+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“Ready for Visa” Received but Medicals Expired

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Hi Libor,

Were you able to enter Canada with expired medicals or were you asked to redo your medicals? I am in a slightly similar situation at this moment, and hence was looking for some clarification on this topic.

I received a request from IRCC to submit my passport for one time single entry visa and for CoPR. I took my medical exam on 14th Jan 2019. Due to some reason I will not be able to send my passport to IRCC till 28th December 2019. I have already conveyed this to IRCC guys, and they have extended my original deadline of 18th December 2019 to 18th February 2020 (extension of 60 days) to mail them the passports. My question is what if they return my passport, and CoPR after 14th Jan 2020 (when my medicals would expire). Will they ask me to do another medical or simply extend the validity of existent medical by say 1 month?

Thank you for your help in advance.

-Ajeya Gupta
What happened after? Can you please update us?

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
What happened after? Can you please update us?
Hello,

No, I was not required to do medicals again. Surprisingly, I got a CoPR and one-time entry visa with a validity of ~10 months. I entered Canada to do initial formalities and returned back to USA the same day. Hope this helps.

blocked

Nov 9, 2020
Were\\\\
Hello,

No, I was not required to do medicals again. Surprisingly, I got a CoPR and one-time entry visa with a validity of ~10 months. I entered Canada to do initial formalities and returned back to USA the same day. Hope this helps.
Did they mail your PR cards to USA or did you have them mail to a Canadian address?

BIJITIN.P.C

Star Member
Jul 8, 2015
Hai guys
I did my medical on oct 9 2019,
So on oct 9 , 2020 its expired
I applied for GCMS NOTES .
In that it says on oct 21,2020 medical reassessment requested for PA .
In the next note,
on oct 22 2020 medical reassessment granted for PA
What is that mean , Plz reply guys
Do I need to do the medicals again
Plzz reply

Mindf

Dec 13, 2020
Hi all,
I have recieved my passport with the STAMPED VISA on it. However on my CIC account, my medicals are not updated. It still says "You do not need a medical exam".
My medical does not expire either until a few more months.

Does anyone have any idea, how this has happened? How was my passport stamped and visa approved but the Medical has not been updated on my account ??

Aleena$209

Aug 25, 2019
Pls Someone help me plsss plssss..I already submit my passport.& my visa will expire on March.so I want to entend my visa.i email ircc.they said i need to do medical again for my visa extend.my question is if I do medical again.then again I need to wait long time.? Plssss help me. Thank you

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi all,
I have recieved my passport with the STAMPED VISA on it. However on my CIC account, my medicals are not updated. It still says "You do not need a medical exam".
My medical does not expire either until a few more months.

Does anyone have any idea, how this has happened? How was my passport stamped and visa approved but the Medical has not been updated on my account ??
In general
1- your application will never be approved unless you pass medicals and confirmed no harm to public or excess burden on health system. Since you were approved then you are all set already.
2- your medicals validity is one year check below
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/assessing/validity-period-medical-certificate.html
3- you will not be be allowed to travel if medicals are expired, in order to control this your Visa shall expire in parallel. For example you did medical on 01 March your visa should be valid till 1 March( or a day prior)following year. Regardless of issuance date.

Please can you share
AOR
Stream
PPR

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Pls Someone help me plsss plssss..I already submit my passport.& my visa will expire on March.so I want to entend my visa.i email ircc.they said i need to do medical again for my visa extend.my question is if I do medical again.then again I need to wait long time.? Plssss help me. Thank you
I think it might take up to 2 weeks to the HC to upload your results. Should be ok hopefully.

GL

Aleena$209

Aug 25, 2019
Th
I think it might take up to 2 weeks to the HC to upload your results. Should be ok hopefully.

GL
Thnx alooot...!!! But my passport at the IRCC office.. they back it or not..? Or they r waiting for my new medical..do u knw Plss tell me

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Th

Thnx alooot...!!! But my passport at the IRCC office.. they back it or not..? Or they r waiting for my new medical..do u knw Plss tell me
I believe it should be treated separately, meaning your passport should proceed normally providing you did not reach expiry date yet. And if your medicals are considered expired they will contact you through your account. They either automatically extend for another year or request medicals.

Otherwise they will return your passport with no change in it and request new medical or extend existing medicals through CiC account.

If i understand you well i expect you receive your passport and CoPr valid for the whole next year.
GL
Keep us posted please

Sfzh

Sep 30, 2020
Hi was wondering did medicals get extended for all of u. And if so how do u know medicals are extended

Waqas Tariq

Dec 16, 2018
You are correct in the sense that such situation did indeed happen but it can be rectified by contacting the VO if they do make such mistake.

My medicals were over 2 months expired when I received the PPR and I was still given a full year to finish the landing process.
So you received PPR even with your medicals expired? and IRCC did not ask you to do re-medicals? Was your application spousal sponsorship outland?

Aliahmad123

Jan 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have been following these forums for a while and I know you guys are very helpful. However, I couldn’t find an answer to this:

I have received today the “Ready for Visa” e-mail but I have noticed that our medicals (my wife’s and mine) are expired. We visited the doctors on 28/2/2017 and 5/3/2017. As I understand, the medicals determine the CoPR visa expiry date - should be 28/2/2018 and 5/3/2018 in my case.

I was wondering whether we should redo the medicals or should we just send our passports to the visa center as per the instructions? My only fear is that I saw stories of people getting their visas that showed expiry dates in the past.

Thank you for your time.

Libor
Will u plz tell me what happen after that bcoz i am in the same situation

Aliahmad123

Jan 30, 2020
So you received PPR even with your medicals expired? and IRCC did not ask you to do re-medicals? Was your application spousal sponsorship outland?
I received PPR request on my email but unfortunately not able to submit my passport and now its been 5 months when i saw that email i emailed ircc again and my application is in process , 21 march 2023 my medical expires and i come to now on 29 march 2023 i email them to send me new ppr request or ask me to redo the medical.. is there any thing to worry about that