+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2 way courier-received OPR, Indian/SDS/Fall2020

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Hey I've received my Visa stamped on Passport yesterday. Picked up on 20th. Received Letter of Introduction on the same day itself in GCKey.
Visa validity is for 11 months for an 8th month program which seems less taking into account PGW of 1 year. Will have to extend it anyway now. I have no clue if this is the usual validity that they grant visas for.
Please share your VFS timeline (like the date you 1st sent an email, payment link, pickup etc).

gurpreetbal

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-09-2019
can anybody tell if they received any kind of confirmation from vfs sms/email after the passport reaches vfs global or when they process or send back?

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
Got passport request on 5th; instruction on 7th; emailed VFS on 11th; Sent pickup details on 16th; Paid on 19th; Pickup on 20th; Received back on 1st.
thanks for sharing; when did VFS respond to your first-ever email on passport submission? and then when did they send payment link after you sent full details?

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020
The email you receive from Delhi immigration titled 'PASSPORT SUBMISSION VIA 2-WAY COURIER SERVICE" which contains instructions on how to proceed. The email has a line in Bold that you must send this letter along with your passport.
I didn't receive that!!!
Seriously!!
1) steps mail (1 to 10 steps)
2)payment
3)AWB number
That's it

Reply soon pls

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020
The email you receive from Delhi immigration titled 'PASSPORT SUBMISSION VIA 2-WAY COURIER SERVICE" which contains instructions on how to proceed. The email has a line in Bold that you must send this letter along with your passport.
I didn't receive that!!!
Seriously!!
2)payment
3)AWB number
That's it & PICK UP is today

Reply soon pls

sohail350

Star Member
Oct 26, 2020
I didn't receive that!!!
Seriously!!
2)payment
3)AWB number
That's it & PICK UP is today

Reply soon pls
On Nov 13, the HC said in a tweet that anyone who gets a passport request may email VFS for passport submission. So, this old process of separate instructions from Delhi HC may not apply, and I think only PPR copy alongside courier form, consent form & passport should be okay.

rajkumar patel

Jan 9, 2020
On Nov 13, the HC said in a tweet that anyone who gets a passport request may email VFS for passport submission. So, this old process of separate instructions from Delhi HC may not apply, and I think only PPR copy alongside courier form, consent form & passport should be okay.
Yes
I think you're 110% right

xZI

Nov 20, 2020
Instruction letter is no more required