+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“Ready for Visa” Received but Medicals Expired

Libor

Jun 5, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have been following these forums for a while and I know you guys are very helpful. However, I couldn’t find an answer to this:

I have received today the “Ready for Visa” e-mail but I have noticed that our medicals (my wife’s and mine) are expired. We visited the doctors on 28/2/2017 and 5/3/2017. As I understand, the medicals determine the CoPR visa expiry date - should be 28/2/2018 and 5/3/2018 in my case.

I was wondering whether we should redo the medicals or should we just send our passports to the visa center as per the instructions? My only fear is that I saw stories of people getting their visas that showed expiry dates in the past.

Thank you for your time.

Libor

Reactions: Aliahmad123

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have been following these forums for a while and I know you guys are very helpful. However, I couldn’t find an answer to this:

I have received today the “Ready for Visa” e-mail but I have noticed that our medicals (my wife’s and mine) are expired. We visited the doctors on 28/2/2017 and 5/3/2017. As I understand, the medicals determine the CoPR visa expiry date - should be 28/2/2018 and 5/3/2018 in my case.

I was wondering whether we should redo the medicals or should we just send our passports to the visa center as per the instructions? My only fear is that I saw stories of people getting their visas that showed expiry dates in the past.

Thank you for your time.

Libor
I don’t think you can redo your medical without CIC asking you to. It’s possible they extended them for you, what’s your medicals status on the cic website?

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your time.

Libor
I highly doubt that the visa office will actually stamp your passports with an expired visa..that would be something

As far as I have read here they should be asking you to redo medicals ...probably very soon...

Libor

Jun 5, 2018
Thanks a lot for your answers, much appreciated. It says that my application is in progress and that I passed the medical exam. Despite that, I received the “Ready for Visa” e-mail.

The common sense tells me that my medicals have been extended but one never knows and I read the stories of people being issued with visas where expiry dates were in the past.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Thanks a lot for your answers, much appreciated. It says that my application is in progress and that I passed the medical exam. Despite that, I received the “Ready for Visa” e-mail.

The common sense tells me that my medicals have been extended but one never knows and I read the stories of people being issued with visas where expiry dates were in the past.
When your medical expires, the status turns to “you do not need medical”, when they extend it or you redo it it turns back to passed. If it says passed now, it’s most probably extended by them.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

You are correct in the sense that such situation did indeed happen but it can be rectified by contacting the VO if they do make such mistake.

My medicals were over 2 months expired when I received the PPR and I was still given a full year to finish the landing process.

Libor

Jun 5, 2018
When your medical expires, the status turns to “you do not need medical”, when they extend it or you redo it it turns back to passed. If it says passed now, it’s most probably extended by them.
Perfect, thanks a lot for your help!

Libor

Jun 5, 2018
You are correct in the sense that such situation did indeed happen but it can be rectified by contacting the VO if they do make such mistake.

My medicals were over 2 months expired when I received the PPR and I was still given a full year to finish the landing process.
Thank you for your answer! Great news!

mrehanraza

Jun 10, 2016
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your time.

Libor
Hi Libor,
Since its been couple of months of your case could you share the latest happening.I hope you are in Canada now, the reason for asking is that i am going through the same situation as you had it before.I have received PPR and my medical expired 5 months ago but i still sent them(London office) passports as requested so could you please share your further experience.Thanx

Libor

Jun 5, 2018
Hi mrehanraza,

I have received my CoPR with the expiry date in May 2019. So I think that it does not matter that your medicals are expired. They still give you one year to land when they issue your CoPR.

Good luck!

saza12345

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Libor,
Since its been couple of months of your case could you share the latest happening.I hope you are in Canada now, the reason for asking is that i am going through the same situation as you had it before.I have received PPR and my medical expired 5 months ago but i still sent them(London office) passports as requested so could you please share your further experience.Thanx
Hi Mrehanraza,

Did you receive your COPR?? I am asking, as I am in the same situation at the moment. Would really appreciate your response.

Thanks.

Ranjodh1234

Sep 11, 2019
I don’t think you can redo your medical without CIC asking you to. It’s possible they extended them for you, what’s your medicals status on the cic website?
Hi bro just wana ask can cic extend medical? Because its happening with me my medical is expired but i got PAL. And Its showing you passed medical??? Reply if possible please

nehasethi

Apr 29, 2018
Hi

i am in a similar tough situation. I received my AOR on 11th April and my estimated completion date was 11th October for my application which has passed already but my status bar shows no update and i got my medicals done 28th Jan 2019 , which will expire on 28th Jan 2020. I am feared that would i have to redo the whole application ( medicals , PCC and my local residence good conduct ) , really need help on this situation because PCC is still manageable , but medicals cost a lot here in Middle east.

AjeyaGupta

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your time.

Libor
Hi Libor,

Were you able to enter Canada with expired medicals or were you asked to redo your medicals? I am in a slightly similar situation at this moment, and hence was looking for some clarification on this topic.

I received a request from IRCC to submit my passport for one time single entry visa and for CoPR. I took my medical exam on 14th Jan 2019. Due to some reason I will not be able to send my passport to IRCC till 28th December 2019. I have already conveyed this to IRCC guys, and they have extended my original deadline of 18th December 2019 to 18th February 2020 (extension of 60 days) to mail them the passports. My question is what if they return my passport, and CoPR after 14th Jan 2020 (when my medicals would expire). Will they ask me to do another medical or simply extend the validity of existent medical by say 1 month?

Thank you for your help in advance.

-Ajeya Gupta