+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 months passed after application

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
You're talking about your monthly subscription for your ATIP/IRCC report card; but I'm talking about the completely separate ATIP/CSIS request.
By that I meant I request that report every month since it takes 30 days - I usually make a request right after I receive one since April - and there hasn’t been any holdup, just lack of activity as usual

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
By that I meant I request that report every month since it takes 30 days - I usually make a request right after I receive one since April - and there hasn’t been any holdup, just lack of activity as usual
Yes, that's you using ATIP in order to request your GCMS notes from IRCC every month. But you can also use ATIP to request a totally separate report from CSIS, directly.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Yes, that's you using ATIP in order to request your GCMS notes from IRCC every month. But you can also use ATIP to request a totally separate report from CSIS, directly.
CSIS doesn’t give me anything - I did it once and it simply said nothing useful but just the BS about not being allowed to reveal any details - I basically received a 2-page letter with no real information on it

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
CSIS doesn’t give me anything - I did it once and it simply said nothing useful but just the BS about not being allowed to reveal any details - I basically received a 2-page letter with no real information on it
Exactly right, while their part of one's background investigation's in-progress; but, if you re-read the 2-pager, you'll notice that their BS about them not being able/required to reveal anything to the applicant is apparently only in force until they've completed their assessment and forwarded their advice to IRCC, after which they might be more forthcoming. Re-read the final part of the 3rd paragraph...

Last edited:

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Exactly right, while their part of one's background investigation's in-progress; but, if you re-read the 2-pager, you'll notice that their BS about them not being able/required to reveal anything to the applicant is apparently only in force until they've completed their assessment and forwarded their advice to IRCC, after which they might be more forthcoming. Re-read the final part of the 3rd paragraph...
I did request it once. Do you suggest I request it again?

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I did request it once. Do you suggest I request it again?
I'd only request it (i.e., make an ATIP/CSIS) if the IRCC call centre agents are saying that the security assessment bit's definitely been completed at this stage, along with all of the other background checkings by the various relevant authorities, but one's file still doesn't seem to be moving/advancing at all.

I think that an ATIP/CSIS (post-completion of their assessment/opinion/advice sent back to IRCC) might be the sole way to perhaps see whether someone who wishes one ill (e.g., a jealous ex-partner, or a disgruntled employee/coworker/boss) had availed themselves of an anonymous tip-line in order to make disparaging/defamatory/derogatory allegations against one. Allegations that might colour officialdom's view of the applicant, and may require legal assistance for challenging and refuting. Hopefully this never happens, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

But, as you're coming up on your 12-month anniversary soon anyhow, you can thereafter get much more helpful action from the call centre agents in order to kickstart your application''s progress anyway.

Last edited:

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I'd only request it (i.e., make an ATIP/CSIS) if the IRCC call centre agents are saying that the security assessment bit's definitely been completed at this stage, along with all of the other background checkings by the various relevant authorities, but one's file still doesn't seem to be moving/advancing at all.

I think that an ATIP/CSIS (post-completion of their assessment/opinion/advice sent back to IRCC) might be the sole way to perhaps see whether someone who wishes one ill (e.g., a jealous ex-partner, or a disgruntled employee/coworker/boss) had availed themselves of an anonymous tip-line in order to make disparaging/defamatory/derogatory allegations against one. Allegations that might colour officialdom's view of the applicant, and may require legal assistance for challenging and refuting. Hopefully this never happens, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

But, as you're coming up on your 12-month anniversary soon anyhow, you can thereafter get much more helpful action from the call centre agents in order to kickstart your application''s progress anyway.
Thanks will try that. Agents said everything is clear.

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
3 weeks from one-year anniversary... still no news about the test ....
Friday will be exactly 3 Weeks till one year. No test invite yet. I wrote webforms and no answer only the same ( everything is ok and we are still in the one year ). In my case they wait on RCMP which is totally BS but whatever. What is yours?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Friday will be exactly 3 Weeks till one year. No test invite yet. I wrote webforms and no answer only the same ( everything is ok and we are still in the one year ). In my case they wait on RCMP which is totally BS but whatever. What is yours?
I was told all the checks were done and I should receive the test before oct ...

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
11 moths today.

More disheartening to see at least two others on this forum who are on 13+ months.

Doesn’t give me much hope.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
11 moths today.

More disheartening to see at least two others on this forum who are on 13+ months.

Doesn’t give me much hope.
I have sent out my application for PR renewal today - it will expire in less than 5 months, who knows, maybe I will get a new PR card before a test invite...

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
I have sent out my application for PR renewal today - it will expire in less than 5 months, who knows, maybe I will get a new PR card before a test invite...
I did an urgent application for PR renewal due to work travel, got my renewed card in 10 days.