1-year suspension as an international student

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
... the suspension is for one academic year..September 1st to august 31st.. then I can apply to be reinstalled.. if im reinstalled as a student, can't I extend it at that time (next year)?
You can apply but you have shown by the suspension that you haven't put the proper effort into your studies and therefore IRCC may not consider you to be a genuine student.

PARAM-

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
you chances are low, but you can increase by doing something like a certificate or other small course. this will put little wait in that somehow you lost and got suspended. now suspension awakes you, used your lost year to gain something in same field. but, keep in mind it all depends on VO nobody can say for sure and talk to some lawyer, if you can.

Dctalk

Oct 20, 2019
I got dismissed but I applied for another institution and got accepted into another program but it did not start within the next 150 days of my previous suspension.

Sk1947

Dec 17, 2019
Hi
Can anyone help me?my situation is very bad right now, I came to canada in 2016 i got suspension from college in jan 2018 to august 2018, and in sep 2018, i enterd into another college, and in dec 2019. I completed my study.
But the problem is i did not do anything in that 8 month academic suspension. Now lawyers saying that i can not get my PGWP, because i do not have any backup for that 8 months.
Is anybody been to same situation.
I have only 3 months then my study permit will be expire.
I need help, i will be thankful for your advice.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi
Can anyone help me?my situation is very bad right now, I came to canada in 2016 i got suspension from college in jan 2018 to august 2018, and in sep 2018, i enterd into another college, and in dec 2019. I completed my study.
But the problem is i did not do anything in that 8 month academic suspension. Now lawyers saying that i can not get my PGWP, because i do not have any backup for that 8 months.
you are not eligible for PGWP.

Iamrut

Apr 14, 2020
Hi

hi what happened in the end did you apply for tge work permit???

Sk1947

Dec 17, 2019
hi
i applied myself for PGWP and few days back i got my work permit approval. i submitted documents only of my completed study, nothing submit about my first college. because when i extend study permit for first time and changed my college, i submit transcripts of my first college along with my file.
I think its all about luck. if you completed study without any gap and with good grades you will get work permit.

Iamrut

Apr 14, 2020
hi
i applied myself for PGWP and few days back i got my work permit approval. i submitted documents only of my completed study, nothing submit about my first college. because when i extend study permit for first time and changed my college, i submit transcripts of my first college along with my file.
I think its all about luck. if you completed study without any gap and with good grades you will get work permit.
Thanks for your reply Right now am on suspension for 6 months from jan2020-june 2020. I have worked illegally on doordash for 3 months jan-march I will finish schooling in November 2020 just left with my internship to be completed. Am afraid about the status of PGWP in future. What do you suggest me.

Sk1947

Dec 17, 2019
you must consult with your program co ordinator. if he suggest you to continue your study in same college and same field then you should. but i asked one immigration consultant he said if i continue my study in same course there are less chance to get work permit. that is why i changed my college and course and completed my study in 16 months. I know it is hard, but you need to talk to you co-ordinator and ask him/her. because my co-ordinator told me to change the course.