+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

11 months passed after application

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
criminality check done back in Feb
Background check done back in June
All other checks and verification were done too according to the agent - haven’t received my latest GCMS yet, not sure exactly when they were done

Still, nothing since “ we started processing your application on Dec”

A coworker of mine, living in a building 600 meters away from mine, from the same country, with 1 month of buffer days, submitted in March 2018, had his test in early August.

Another coworker of mine, traveled outside Canada at least 2-3 months a year, submitted last Oct, had his test in April and oath last month

Former coworker of mine, from the same country, with half of my buffer days, address only 3 TTC stops away from mine, took a job in another country 2 months after submitting application, finished test in April and oath in June

So basically from the same country, traveled the least and with more buffer days (over 1500 days), living in the same GTA area and working in the same profession/location, my processing demands much more scrutiny, and I’d rather believe there’s a better explanation

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
All other checks and verification were done too according to the agent - haven’t received my latest GCMS yet, not sure exactly when they were done

A coworker of mine, living in a building 600 meters away from mine, from the same country, with 1 month of buffer days, submitted in March 2018, had his test in early August.

Another coworker of mine, traveled outside Canada at least 2-3 months a year, submitted last Oct, had his test in April and oath last month

Former coworker of mine, from the same country, with half of my buffer days, address only 3 TTC stops away from mine, took a job in another country 2 months after submitting application, finished test in April and oath in June

So basically from the same country, traveled the least and with more buffer days (over 1500 days), living in the same GTA area and working in the same profession/location, my processing demands much more scrutiny, and I’d rather believe there’s a better explanation
I will say it sometimes the less work they have to do and a application the longer they take,or they work on the more difficult ones to make it look like they are really busy or everyone just do they own thing only god knows.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I will say it sometimes the less work they have to do and a application the longer they take,or they work on the more difficult ones to make it look like they are really busy or everyone just do they own thing only god knows.
That’s the lack of transparency we’ve been taking about, it just feels like they keep it in the dark on purpose

Reactions: thani_2003

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018

Mine is almost 13 month since I applied for citizenship and 7 month since I passed the citizenship test. I am still in process. I don't know what is the priority to checking the document. I was working and studying during 5 years and only 2 times traveled to back home for 20 days and No criminal record .

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012

Tomorrow will be exactly 11months that my application reached IRCC and nothing since them. I work for the same company living in the same city and nothing. It is very frustrating. I reached out to my local MP but totally useless. Wrote webform got tthe answer back everything looks in order and they still in the regular processing time.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Tomorrow will be exactly 11months that my application reached IRCC and nothing since them. I work for the same company living in the same city and nothing. It is very frustrating. I reached out to my local MP but totally useless. Wrote webform got tthe answer back everything looks in order and they still in the regular processing time.
Some self-claimed wise guy would suggest it must have something to do with your country of origin, or your name matches someone else’s (even though for such case there would be FP request ) ... I’d just ignore

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016

Do you know for a certain fact whether or not CSIS has provided IRCC with their background security assessment/advice concerning you?

dreamgarfield

Star Member
Sep 2, 2012
Some self-claimed wise guy would suggest it must have something to do with your country of origin, or your name matches someone else’s (even though for such case there would be FP request ) ... I’d just ignore
I agree. It has nothing to do with that because if any match would be found they ask for fp. Beside you would have a hard time to cross the border to the US. With country of origin is the same I know ppl from the same country and got citizenship in couple months

ImageOfLight

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
Itsmyid,

Sorry to hear you're still in limbo. Must be terribly disheartening. I did my test last week and I am frustrated that with 1 month to go I still haven't seen an oath invitation, so I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating this must be for you.

And the most painful part... you don't know what's holding it up and you can't do anything about it.

Can't help but think that if IRCC had been a privately run organisation, they would have gone out of business a long time ago, because of sheer inefficiency. But alas, it's a government bureaucracy.
I hope you get something good soon.

Reactions: itsmyid

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
They said “all checks were done”, that would not make sense if security was still pending
From my reading of my ATIP/CSIS (the Privacy Act freebie one) 30d letter, CSIS can apparently only provide details about one's security background assessment/advice after their check has been completed. So perhaps you might consider using ATIP to check-up on your check-up. It won't cost you anything monetarily, but within 30d you might glean whether there's been some kind of hold-up or snafu concerning it along their path.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
From my reading of my ATIP/CSIS (the Privacy Act freebie one) 30d letter, CSIS can apparently only provide details about one's security background assessment/advice after their check has been completed. So perhaps you might consider using ATIP to check-up on your check-up. It won't cost you anything monetarily, but within 30d you might glean whether there's been some kind of hold-up or snafu concerning it along their path.
Believe me I am aware of all that - and I am about to receive my monthly subscription of that report in less than 2 weeks lol

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
Believe me I am aware of all that - and I am about to receive my monthly subscription of that report in less than 2 weeks lol
You're talking about your monthly subscription for your ATIP/IRCC report card; but I'm talking about the completely separate ATIP/CSIS request...

Last edited: