+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 months passed after application

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
I'm just tired waiting for this system to process my application. this whole episode has caused me to spend several extra hundred dollars if not thousands by booking last minute flights assuming they will call for test.. at times my head seems to explode trying to juggle between work, personal travel and hope of getting something everyday. Just a frustrating mess, every time this happens I think I should stop worrying and keep planning my life as I used to. I'm an Oct 2017 applicant, and seeing April 2018 applicants getting oath invites drives me crazy. Dont mistake, I am not opposed to applicants who applied after me getting oaths, but if it starts coming down to me not being able to seeing the end of the tunnel for no apparent reason, its frustrating.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I'm just tired waiting for this system to process my application. this whole episode has caused me to spend several extra hundred dollars if not thousands by booking last minute flights assuming they will call for test.. at times my head seems to explode trying to juggle between work, personal travel and hope of getting something everyday. Just a frustrating mess, every time this happens I think I should stop worrying and keep planning my life as I used to. I'm an Oct 2017 applicant, and seeing April 2018 applicants getting oath invites drives me crazy. Dont mistake, I am not opposed to applicants who applied after me getting oaths, but if it starts coming down to me not being able to seeing the end of the tunnel for no apparent reason, its frustrating.
This just sounds silly...you do realize you can just get insurance for your flights right?!

krishna_05

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
This just sounds silly...you do realize you can just get insurance for your flights right?!
I am not aware of any travel insurance that lets you cancel the flights because I have an anticipated ceremony coming up, at least not any reasonable ones. Most travel insurance covers only emergencies like death, health etc. I have checked most of them.. So to me its not silly, second, I am talking about multiple flights and travels - so there's no "annual" plan for such travels. I will be very happy if you can point me to one that is reasonable.

Reactions: itsmyid

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
And my PR renewal application was delivered today, received and signed by .... Mike, the guy who signed my application for citizenship last October was Ryan ... there could be a chance of better luck this time, but realistically I can already foresee the tragically slow progress this application is going to go through

Last edited:

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
I called and asked about my application(took the test March 2018) and still IP, the guy said clearance is still pending and its done by external partner no timeline.:( I think there is no point to follow up after 1 year

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
first to follow up after 12 months. next to follow up after 36 months.
Btw i just found out that the call centers actually keep track of the frequency of your calls. That's cause i called them up this week to let them know i was only 20 days away from 12 months, and they reminded me i had called in last week as well. I can only imagine the look on their faces when they do read the webform i sent in yesterday. LOL

Seriously though, has the call center ever really helped anyone?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
They seriously help people if people has serious questions. I can give example of my 2 encounters.
1. I called them week before my application to find out my work/study permits number since I lost them all. In fact I had 2 UCI by CIC mistake. They dag 3-11 years old docs and told me all the numbers.
2. My ecas was saying about my test invite but I never received any mail/email. I called them week before the test date and they told me the time, place and what I needed to bring.
I didn't have any other reason to call them. They can't do anything if application is in process, even tough it's 3 years. I would personally keep track of people too if I find out who is wasting tax payers money for their own conveniences.
Lol, like they care about tax payers’ money ... they get paid whether you call them or not, if nobody calls but they are still getting paid , then that would be waste of tax payers’ money

Reactions: ImageOfLight

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Btw i just found out that the call centers actually keep track of the frequency of your calls. That's cause i called them up this week to let them know i was only 20 days away from 12 months, and they reminded me i had called in last week as well. I can only imagine the look on their faces when they do read the webform i sent in yesterday. LOL

Seriously though, has the call center ever really helped anyone?
All calls ever made are listed in your GCMS report, the agent can see it too

Reactions: ImageOfLight

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
They seriously help people if people has serious questions. I can give example of my 2 encounters.
1. I called them week before my application to find out my work/study permits number since I lost them all. In fact I had 2 UCI by CIC mistake. They dag 3-11 years old docs and told me all the numbers.
2. My ecas was saying about my test invite but I never received any mail/email. I called them week before the test date and they told me the time, place and what I needed to bring.
I didn't have any other reason to call them. They can't do anything if application is in process, even tough it's 3 years. I would personally keep track of people too if I find out who is wasting tax payers money for their own conveniences.
I'd be more than happy to "stop wasting taxpayers money" when those receiving said monies actually get around to doing some work.

Reactions: itsmyid

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I called and asked about my application(took the test March 2018) and still IP, the guy said clearance is still pending and its done by external partner no timeline.:( I think there is no point to follow up after 1 year
@Ottawan told ya so. That's who IRCC is throwing under the bus for now.

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
I call them after 13 months . The guy told me , prohibition is still in process, so I have to wait and nobody knows how long does it take .