fellow applicants that they are finally at the last stage of the long journey.

BR

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Diako said:
Has there been any similar case before? Is there any specific rule or previous announcement by Canadian Embassies in this respect?
Dude, if you check the same iranian forum under the roughly same name of Diako( old pages) surely you are gonna find out that 2005 applicants have already done what I said

LeEmperor

Star Member
Oct 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
13-12-2010
Hurry

I sent the medical to the embassy, and i got an email from them that they have received them after i asked them. But still the status on CIC web site is in process.. so what does that mean?

BR

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
It does not mean anything at all, In most and almost every case I saw, the status would not change to "Decision Made" until after you receive the passport with the visa on it.

alb07

Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-sep-2013
Dear friends, I'm 2007 applicant and want to ask you about interviews. I visit this forum daily but didn't pay attention whether you've been asked to attend an interview or not. Pls I'd appreciate any help guys. On the other hand, I'm sure that CIC will contact u soon as this later is committed to make explanations for any change in letter-written timeline or mode of process. Pls b patient guys & just think how close have u been to the end & the advantages u will gain 4 the rest of ur life.

cs5

Star Member
Apr 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alb07 said:
Dear friends, I'm 2007 applicant and want to ask you about interviews. I visit this forum daily but didn't pay attention whether you've been asked to attend an interview or not. Pls I'd appreciate any help guys. On the other hand, I'm sure that CIC will contact u soon as this later is committed to make explanations for any change in letter-written timeline or mode of process. Pls b patient guys & just think how close have u been to the end & the advantages u will gain 4 the rest of ur life.
We don't have interviews.