+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2006 DAMASCUS APPLICANTS

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all I would like to congratulate to all my friends who have recently received the UL,

I have a few questions ,

1) The bank statement is in our own country unit, should it be converted into canadian dollar?

2) I have been in canada as a student years ago more than 6 months but I didn't get any police certificates, is it required?

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear All,
I hope you have gone through OAG audit House of Commons Committees .

I found certain points from which i expact Backlog clearance path by CIC will be clear in near future.

(1)Citizenship and Immigration Canada identify specific objectives by 30 September 2010 for

the next ministerial instructions issued under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

So there will new ministerial instructions by end of 30 Sept. I also found on other forum that CHC london replied to applicant to wait for theire decision becoz they are going to get new ministerial instructions .

(2) Since key provisions of the departments’ action plans are not scheduled to be implemented until December 2010 at the earliest.

So i belives that strong processing will be seen by the end of Dec. 2010 .

(3) RECOMMENDATION 4

That Citizenship and Immigration Canada provide to the Public Accounts Committee by 31 January 2011 its roadmap on the future of the immigration program.

So we can expact that we will get clear road map by the end of 2010.

(4) the implementation of GCMS internationally is scheduled to begin in June 2010, almost 10 years after the initial launch of the project. According to the OAG, as a result of the delays in implementing the system, employees in offices abroad are still burdened by paperwork and spend a great deal of time on clerical tasks.

During the Committee meeting, the Deputy Minister of CIC indicated that there is a “great expectation” for GCMS to allow CIC to manage its caseload more efficiently by making it possible for immigration cases to be processed from any office around the world using a single system.

so GCMS immplementation will help fast the processing of application .

Please share your thoughs.

Regards,

Mayank

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear all,

I am happy that you all are getting UL.

I want to know that is there any applicant whose application is done via Consultant & Got updation lettter via email from CHC ? Please let me know.

Awating your reply.

Mayank

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all I would like to congratulate to all my friends who have recently received the UL,

I have a few questions ,

1) The bank statement is in our own country unit, should it be converted into canadian dollar?

2) I have been in canada as a student years ago more than 6 months but I didn't get any police certificates, is it required?

Dam2006

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
hi,

no need to convert to Canadian currency in the statment
yes you do need a police certificate from Canada

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your help, but how can I get a police certificate from canada?

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Armintaba,

If you are not able at all to get a police certificate from canada, I heard about someone who was not able to get a police certificate from KSA, because they don't give it to him as long as he is not there anymore, so he wrote to CHC explaining, and they waived it for him.

BR

Dam2006

Star Member
Mar 10, 2010
hi armintaba,

I am afraid i dont know how to get it from Canada, but it is easy if you search in google or even contact the Warsaw embassy and they will advise you what to do

troga

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0721,4131&2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 10 /6 Oct 10
File Transfer...
April 25 ,2010
Med's Request
Aug 17,2011
Med's Done....
Sep 17,2011
Passport Req..
Nov 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov,17.2011
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2011
According to cic.gc.ca

How to obtain a police certificate
Canada
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian police clearance once your application is being processed.

troga

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0721,4131&2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 10 /6 Oct 10
File Transfer...
April 25 ,2010
Med's Request
Aug 17,2011
Med's Done....
Sep 17,2011
Passport Req..
Nov 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov,17.2011
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2011
Regarding police certificte for KSA
if u r inside KSA apply to Public security /crimina evidences department with a letter from local Canadian embassy and passprt and two photos
if u are outside KSA apply to KSA embassy with a letter from local Canadian embassy and passprt and two photos then they will send you to local police to get fingerprints and after that they will process

for more information check moi.gov.sa

troga

Star Member
Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
NOC Code......
0721,4131&2133
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2006
Doc's Request.
9 Sep 10 /6 Oct 10
File Transfer...
April 25 ,2010
Med's Request
Aug 17,2011
Med's Done....
Sep 17,2011
Passport Req..
Nov 8,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Nov,17.2011
LANDED..........
25 Dec 2011
I have prepared the following checklist based on "update letter "
I would like to share with you hoping it will be usfull for all of us
waiting for feed back and corrections if any

Check list
, 2010
File:

Introductiom
I. Copy of update letter
II. Please quote your file number, your e-mail address as well as your updated telephone & fax numbers, on all correspondence and on every document you send to us.

1) Completed application forms:
a) Newly completed and updated IMM8 generic and schedule 3 for the principal applicant.
b) Newly completed and updated schedule 1 for all applicants age 18 and over
Me
Spouse
c) Newly completed and updated additional family information forms for all applicants age 18 and over
Me
Spouse
d) Newly completed and updated “Use of A representative” form. (If applicable)
e) Newly completed and updated supplementary information forms for all applicants age 18 and over.
Me
Spouse

2) New Original police certificates for all applicants age 18 and over

Me :Jordan,Russia,Libya,KSA
Spouse:Jordan,Libya,KSA

3) A certified copy of all pages of your Military Service book or Military Service Certificate for all male applicants aged 18

Me only

4) Civil Status documents:
Civil status documents for ALL applicants issued by the relevant authorities:
Family Book ,
Marriage Certificate

5) Proof of language proficiency:
Original IELTS (all ready submitted)

6) Certified copies of all post-secondary diplomas and degrees for you and your spouse. Must be accompanied by official transcripts for each and every year of the program (Already submitted).

7) Detailed letters of reference from all past and current employers which clearly Susa institute
EG&G
detailed Curriculum Vitae.

8) For your relative in Canada (if applicable): Proof of (relationship / status in Canada / residency)

a) certified copies of official documents which show parents’ names, birth certificates, passports, etc. that prove your (or your accompanying spouse’s)

b) Please provide certified copies of official documents which show that your (or your accompanying spouse’s) relative in Canada is either a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen.

c) Please provide copies of documents which show that your (or your accompanying spouse’s) relative is currently residing in Canada. These can include documents such as income tax information or latest pay slips.

9) You must provide evidence of all the unencumbered transferable funds you have available funds.
a bank statement(s) showing all transactions for the last six months with a current balance at least equivalent to the minimum required funds.
Number of Family Members / Funds required
4 $20,599

10) For overage dependant:

11) Please provide
your full mailing address in Farsi or Arabic script (whichever is applicable) on 5 sticky labels (Your file number should appear on each label) and

in English on 1 sticky label.

include your phone number on the address label in order to facilitate mail delivery but the choice is yours.

12) Photos: Provide
four updated photos for yourself and each family member accompanying you to Canada.

armintaba

Aug 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding full mailing address in Farsi or Arabic script (whichever is applicable) on 5 sticky labels (Your file number should appear on each label) and

in English on 1 sticky label.

include your phone number on the address label in order to facilitate mail delivery but the choice is yours

SHOULD THE STICKY LABLES BE PUT IN THE ENVELOPE OR STUCK TO SOME DOCUMENTS?

hos

Star Member
May 5, 2010
hi everybody... if u have any inforamation please advise me. in application form Schedule 3 Item #11 is about work experienc in last ten years.I know that support documents should be send to visa office.but in Schedule 1 form ,It is asked for activities we have done since 18 years old.Should we submmit support ducuments? It seems almost impossible. immagine gathering ducuments for almost 30 years.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Hos,

For experience you should submit supporting documents.

For activities since 18 years old, only submit documents where feasible if you have them and where its good to have reference.

Activities since 18 usually are school and university and work, so you already submitted supporting documents regarding these one way or another.

For example, if during a certain period you traveled for a project, its good to submit a document that proves that during your trip you were executing a certain project.

It might not be mandatory, but it will support your claim and increase CHC trust in your file.

@armintaba: enveloppe is better, write on it the content.

@troga: thanks for the checklist

BR