+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 year program-1 year work permit

Aju840

Apr 19, 2020
Hi there! I just got my Post Graduation Work Permit of 1 year only as I was expecting for three years. All my friends who did the same course got their work permit for 3 years and I got only 1 year. I am so stressed as I have spent lot of money on my school fee. Could you please help me in order to extend it to 3 years. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Konok keya

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi there! I just got my Post Graduation Work Permit of 1 year only as I was expecting for three years. All my friends who did the same course got their work permit for 3 years and I got only 1 year. I am so stressed as I have spent lot of money on my school fee. Could you please help me in order to extend it to 3 years. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
Why they give you one year? Is your passport expiring in 1 yr? If so after you will get your passport renewed you can apply for extension showing this reason

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

Aju840

Apr 19, 2020
Hi there, Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. My passport is expiring in 2029 still got 9 years to get expired. I don’t know why tbh with you. I don’t know what to do as I have tried calling them but their call centre is closed due to Covid-19 so I just raised a web form. I am very nervous right now what they will do either change it or not

abhi12333

Dec 2, 2020
Hi there, Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. My passport is expiring in 2029 still got 9 years to get expired. I don’t know why tbh with you. I don’t know what to do as I have tried calling them but their call centre is closed due to Covid-19 so I just raised a web form. I am very nervous right now what they will do either change it or not
hi, i have the same situation, i have done two year of study one year each but my work permit is for one year only.. please tell me what have you done with your work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi, i have the same situation, i have done two year of study one year each but my work permit is for one year only.. please tell me what have you done with your work permit.
What were the dates for each program? Officers gave you a permit based on one program.

abhi12333

Dec 2, 2020
What were the dates for each program? Officers gave you a permit based on one program.
first progam is from may 19 to dec 18 and second one is fro jan 20 to sept 20. can u please help. what can i do now what r my options.. im really terrfied.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
first progam is from may 19 to dec 18 and second one is fro jan 20 to sept 20. can u please help. what can i do now what r my options.. im really terrfied.
What schools and what programs?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
conestoga, project management ad global business management. why does that matter. and what is the solution
It does matter to ensure attended a DLI school. You didn’t fail any classes or take a break during the course, I assume. So you have 2 options:

• Submit a reconsideration request/webform: Need to show there was an error in the decisio. Did the officer make an error? Maybe, as eligibility never says “will receive” but ”should or may receive.” May not even be considered.
  • Submitt a new PGWP application with arguments and evidence to state your case as to why you are eligible for a 2 year PGWP.

What is your current status...visitor?

abhi12333

Dec 2, 2020
It does matter to ensure attended a DLI school. You didn’t fail any classes or take a break during the course, I assume. So you have 2 options:

• Submit a reconsideration request/webform: Need to show there was an error in the decisio. Did the officer make an error? Maybe, as eligibility never says “will receive” but ”should or may receive.” May not even be considered.
  • Submitt a new PGWP application with arguments and evidence to state your case as to why you are eligible for a 2 year PGWP.

What is your current status...visitor?
I have just send them web mail stating that i have studies for two years so i am eligible for three years pgwp and i also have sent them completion letter as well as unofficial transcript in which it is clearly mentioned that the program is one-one year each total of two programs.
Is that should be done ?or should I proceed in different way?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have just send them web mail stating that i have studies for two years so i am eligible for three years pgwp and i also have sent them completion letter as well as unofficial transcript in which it is clearly mentioned that the program is one-one year each total of two programs.
Is that should be done ?or should I proceed in different way?
That’s all you can do. While waiting you can apply for GCMS notes and you will see the officer’s notes. Hope for even two because website states “The length of the work permit should combine the length of each program.”

abhi12333

Dec 2, 2020
That’s all you can do. While waiting you can apply for GCMS notes and you will see the officer’s notes. Hope for even two because website states “The length of the work permit should combine the length of each program.”
I have called the immigration they said it seems like i have sent one year completion letter rather than two, but i am sure that i have send them two year completion letter, the agent also said there is no note by the officer so i guess they assumed that my study is for one year only...lets hope for 3 year work permit to come..what is gcms?

aayush1796

Dec 9, 2020
Hello everyone. I am in same situation of you guys. I did 2 courses first one was jan 19 to aug 19 other one from jan 20 to aug 20. I got my work permit yesterday only of 1 year. I clearly submitted the documents which showed i have done two courses here and in the visa application form also submitted the same information. I just spoke to cic agent over the phone and was informed that they only have 1 year of graduation documents in their record. I've submitted the webform stating this error and made and submitted a pdf too with it which shows I've done two courses here basically it contains the graduation letter and the transcript of both the courses i did. I am in very stressful situation can anybody advise me more on this as to what to do to correct this issue asap. And whether anybody here has corrected this issue successfully with CIC

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone. I am in same situation of you guys. I did 2 courses first one was jan 19 to aug 19 other one from jan 20 to aug 20. I got my work permit yesterday only of 1 year. I clearly submitted the documents which showed i have done two courses here and in the visa application form also submitted the same information. I just spoke to cic agent over the phone and was informed that they only have 1 year of graduation documents in their record. I've submitted the webform stating this error and made and submitted a pdf too with it which shows I've done two courses here basically it contains the graduation letter and the transcript of both the courses i did. I am in very stressful situation can anybody advise me more on this as to what to do to correct this issue asap. And whether anybody here has corrected this issue successfully with CIC
What are your graduation dates?

aayush1796

Dec 9, 2020
For the first one its end of aug 2019 and second one is around 5th September 2020 having started both the courses in jan