+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445
I got P1 on October 9th. I have a representative so had to create a new email to reply as original P1 came to my rep. It says on the P1 to reply to the email, if you create a new email, does it cause a delay?
 
Hi Miss bee, Is it okay to change or quit the job in the case of Non express Entry(OINP-employee job offer stream) if the application status says that you’ve passed eligibility already?
In the case of OINP Employer Job Offer Stream (Non-Express Entry), quitting or changing your job after passing eligibility but before receiving PR can still be risky, even if your GCMS notes or PR tracker say “Eligibility Passed.” Here’s why:

Why it’s risky:
  • OINP nomination is job-dependent. The nomination is tied to a specific employer, position, and location. IRCC expects you to maintain that job offer until PR is finalized.
  • Even if IRCC has passed eligibility, they can still reassess your application if they become aware that the conditions of your nomination have changed (e.g., you quit your job).
  • Security and final decision-making are still pending after eligibility. Any change could trigger a reassessment or even refusal under section R87 of the IRPR if IRCC believes the basis of your nomination is no longer valid.
When it might be safe:
  • If you’ve already received your COPR or PR card, you are free to change jobs.
  • If your OINP nomination is not employer-restricted (rare), then job changes may be safer — but most Employer Job Offer streams are employer-specific
If change is unavoidable:

If you must change or quit:
Contact OINP immediately to inform them and ask if your nomination can be maintained or amended.
  1. You can try to find another employer within the same NOC/TEER level, and request a new job offer approval from OINP — though this is not guaranteed.
  2. Expect IRCC to possibly request additional information or reverify your nomination
Recommendation: If possible, wait until your PR is fully approved before quitting. If it’s urgent, consult with an immigration consultant or lawyer to assess the risk in your specific case and whether it can be mitigated.
can we go on job protected medical leave for 3 months - 12 weeks without leaving canada and take medical attention here. I'm waiting for final decision and my empoyer is fine to approve my medical leave. will that affect my PR application
 
In GCKEY, when background check go from in progress to not applicable, does that mean anything after being in comprehensive check for almost 23 months?
 
In GCKEY, when background check go from in progress to not applicable, does that mean anything after being in comprehensive check for almost 23 months?
happened to me in March of this year as well, and there'd been no movement afterward until a few weeks ago, when CBSA confirmed that they finally completed their part. Most of the time, when your BGC status flips to N/A that simply means your police clearance certificate has expired. Don't get your hopes up. The only definitive way to see if your security screening has been completed is thru GCMS notes from IRCC/CBSA.
 
Hi @Miss bee and every one,

I'm looking for advice from anyone who has experienced unusually long criminality checks, especially through Non-Express Entry PNP.

My partner and I have been waiting for almost two years, and we're trying to understand what's holding up our application.

Our timeline:

  • Stream: Non-Express Entry BC PNP (inland)
  • Application submitted: November 2024
  • AOR: May 2025
  • Eligibility: Passed (September 2025)
  • Medical: Passed
  • Criminality: Passed in July 2025, then changed back to In Progress in September 2025 (still pending after 13+ months)
  • Information sharing: In Progress, although US, Australia, and New Zealand checks show No Reportable Trace
  • Security: Not Started
  • Police certificates: Submitted for all required countries, no criminal records
Additional details:

Our GCMS notes show that criminality was marked Passed in July 2025 but was changed back to In Progress by an officer in September 2025, with no explanation.

Our application was also transferred from Winnipeg to RROC Ottawa in May 2026.

Our MP contacted IRCC in October 2026 and was told that criminality is pending with a third-party partner, but no further details were provided. IRCC confirmed that nothing is outstanding from our side and nothing abnormal was reported.

What do you think we should do? Has anyone experienced a similar criminality reversal? Would you recommend consulting a lawyer, waiting, submitting updated police certificates, or applying through Express Entry in parallel?

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. It's been a very long wait, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 
Last edited: