+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year program-1 year work permit

Jai_s

Sep 12, 2022
Same here I have done 2 courses, each one is of one year from Durham College. So a total of 2 years of study I have done. And I just got one year of work permit. Can anyone please help me with what I can do next? Should I go for flagpoling will the visa officers rectify the work permit at Canada border services?

Nov 1, 2022
Don’t worry at all……..

Sometimes it could be an error made by an officer. I got only 1 yr PGWP even after doing 2 one year programs. I did some research and found out that it’s not new that they may make an error. I’ve read comments from 2012 and recently in 2022 my case. I got approval on Sept 29, 2022 and i applied on may 12, 2022. I was disappointed a lot when I saw I only got 1 yr work permit while all my other friends who did same 2 separate course of one year of each got 3 yrs. I called ircc, after 5 calls finally 1 was connected. I described my situation and officer asked me if I submitted all my transcripts and certificates. I said I submitted everything. She put me on a hold for 20 minutes and said it’s seems like an error from our end. She confirmed that i’ve submitted everything i supposed to. She said I will send an internal message to office and we’ll reconsider your application. She mentioned it may take upto four weeks. And finally today I got my new work permit for 3 years.

Please do not worry be patient when something like this happens. Do not hesitate to reach me out on (639) 533 4054 if you have any other questions or concerns. Let’s help each other decreasing the tensions related to IRCC processes.

nick95

Jan 18, 2023
Okay guys I faced the same situation in January 2023, I completed two 1 year Graduate certificate programs and I received a two year work permit instead of 3 years. I was fully shocked and couldn't sleep the day I got the notification from IRCC. The same day I called IRCC using their helpline number and after trying the whole day, I got connected to them. I told them that I received a 2 year work permit when I'm eligible to get a 3 year work permit and told them that all my friends who graduated from the same programs got a 3 year work permit. Then they held the call and checked my document and apologized that it might be a mistake from the officer and told that you the file will be sent for reconsideration and you should be receiving the updated work permit within a month. And I received three year work permit today! So guys only thing I want to tell is that if you're in the same situation just call IRCC.

YUTY

Jan 25, 2023
@nick95 I have been trying to connect not once have I been able to connect, can you suggest from what time should i start calling?
do you enter UCI every time?

Zohaib_tarrar20

Jun 10, 2020
Lahore
Category........
STUDY
Hi everyone, i had recently completed my 2 year diploma program in 2023 january and i applied my work permit on 31 january 2023 today at 9th may 2023 i got my work permit but it is valid only till 2024 july 19, why is that so, I was supposed to get a 3-year work permit but instead they gave me 1-year only! Has anybody else faced such situation too recently ? And how did you guys dealt with it?
any guidance will be very very appreciated
Thanks all