+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1st portal email - How long after application is approved? Waiting for 50+ days

Eric P

May 8, 2021
I just raised a new web form. Not really expecting anything to happen, but I asked them to put a note in my file for the officer in charge of my application. Just so they can check if a step has been missed after the approval. Also, expecting GCMS these days, just to see if anything has changed.
Thanks, please let us know if you heard back from them. I tried to call IRCC around 8 this morning, the line was busy and disconnected.

eddieeeeeelyx

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
I just raised a new web form. Not really expecting anything to happen, but I asked them to put a note in my file for the officer in charge of my application. Just so they can check if a step has been missed after the approval. Also, expecting GCMS these days, just to see if anything has changed.
i got a response yesterday. Still Afghan...

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
i got a response yesterday. Still Afghan...
That's really discouraging... I don't know guys if you have any idea what we can do, but share if you do.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
That's really discouraging... I don't know guys if you have any idea what we can do, but share if you do.
Only thing I can think of is get in touch with friends who works in IRCC and knows about what's really going on. The official comminication channel (web forms and call center) is not working apparently.

Does anyone has friends in IRCC? It may worth the time and effort to reach out for help.

aviiii123

Star Member
Oct 28, 2020
Liberals wasted 610 million dollars during pandemic for an election with an outcome nearly identical to the federal elections in 2019. Could have deployed that money to resources like immigration so files can be processed faster and could have gained all these potential votes for future elections.

Reactions: mstefan

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Only thing I can think of is get in touch with friends who works in IRCC and knows about what's really going on. The official comminication channel (web forms and call center) is not working apparently.

Does anyone has friends in IRCC? It may worth the time and effort to reach out for help.
I've tried to find someone from my local VO. No luck... The person I talked to once from Montreal VO says she doesn't have any contact in the application processing department (probably lying). Maybe we could send a mail to some media out there? Just to inform them about the situation, that we are approved but IRCC is withholding the finalization for months without any justification.

eddieeeeeelyx

Star Member
Apr 21, 2021
I am thinking about sending my phone bills and bank statement through webform showing my residence in Ontario. and attach a letter with it asking for WTF is going on

Eric P

May 8, 2021
It worked for someone i know. His application was approved but no portal email for few months. He wrote a letter to explain the situation and attach that file to the webform. Then it was transferred to officer.

But his case was before Afghan crisis.
Hi, thanks for sharing. How did he know it was transferred to the officer? And what happened next?

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Thanks so much!
I will try the same, no other options.
All of a sudden, IRCC is going to receive a looooot of web forms with attached files :D
I'm gonna do it too, of course!