+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

nehg

Aug 24, 2020
I've called several times, I've submitted half a dozen webforms, I even submitted a "processing times" feedback complaint on the IRCC website. I've contacted my MP who is now also reaching out to IRCC. I think I've exhausted all possible avenues for reaching out to someone at IRCC, but always looking for more. Emailing the portal directly is not something I've tried yet. I would be careful with this though, as your file is supposed to be assigned to a specific office for Virtual Landing so if that step hasn't been done then emailing them would be pointless I guess and only result in more confusion.
Omg! Did you asked an agent to add a note on your application for the immigration officer to verify if any minor step between approval and finalization might have been missed?

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
@mstefan Congratulation for eCOPR!

What do you suggest? Should I send an email with all details which they usually ask others (Last time you entered Canada ...and all) on the IRCC portal email address rather than waiting for their email? I'm waiting for first portal email for more than 5-6 weeks now! I got this idea from your first post in this thread where you said you also tried emailing on this email address.
Yeah, I did, but not by sending them my info. It's useless because if your application has not been transferred to them, you just don't exist yet in their virtual landing system.

I personally reached out by asking them to check if there is a technical problem that might be the cause of me not receiving the email. Of course, it didn't work, never got any answer.

From my experience, your problem is the same that most of us in this thread have, your application has not been formally transferred from your VO to your virtual landing unit after the approval. Nobody knows exactly why it happens, but since we are a huge minority, my best bet is that it's a missed step from the agent, after the approval (They approve a lot of applications in batches, and yeah the guy just don't press "enter" for yours haha). As soon as they transfer it, the first portal email will be in your inbox pretty quickly.

Basically, your only option is to somehow convince them to put a note for the agent in charge of your application, and then count on his goodwill to correct his mistake...

klein

Oct 6, 2009
Omg! Did you asked an agent to add a note on your application for the immigration officer to verify if any minor step between approval and finalization might have been missed?
Yes of course, the first agent that I spoke to on the phone was helpful and he added a note to the file confirming my primary email address to be the one I told him on the phone. The second agent didn't even open my file because of Afghanistan. The only response I got to my webform was basically "duh your application is still in process so of course you didn't get the email" completely ignoring that it's approved since August.... So yeah... what else can I do? Waiting for reply from my MP who is supposed to reach out to IRCC this week.

I just got the first portal email
Congrats!! Finally! There is hope after all :)

Reactions: eddieeeeeelyx

nehg

Aug 24, 2020

Yeah, I did, but not by sending them my info. It's useless because if your application has not been transferred to them, you just don't exist yet in their virtual landing system.

I personally reached out by asking them to check if there is a technical problem that might be the cause of me not receiving the email. Of course, it didn't work, never got any answer.

From my experience, your problem is the same that most of us in this thread have, your application has not been formally transferred from your VO to your virtual landing unit after the approval. Nobody knows exactly why it happens, but since we are a huge minority, my best bet is that it's a missed step from the agent, after the approval (They approve a lot of applications in batches, and yeah the guy just don't press "enter" for yours haha). As soon as they transfer it, the first portal email will be in your inbox pretty quickly.

Basically, your only option is to somehow convince them to put a note for the agent in charge of your application, and then count on his goodwill to correct his mistake...
Thanks for your prompt response, I will try to convince them.

The funny part is that I just received GCMS notes and print queue # is same as yours @eddieeeeeelyx and @mstefan. `PQ-DOC-3296-5`. This is probably the cursed print queue #.