+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit for refugees

amahmustang

Nov 26, 2015
kriv said:
the timeline you have quoted is for New temporary resident visa a TRV (13 days processing time)
All Students and close work permit holders(foreign workers) living in canada came to canada with a TRV (visa). During their study or working contract if their TRV is expired and they need to travel outside canada they need a valid TRV to re-enter into canada. SO this is for them and to apply for a NEW temporary resident visa within canada and they must have a valid study or work permit.

when a refugee/refugee claimaint apply for work permit or extension of his work permit the forms filled are "Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker (IMM 5710)" which refers to the timelines below (as of today from cic website):-

Work Permit Extension (new employer): paper application - 99 days, online application - 117 days
Hi Kriv,
@kriv

Well, I currently have a valid study, and off-campus work permits. And I applied for the open work permit. Would I be consider with those who will be processec in 117 day or 13 days? It is my first time applying for the open work permit though.

amahmustang

Nov 26, 2015
amahmustang said:
Hi Kriv,
@kriv

Well, I currently have a valid study, and off-campus work permits. And I applied for the open work permit. Would I be consider with those who will be processec in 117 day or 13 days? It is my first time applying for the open work permit though.
and I am also protected person

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
amahmustang said:
Hi Kriv,
@kriv

Nowadays Open work permits are processed in 3-4 months.
- again the 13 days time is for trv (the visit visa sticker which is used to enter into Canada).

Damusty

Dec 14, 2015
I applied for a work permit since august and still l"ve not gotten any response from the immigration. Application was done through my lawyer A A Green. Kindly tell me the status of my application.

Mustapha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Damusty said:
I applied for a work permit since august and still l"ve not gotten any response from the immigration. Application was done through my lawyer A A Green. Kindly tell me the status of my application.

Mustapha
This isn't a CIC web site - this is a public forum. Unfortunately we can't tell you what the status of your application is.

redalot

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys which online form you are using to extent your workpermit?

Last year I mailed it and took 3-4 months.. now its expiring again so i want to apply again..

Please help.

BTW its for me and my wife.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
redalot said:
Guys which online form you are using to extent your workpermit?

Last year I mailed it and took 3-4 months.. now its expiring again so i want to apply again..

Please help.

BTW its for me and my wife.
the same forms which you had previously used. (remember to download the new updated/latest forms from cic website)

redalot

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriv said:
the same forms which you had previously used. (remember to download the new updated/latest forms from cic website)
Last year I sent the form via Mail... I saw other members are doing it online and I couldn't figure out where is the online form

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
redalot said:
Last year I sent the form via Mail... I saw other members are doing it online and I couldn't figure out where is the online form
If you want to apply online.... these are the steps:-

First determine your eligibility to apply online ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp )
step 1: Fill out the complete online questionnaire from the above link
Step 2: on the completion of step 1 you will get a CODE, Write it down on a paper
step 3: create a Mycic account (GCkey signup) using the above CODE ( following the instructions while creating account and i suggest to write down all the security question and answer at a safe place so that you do not forget what you typed there)
step 4: Based on your questionnaire you answered in step 1, your Mycic account will automatically be consisting the application forms which you have to submit ( download them)
step 5: upload all the forms once filled,your photo and documents etc whatever is requested in your Mycic account
Step 6: once everything completed Submit your application for processing.

-uploading supporting documents: scan them all, paste them in a word document file and upload them.
-After submitting wait for the outcome, they will notify about any updates in your Mycic account by sending you an email.
-you will get your application receipt, acknowledgement of application received and file number almost instantly or in few hours which will help to prove that you have submitted your work permit extension application.

Hope it helps

Usopp

Dec 24, 2015
Re: Work Permit for refugee

Hi
My friends's refugee claim was refused and appeal as well. Her lawyer advised to file Juridical Review and apply for H&C grounds. She is going through a lot and surely facing risk or hardship in her home country if sent back. she is here with her daughter. Coming from same country i know the risk, but unfortunetely immigration officers did not and she got refused. I read online article about refugee acceptance is "luck in the draw" so i dont know, just feel so sorry for her. She has been "unlucky" from the start.Her first lawyer didnt say that she could work on refugee claimant status and she only found out when called to CIC with different matter. She sent her WP application in April but it was returned in July asking to pay the fee, because her first claim was rejected meanwhile. She pais the fee and sends WP application again in August but her appeal is rejected just recently and she pays the additional WP fee of 100$. The cost is for refugee claimants free, failed refugee claimants 155$, failed appeal refugees 255$. And now when she applies for H&C receiving social assistance weakens the case it say online. If only that first lawyer directed her with correct info or had genuine interest to help her she might have ended in a better situation. She prays and hopes for the better, and is going to try everything. She said recently that someone told her that she may go and try Quebec, because Quebec has same legal system (civic) as her home country. Is it true? I wish to be more helpful to my friend and trying to collect info from people with experience, so please help me to find solutions. Your response is greatly appreciated. God bless you all :)

angel2014

Jun 30, 2014
Canada sucks .. I m refugee from 2007 , my case was declined in 2010 and I am still begging CBSA to send me back home . I haven't seen my family since 2007 ..I never took any benefits from government . Paid taxes . Worked all this years . N now its really hurts seeing this other refugees who will get PR in some months . They are not providing any health card to me . I have been paying all my medical expenses . I am losing my health just because I cant afford treatments here . I don't knw what to do , where to go . No lawyer or CBSA are helping , Been to CBSA office so many times begging to send me back home . Not sure what they are doing . So lost . Coming to Canada as a refugee is mental torture . I lost many family members in my family and I don't knw if I ll ever see my parents in this life . Why dont they settle ppl who are already in Canada and who are paying taxes and didn't have any criminal record Instead of bringing new ppl . Are we not human . Y aren't they treating us like a human , how they are treating Syrians , do we not need to see our family in this life ?
I wish I can see PM personally or go to media .
So frustrating and sad ....

Reactions: AHMGBP

redalot

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriv said:
If you want to apply online.... these are the steps:-

First determine your eligibility to apply online ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp )
step 1: Fill out the complete online questionnaire from the above link
Step 2: on the completion of step 1 you will get a CODE, Write it down on a paper
step 3: create a Mycic account (GCkey signup) using the above CODE ( following the instructions while creating account and i suggest to write down all the security question and answer at a safe place so that you do not forget what you typed there)
step 4: Based on your questionnaire you answered in step 1, your Mycic account will automatically be consisting the application forms which you have to submit ( download them)
step 5: upload all the forms once filled,your photo and documents etc whatever is requested in your Mycic account
Step 6: once everything completed Submit your application for processing.

-uploading supporting documents: scan them all, paste them in a word document file and upload them.
-After submitting wait for the outcome, they will notify about any updates in your Mycic account by sending you an email.
-you will get your application receipt, acknowledgement of application received and file number almost instantly or in few hours which will help to prove that you have submitted your work permit extension application.

Hope it helps
I dont see a code :/ The categories are actually not much accurate.. as a protected person i dont see any option... please help.. i have to my employer prove that i have applied for my work permit renewal..

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
redalot said:
I dont see a code :/ The categories are actually not much accurate.. as a protected person i dont see any option... please help.. i have to my employer prove that i have applied for my work permit renewal..
You might be filling the questionnaire wrongly.
When it ask" how long are you planning to stay" select "temporary-more than 6months"

redalot

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kriv said:
You might be filling the questionnaire wrongly.
When it ask" how long are you planning to stay" select "temporary-more than 6months"
Thanks Kriv,

and for "What is your current immigration status in Canada? " I cannot see protected person.. should i select refugee claimant?