+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1-year suspension as an international student

Gigixo

May 2, 2020
Mine is crazy...I school in Canada.. Came here 2015 may and took summer courses... my visa expires 2019 September 4th..I was suspended may 2018(this month)..I heard the government will know by September or November.. I'm planning to leave for the time I'm suspended (one academic year (September 1st 2018 to august 31st 2019)) and come back next year August shortly before my visa expires and renew it from within canada... any suggestions?
Hi there. Althought the post was awhile ago but i wonder how things turned out for you, did you get the pgwp approval ?

Gigixo

May 2, 2020
Thanks for your reply Right now am on suspension for 6 months from jan2020-june 2020. I have worked illegally on doordash for 3 months jan-march I will finish schooling in November 2020 just left with my internship to be completed. Am afraid about the status of PGWP in future. What do you suggest me.
Hi there. How did things turn out for you? Did you get the pgwp approval ?

Gigixo

May 2, 2020
I still did not apply it takes 2 months from now fingers crossed i will update once i am done
Okay, best of luck to you!
I’m kinda in the same solution i was on a 2-month suspension, it was less than the 150 days requirement but I’m still nervous. Please update once you get yours :)

Khushi405

Jan 10, 2021
My study permit is expired and i have been placed on academic susspension due to less marks
I am suppose to start fourth semester so i can not change my course and start all over again as it will waste two years of my study life and all the money my parents have spent on me
Please help me what can i do

Tej210

Feb 22, 2021
My study permit is expired and i have been placed on academic susspension due to less marks
I am suppose to start fourth semester so i can not change my course and start all over again as it will waste two years of my study life and all the money my parents have spent on me
Please help me what can i do
Hi, right now I am on probation due to my less academic score than required but I don't think I would be able to make it. Therefore, I would like to ask for a suggestion like should I drop the program and join another college because this time I will get suspended If I get less score than required in any course. I just want to know like will I be able extend my study permit if I get enrolled into another college. Please any kind of advice will be appreciated .

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi, right now I am on probation due to my less academic score than required but I don't think I would be able to make it. Therefore, I would like to ask for a suggestion like should I drop the program and join another college because this time I will get suspended If I get less score than required in any course. I just want to know like will I be able extend my study permit if I get enrolled into another college. Please any kind of advice will be appreciated .
Yes you can get an extension, get a new program and start from scratch.
When did you start studying, how long is your program?

Tej210

Feb 22, 2021
Yes you can get an extension, get a new program and start from scratch.
When did you start studying, how long is your program?
Thanks for your reply, I started in Jan 2020 but I became part time student in this semester due to my late registration and I didn't get enrolled into one of the course I was suppose to be in and this 2 year program.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Thanks for your reply, I started in Jan 2020 but I became part time student in this semester due to my late registration and I didn't get enrolled into one of the course I was suppose to be in and this 2 year program.
Alright, that's okay.
When does your SP expire?

Extensions are approved, unless someone is just abusing an SP to stay in Canada. You've been studying, so you should be fine to extend.
Change DLI on the portal once you get new LOA.

Tej210

Feb 22, 2021
My SP will expire in March. I already sent a mail to my college to get LOA as soon as I get it then I will apply for extension and will try to change my college.

SukhGagan

Feb 12, 2022
Hi, I am an international student in Canada and I have done my one year study and one year has left but I got letter from my college of requirement of withdraw or drop my studies for a year but my study permit is also valid for one year. What I should do any suggestions??