+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

Eric P

May 8, 2021
I tried everything, but still nothing, how about you what is your second vo? Did you call
Secondary office doesn't do anything, my understanding.
If you are resident in Ontario, Etobicoke office handles your landing
I tried everything too, my MP said its ok, no misstake, my case was not forgotten.
But I mean, why people approved recentlhy are getting their email and I am stucked.

Abhishek1681995

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Secondary office doesn't do anything, my understanding.
If you are resident in Ontario, Etobicoke office handles your landing
I tried everything too, my MP said its ok, no misstake, my case was not forgotten.
But I mean, why people approved recentlhy are getting their email and I am stucked.
Yes specifically i see this problem with Montreal vo and feb aor , don’t know they forgot our files or what

DDDDDDD

Jul 19, 2021
Guys I tried everything...
Emailed portal email several times, emailed MP, webform, every way mentioned here.
No response either way.
Hopeless:(
Any other way I can try?

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
FINALLY!!!!

I finally received the email from IRCC and can now access the portal. Many thanks to @klein and @Hopefulyyy. I contacted the portal department of both Ontario and general, and I received the email from Ontario agent.

I am confused about the IRCC portal though. Should I and my spouse both need to create separate portal as we have different portal credentials?
Next question is about the photo? Can I take a photo from my phone? If so, what are the specific requirements for photo?

Again, I am thankful to everyone in this group and especially @klein and @Hopefulyyy because thier solution finally cracked it for me.

Last edited:

sanju2021

Jan 15, 2021
Guys I tried everything...
Emailed portal email several times, emailed MP, webform, every way mentioned here.
No response either way.
Hopeless:(
Any other way I can try?
I suggest you email the portal department. It took me 9/10 tries, but I finally got it.

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
Yeah, I basically answered every day what they were asking in their mail. Confirming my info over and over :)
@mstefan Did you send them the same email everyday or you modify email title/ email content before re-sending?
If you don't mind, can you please share the sample email?

klein

Oct 6, 2009
FINALLY!!!!

I finally received the email from IRCC and can now access the portal. Many thanks to @klein and @Hopefulyyy. I contacted the portal department of both Ontario and general, and I received the email from Ontario agent.

I am confused about the IRCC portal though. Should I and my spouse both need to create separate portal as we have different portal credentials?
Next question is about the photo? Can I take a photo from my phone? If so, what are the specific requirements for photo?

Again, I am thankful to everyone in this group and especially @klein and @Hopefulyyy because thier solution finally cracked it for me.
Congrats!

It depends on what option you chose. If you chose Option B then you chose to have separate credentials for you and your spouse. If IRCC has sent you two different credentials, then you each have your own log-in and need to upload your photo/address/in-Canada declaration in your respective Portal accounts.

As for the photo, I would recommend doing it at a photo studio, bring this with you to the photographer https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445eb-e.pdf

You don't need to worry about the back of the photograph having a stamp. You only need to submit the actual photo, not the back.

I took my photos with my phone, but made a mistake while exporting from Photoshop so my dpi/resolution (and therefore mm * mm) was incorrect, which I only noticed after I submitted the photos :/ They haven't rejected my photos yet (still in review) but I fear they might.

Don't make the same mistake and get it done properly.

Hopefulyyy

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
FINALLY!!!!

Congratulations!!

tnian

Oct 21, 2021
Did you receive any GU prior to PR card arrival?
I wasn't able to link the PR card application in CIC so no...
The place of brith is blank on my ecpor and even in the GCMS notes, I tried all possible answer but still wasn't able to link so i just give up

BTW today my portal still shows my photo is in reivew with IRCC after receiving my card two days already. So maybe sometimes portal information for the photo is not updated.