+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORK PERMIT REFUSED AT PORT OF ENTRY

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Hi experts
I tried to apply to a WP at the Port of Entry (airport). However the Officer denied and said I had to apply online.
I already have LMIA approved what was the reason for that?
Please help

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi experts
I tried to apply to a WP at the Port of Entry (airport). However the Officer denied and said I had to apply online.
Please help
LMIA is for employer, allowing them to hire non-PR/non-citizen. Applicants apply for work permit with the LMIA from employer to support their closed work permit application.

AFAIK, you can't apply for a closed work permit at PoE.

How did you get the LMIA? Who applied for that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi experts
Please help
Are you from a visa exempt country?

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
LMIA is for employer, allowing them to hire non-PR/non-citizen. Applicants apply for work permit with the LMIA from employer to support their closed work permit application.

AFAIK, you can't apply for a closed work permit at PoE.

How did you get the LMIA? Who applied for that?
Where does it say that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Brazilian Nationality where does it say that?
Eligibility requirements if you apply when you enter Canada at a port of entry
You should apply for your work permit before you travel to Canada.

However, you can apply for a work permit when you enter Canada if you’re eligible.

To apply at a port of entry (POE), you must meet all of the following:

• be eligible for an electronic travel authorization or to travel without a visitor visa (find out if you need a visa)
  • meet other requirements depending on the type of work permit you’re applying for (see below)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html#port_entry

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
Eligibility requirements if you apply when you enter Canada at a port of entry
You should apply for your work permit before you travel to Canada.

However, you can apply for a work permit when you enter Canada if you’re eligible.

To apply at a port of entry (POE), you must meet all of the following:

• be eligible for an electronic travel authorization or to travel without a visitor visa (find out if you need a visa)
  • meet other requirements depending on the type of work permit you’re applying for (see below)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/eligibility.html#port_entry
I do have an ETA and LMIA approved this info does not apply to my situation

soccer_007

Oct 7, 2020
It is at the discretion of CBSA. It tells you to apply online through IRCC before you enter Canada. You took the chance and it didn’t work so apply online.
I guess that's what happened to me. CBSA decided that it was best to apply online or the officer wasn't aware of that information

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I already have an LMAI approved why you keep questioning my eligibility for LMAI. Please just read carefully
I am so sorry if I am trying to answer your queries that you posted in a public forum.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I guess that's what happened to me. CBSA decided that it was best to apply online or the officer wasn't aware of that information
By applying online within Canada, it will be 4-5 months for a decision. Because verification of documents (ECA, employment letters, ECA) takes time, CBSA wanted IRCC to approve the application.